"Frazetta: Painting With Fire" IFC Airing

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Hybrid View

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

"Frazetta: Painting With Fire" IFC Airing

Hello Frazetta Fans,

I recently sent out a newsletter update to those on our email list, and wanted to post it here for those not currently subscribed. If you would like to subscribe, please click here and go to the right hand side of the page under the "News" banner:

Following is the newsletter:

1 Television Premiere of "Painting With Fire" on IFC
    2 DVD Update
    3 Announcement of Extra Features on DVD
    4 Shameless self-promotion
    __________________________________________________ _________________________________

"Frazetta: Painting With Fire" makes its television premiere:

Tune in to the Independent Film Channel on Saturday, August 28th at 8:00 pm Eastern (5 pm Pacific) for this special event. That's this Saturday. They will also be showing the film two more times that evening; again at 10:45 pm Eastern, and a final time at 3:45 am Eastern. Please let your friends know as well.

TV Guide has given the film 3 out of 4 stars in their review. There's also a short review of the film in their printed edition which goes on sale this week. If you've already seen the film and would like to add your own "User Rating," you can do so on the TV Guide website.
    __________________________________________________ _________________________________

DVD Update:

This section of the newsletter is always interesting as there are constant developments, often to the chagrin of myself and others.

PACKAGE ONE UPDATE (2 Disc set with Extra Features):
    We currently have two companies working on the "Package One" version of the DVD. One company is putting together Disc One, while the other is working on Disc Two which includes the vast majority of the extra features. For reasons I can't get into right now, they both got a late start, putting our release date of October 26 in jeopardy. We are now shooting for a November 16 release date as a result. I will continue to keep everyone updated on the status.

PACKAGE TWO UPDATE (2 Disc set with "Fire and Ice"):
    I've also been told from Blue Underground that the DVD bundle version with "Fire and Ice" has now been pushed back until July of 2005. Because the High Definition transfer of "Fire and Ice" was so well done, you could literally see all of the dirt and scratches from the original animation cells, so they have decided to restore the film using a very lengthy and expensive process. Originally I was disappointed to hear about the delay, but I always respect and appreciate it when people go the extra mile to vastly improve their product. It will now make its debut at the 2005 San Diego Comic Con. Blue Underground will also be releasing "Fire and Ice" separately on the same date.

DVD Planned Extra Features:

Below is a list of planned extra features that should be included in the "Package One" DVD release.

DISC ONE EXTRAS:
    • Director / Producer Audio Commentary
    • Spanish and English Subtitles

DISC TWO EXTRAS:
    • Behind the Scenes Footage (may be moved to Disc One)
    • Frazetta drawing a panther left handed from beginning to end
    • Frazetta Rare Art Gallery
    • Frazetta photo montage
    • Outtakes
    • Deleted Scenes
    • Stories from Peers
    • "Fire and Ice" visual and audio Diary narrated by Nekron actor Sean Hannon
    • Sketches from Peers dedicated to Frank from Dave Stevens, Joe Jusko, Brom, Michael Kaluta, Bill Stout, Neal Adams, John Buscema and RK Post to name only a few
    • Headshots, Bios, and sample Artwork from some of the artist interviewed in the documentary
    • Hidden Easter Eggs

Shameless Self Promotion:
    If this kind of stuff sickens you, then read no further. Otherwise, proceed at your own risk.
    As many of you I'm sure already know, Mr. Frazetta largely influenced me as a young boy to become an artist. At the risk of tarnishing his good name, I recently posted several image galleries of my own artwork. If you're brave, you can click here to view them:

That is all for this newsletter. Please feel free to circulate this to any of your friends or enemies who might have and interest in this film.

Until next time,

Lance Laspina
    www.cinemachine.net

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Sounds great. I'll be picking up the DvD and checking it out this Saturday.

Thanks for the update.

-Joshua

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wow!!!

Dunno what to say, he is a major art influence, and two prints and a calender of Frazetta's art adorn my walls.

When/Where can I get this DVD?

Motivation...gone.

Sketchbook be here...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

DVD availability

Hey Rkhon,

When the DVD becomes available this fall, you'll be able to buy it at the following places:

1. Our home site: www.cinemachine.net
    2. Bud Plant's site: www.budplant.com
    3. Amazon.com
    4. Your local comic shop
    5. Hopefully Barnes and Noble, Borders, Tower Records, Virgin, etc...

I'll post again once it becomes available, and thanks for your interest.

-lance-

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Very cool, thanks for the info.

Motivation...gone.

Sketchbook be here...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Oh, man! I can't tell you how much I am looking forward to the DVD/tonight's presentation. Frazetta has been a huge influence for me. Thank you guys for putting this movie together and keeping us updated. I'll pass the word to as many as I can.
    Thanks again and good luck on your future projects!

P.S. A documentary on Bernie Wrightson would be sweet. (hint, hint)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.