Art

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Art

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Art

what do you think

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I think that the colour scheme looks more thought through that many of your other paintings that I have seen. The biggest problem is that the hand looks like it's facing the wrong way. The thumb should be on the other side. As in many of your peices there are parts that I find appealing while other parts throws me off. In this one I like the colours. the composition, the way you painted her hair and the expression of the girl. But the rendering of the face looks sloppy. I get the distinct impression that you don't plan your paintings very much. You throw some paint on the canvas and hope for the best. That is fine I suppose but if you really want to improve it's not going to cut it.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I think you are unwilling to improve and it puzzles me why you still come and want critique on your pieces when you don't listen to the advices given.

This painting has the same issues as all the others, starting with the ones you posted over 5 months ago, which are weak underlying structure, sloppy rendering, pictographic facial features and so on. But i am sure this was all done intentional since this is a neo expressionistic piece, right?

Anything unrelated to elephants is irrelephant.

Sketchbook

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Tiggeraz For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    thanks

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    also...the hand is correct

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ...also. Ive been doing this for a while and I am gonna get only but so much more technical. This is my style and either you critique me based on the confines of my style or you don't critique me. I am not a beginner so you are not gonna see a drastic improvement. You could tell me to draw but i do. I am as good as i am gonna get. Besides technical ability doesnt necessarily make you a better artist.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by dotcov666 View Post
    ...also. Ive been doing this for a while and I am gonna get only but so much more technical. This is my style and either you critique me based on the confines of my style or you don't critique me. I am not a beginner so you are not gonna see a drastic improvement. You could tell me to draw but i do. I am as good as i am gonna get. Besides technical ability doesnt necessarily make you a better artist.
    Please allow me to answer with this post-expressionistic drawing.

Name:  le-laughing-face.jpg
Views: 190
Size:  28.2 KB

Sketchbook

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Tiggeraz For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,331 Times in 1,436 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Come on guys, he'll never improve because all he wants is to show off these pictures and feed off your attention. He's been doing the same thing for ages. Stop paying attention to trolls.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by arenhaus View Post
    Come on guys, he'll never improve because all he wants is to show off these pictures and feed off your attention. He's been doing the same thing for ages. Stop paying attention to trolls.
    Unless you hang out warning signs i'm afraid there is nothing to stop people from paying attention. These threads are like car accidents, you know it's terrible and sad but you can't just walk by.

Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I thought that it was worth a shot. People change and mature given time....and sometimes they don't.

dotcov
    If you are not interested in a qritique and really feel that you are as good as you are going to get, the WIP and critique section is not the right place to post. You are waisting peoples time and energy.

The fine art section is probably a better place for you paintings.
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/for...php/7-FINE-ART

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i want a critique but what you guys are giving me is not that. Maybe you guys should ignore me if you can't critique,

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    You should stick closer to the reference.

Art

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to darnis For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Oh! that is why the hand looked like it was backwards. In the painting it looks like it belongs to the other arm. It was impossible to see that there was another hand underneath.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    dotcov, i'll ask this in the nicest manner i can think of:
    when you set off to start this painting, did you do it with the intent to paint a cute girl, like the one in the reference? or did you do it with the intent to depict a ghoulish, hideous monster? if it's the second one, congratulations, your style really works for you. if it's the first one, you're doing it wrong, and the ages-old excuse of "it's just my STYLE you guys" isn't really going to cut it. and don't get me started with "this is as good as i'm going to get", because that's nonsense. even if you were in your deathbed after having painted like this for 70 years, there would still be plenty of room for improvement if you took a couple of days to really focus on the areas you need the most practice at.
    you asked for a critique, so here's one: your painting is an awful render of your reference, particularly the face. this is because you don't work on your fundamentals. if you did, your paintings would progressively get less awful. thanks!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by dotcov666 View Post
    It's not a style if it can't be read as a style. A style means your purposely draw a certain way because you like how it looks, it suits the content or for whatever reason, you on the other hand seem to be drawing in this style because you don't know how to do better or different, that's not a style, that is lack of skill and knowledge. You are as good as you are going to get because you refuse to get better, refuse to accept that you don't know what you're actually doing. Technical ability has its limit but it also has its advantages, the better you are technically the better you can get your concept or idea across. Obviously you are unable to get your idea across hence why someone thought the hands were incorrect.

Members who have read this thread: 43