Results 1 to 13 of 122
August 24th, 2014 #1
CHOW #360 :: The Gunsmith Merchant
Character of the Week #360
The Gunsmith Merchant
Deadline - Sunday, September 7th 10PM GMT
Long ago the world fell apart from a catastrophe which nearly annihilated humanity. The world is now recovering but the damage is very severe. In this broken world, there are no more laws other than common morality among the survivors. Some live in peace, some live to cause chaos and some just want to make money. There is a gun smith who carries almost any kind of gun you would need, even make shift ones. If you want to protect your self, then he is the guy you would visit.
This week you are to design the gun smith merchant. This is a post-apocalyptic world, so you will need to design him accordingly. However, it is not specified how the world ended, so that is up to you.
- Must be Human (if you do mutations, don't do anything that would make him/her unidentifiable as human.)
- Can be male or female.
- Must have injuries from the disaster, old or new.
- The genre is Post-Apocalyptic.
- Background's Permitted, but don't forget what the focus is!
- Finals must be posted in the finals thread before the deadline
- Final post must include the CHoW # and the artists username at the bottom of the image within, at least, a footer bar(TYPED, NOT WRITTEN)
- At least 3/4 of the character must be visible (minimum from the knees up). No back views are allowed without a front please.
- Only ONE character please, no multiple submissions.
- Sketches or rushed artwork will not be accepted into the poll
- No photograph paint overs, must be 100% original work.
- At least two wips posted with your final in the finals thread.
- NO ENVIRONMENT BACKGROUNDS! You may use simple shapes,gradients or silhouettes. (UNLESS STATED OTHERWISE WITHIN THE WEEKLY BRIEF.)
- Please read through the thread for any posts made by the mod. They likely answered a question that was asked about the challenge!
- Have fun!
Last edited by Havok Reed; August 24th, 2014 at 04:21 PM.
Hide this ad by registering as a memberAugust 25th, 2014 #2
Here's a quickie.
Coool Brain's Blog
August 25th, 2014 #3
Here's my initial idea for the merchant! still very rough, undecided with the helmet as well and if I have to add a vehicle or some sort for weapon storage as this is a merchant after all aaand am still not sure if I'll go with this. I'm thinking of having my merchant as a kid/child or as an elderly if I won't go with this. I might post more ideas before I get a pick.
The Following User Says Thank You to fllamjr For This Useful Post:
August 25th, 2014 #4
boom boom nana!
Last edited by PxelSlayer; August 25th, 2014 at 03:33 PM.
August 25th, 2014 #5
August 25th, 2014 #6
August 25th, 2014 #7
did some quick sketches for this one! the thought was a handy man plundered a museum for protection and ended up with some samurai gear and stuck with it and kept modifying it.
August 25th, 2014 #8
first idea, need to put some more original weapons on him and make him more post-apocalyptic...
cool stuff here.
Coool brain: interesting silhouette. Looking forward to the fleshed out version
fllamjr: cool sketch, maybe a bit generic with the gasmask. but it also sells the post apocalyptic idea well.
PxelSlayer. Awesome idea, nobody suspects the 80 year old lady to be selling the goods. nice approach. looking forward to the final
CrookedHorn: can´t really tell much yet, looks like some mech legs? interesting shapes for sure.
Emilche: nice approach trying to figure out a design by setting up the story first. apocalyptic samourai handy- man does sound nice.
The Following User Says Thank You to stinkypanda For This Useful Post:
August 25th, 2014 #9
Hi everyone, worked on some really rough thumbnails I had floating around. Let me know what you think.
August 25th, 2014 #10
August 25th, 2014 #11
August 26th, 2014 #12Registered User
- Join Date
- Apr 2014
- Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
That second idea with the hunched figure and robotic hands, helmet... Jeesus, that made me shiver deep inside, very well direction with that.
August 26th, 2014 #13Registered User
- Join Date
- May 2013
- Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts