Thanks

Dallas Digital Artists

As I'm sure everyone here knows, our calling as artists can be a lonely road, particularly if you work freelance or in a small-team environment. I've taken the liberty of setting up a yahoo group at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/dallasdag/ as a mailing list so that Dallas/Ft Worth area artists can network; in fact, my primary aim is to get enough diverse talented and dedicated people together so that we can start meeting in realspace to collaborate or pick each other's brains on technique and theory, cover each on jobs and contacts, and essentially put human faces on all these pretty 1s and 0s we see online. If you're interested and in the DFW area, please sign up at the link above; when we get a few people on, we can start making arrangements to meet up at one of the fine local coffee purveyors with sketchbook, pencil, pen, and marker.
    Thanks,
    Glenn

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Hmm... I'm a digital artist in the Dallas area - but also a total chicken when it comes to meeting new people. *grin*

Thanks
    Don't be scared! ;-) I'm fairly normal for an artist, and I've met all the fine fellows at Ritual (where are you, hawkprey?), who all seem to be straight shooters. Besides, the more people we can get hooked up, the less pressure on the individual in an rl setting.
    ;-)
    Glenn

Thanks

Curious...and interested

Hi,

As a full-time animation student that has previously worked as a graphic and web designer (and freelancing now while back in school), I have to admit, I'm seriously interested in being able to network with other artists in the DFW metroplex...it's one of the reasons I've been developing a student organization at our school, focused on animation and related media (concept art, computer art and animation, etc., etc.).

We needed a forum with the opportunity to network with our peers and a chance to meet and speak with professionals in industries that utilize animation and related creative media.

My question is...Are you only seeking professionals for your DFW area artist group? Or would students be welcome as well?

thanks,

t

Thanks
    Of course students are welcome! I think the only realistic criteria should be dedication to the art. . .
    ;-)
    Glenn

skankerzero Guest
    you know you can count me in delo.

Thanks

i'll be there...

just going back to school full-time HAS to show real dedication to the arts...

coolio! I'll be registering on the list today...and hope to hear about a meeting with other DFW artists soon!

t

Thanks
    Very cool idea!... I'm already signed in