Futurism Art
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Futurism Art

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Futurism Art

Hi,

I am college right now studying computer graphics design. I currently am taking Photoshop and Macromedia Flash classes and html language. My interest is futuristic art and was wondering if there are any other futurist artists here as well? Do you have any examples to show? I personally am just a beginner so my current "art" is laughable, but I'm slowly learning the skills. I get much of my futuristic inspiration from http://neoeugenics.home.comcast.net/ which contains futurist ideologies and inspirations of various intellectuals, so I am seeking to mold my art to a futurist paradise envisioned by these intellectuals. I have the ideas in my mind, but currently lack the skill to materialize the ideas into graphical form. But, all I need is time. . .

Regards.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

the deep, dark, menacing jungles of Australia.
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought the futurist movement was crushed by the realisms of war?

art is fun and addictive. like coffee. I like coffee too.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I get much of my futuristic inspiration from http://neoeugenics.home.comcast.net/ which contains futurist ideologies and inspirations of various intellectuals, so I am seeking to mold my art to a futurist paradise envisioned by these intellectuals.

Are you aware that the Eugenics movement in Europe in the late 19th and early 20th century was a conscious effort to "breed better human beings - by encouraging people with 'good' genes and discouraging those with 'bad' genes"? Quote from http://www.eugenicsarchive.org/. Please go there
    Are you aware that this movement was supported by Hitler? Encouraged in fact? And that it today is related to another movement known commonly as the Neo-Nazi movement?
    I am simply wondering, because I reacted to the Neo-Eugenics name and went to see this page where you get your information. On this page the owner says, and I quote : "I advocate two primary future options for eugenics: A return to nationalism.....; and/or, to increase group solidarity and practice eugenics without borders."
    Nationalism: Also commonly known after WW2 as Nazism. The eugenics they practiced is well-known... and wildly disputed by people known as Revisionists.
    I tend to jump to conclusions, but I do my research. And a futuristic paradise inspired by anyone wearing the name "Neo-Eugenics" sets my hackles on end.

Here's a page on futurism (the real kind): http://www.colophon.com/gallery/futurism/
    Enjoy!

Last edited by fixx; August 16th, 2004 at 12:27 AM.
    Batman gives me warm fuzzies

my sketches

my web

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nazisme and nationalisme are two different things... The nazisme is a form of nationalisme.
    Do not rewrite history please... Nationalisme led to the creation of most country that exist now.

I don't know if the futurism was supported by the nazi, but the only art they support is realism for propaganda(as Russian did too).

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yes, nazism is an extreme form of nationalism. Please don't say I'm rewriting history. Got enough nutters doing that. Anyway, I was just questioning his "futurist paradise". Sounds iffy to me...
    To each his own *shrugs*

Batman gives me warm fuzzies

my sketches

my web

Members who have read this thread: 1