View Poll Results: Fairy Racer
- 53. You may not vote on this poll
August 22nd, 2014 #1
CHOW #359 :: The Fairy Racers :: FINALS
Character of the Week #359
The Fairy Racers
Deadline - Sunday, August 24th 10PM GMT
In the world of the fairies, the Grand Herald Fairy Tournament is heald each year, to test the skills of its participants. The most popular and rewarding of all the events are the races! Speed, among the fairies, represents high status. To win, a participant must carry a small, red baton which grants passage through each checkpoint, and reach the finish line in the fastest time. If a fairy is the FASTEST in the tournament, they not only get the respect, but they earn a special token which can be used for anything the fairy desires, but with limitations. If they wanted to become king or queen of the fairies, they could, but only for one year or if they wanted to become a human, they could, but only for one year. Evil does not exist among them, but desires do. So there are many who train in order to gain their one desire.
Design a Fairy Racer! You can show them as the winner of the race, in the middle of a race, before a race begins or how they train, etc... Think about speed! Also note, they fly with wings, so NO vehicles.
- Must be a fairy
- Can be male or female
- Must be carrying a RED baton
- Must be wearing their racing gear
- Background's Permitted, but don't forget what the focus is!
- Finals must be posted in the finals thread before the deadline
- Final post must include the CHoW # and the artists username at the bottom of the image within, at least, a footer bar(TYPED, NOT WRITTEN)
- At least 3/4 of the character must be visible (minimum from the knees up). No back views are allowed without a front please.
- Only ONE character please, no multiple submissions.
- Sketches or rushed artwork will not be accepted into the poll
- No photograph paint overs, must be 100% original work.
- At least two wips posted with your final in the finals thread.
- NO ENVIRONMENT BACKGROUNDS! You may use simple shapes,gradients or silhouettes. (UNLESS STATED OTHERWISE WITHIN THE WEEKLY BRIEF.)
- Please read through the thread for any posts made by the mod. They likely answered a question that was asked about the challenge!
- Have fun!
Hide this ad by registering as a memberAugust 22nd, 2014 #2
The Following User Says Thank You to fllamjr For This Useful Post:
August 22nd, 2014 #3
Baranha Fairy Racer Chow 359
August 23rd, 2014 #4New User ( Report if Spamming)
- Join Date
- Aug 2014
- New Jersey, USA
- Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hello all! first post here on the forums and my first Chow upload! looking forward to seeing all the awesome artwork and hearing feedback!
August 23rd, 2014 #5
August 23rd, 2014 #6
pavelmorr / CHoW#359 / Fairy Racer
Last edited by pavelmorr; August 23rd, 2014 at 04:42 PM.P. Morr
- my artworks: http://pavelmorr.deviantart.com/gallery/ -
August 23rd, 2014 #7
SteveZissou CHoW#359 Fairy Racer
I wanted to do a little more with this one, maybe shake up the design a little, add in some different highlights/light-sources, but I'm happy with what it is now.
I just got a brief for a summer, pre-term project for college, so I've been inundated with work the last few days, lol, and will be for the next few, so I can't work on it from now until the deadline. But what can I say? Needs must and all that. It's as finished as it needs to be, anything else would be experimental.
Some great work this week from everyone else. Nice to have something non-violent to paint, eh?
Please look at my Sketchbook
August 23rd, 2014 #8
August 24th, 2014 #9Registered User
- Join Date
- Jun 2014
- Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
August 24th, 2014 #10
August 24th, 2014 #11
August 24th, 2014 #12
August 24th, 2014 #13