C & C Please

View testimonialsView Artwork

Thread: C & C Please

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

C & C Please

Hey guys,
    This is a piece for a personal project. Having brought it so far, and before I finished it, I was wondering if I could get some comments on it. What I could fix to make it better. Any and all advice will be helpful. Thanks.

Name:  P_024.jpg
Views: 311
Size:  237.7 KB

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Neat piece. I don't see anything obviously wrong with it but maybe you can add some security guards to give the piece more life. I would put some on the bridge as well. As for the drone I'd move him to the side of the entrance a bit next to a guard and give it some effects like some smoke or blinking lights. To me, the way the drone is placed looks awkward being right in the centre. Hope this helps.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to crankshaft For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey crankshaft,
    Thanks a ton for the comment . I'll make sure I fix all those things before I wrap it up. Thats super cool advice.

Jha

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey there, nice work! The rendering and atmosphere look good, though it could use to be spiced up a bit. I can see it's not supposed to be an action scene or anything, but a little more snazz and bits of visual interest would help to draw the viewer in. But my main concern is that there's no real focal point. I know the droid is supposed to be, thanks to those handy yellow arrows and the spotlight, but the white droid is set in front of a white wall and almost disappears. My brain focuses on those big red panels instead.

So yeah, spice it up a bit and emphasize the focal point, and this piece should wrap up nicely

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Dahlia For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ha ha! Thanks so much for the spice it up. I had fixed a lot of things. But the spice it up really made me rethink everything. The spice is on its way. Hope i get it right though. Thanks for the comment, really. Thank you. It is extremely helpful. Will post something before I finish. please do feel free to comment if you have time.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey guys, I fixed some things, tried to make it spicier and also tried to fix the comp as much as I could get away with, but i guess i failed miserably. but do comment, it might be helpful. thanks in advance. Your comments have been really helpful. Like really thanks a ton!

Name:  GateEnvironment001l.jpg
Views: 52
Size:  435.4 KB

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nice improvement! This time there is definitely more emphasis on the drone. However, using the rule of thirds I would move the drone a bit to the right so that more of the middle of it touches the lines. Also, I would change the crop so that the drone sits roughly in the middle, close to the red line. Right now it looks too low, which isn't good for a focal. I like the idea of an electric fence overhead but it's too bright and distracting from the drone. Maybe crop out some of it instead? Hope this helps.

Name:  paintover.jpg
Views: 37
Size:  673.6 KB

Members who have read this thread: 50