Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    I've put up a couple drawings of my cats that I managed to do before they moved away or started walking on my paper

Any comments on them would be more than welcome.

http://chowny123.tumblr.com/post/108...to-pose-for-me

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    They look good! I'd really focus on building structure lines on your cats to show some more weight and the structure lines also show your understanding of the cat which I'm pretty sure is one of the criteria they're marking the life drawings on.

Also, can I get some critiques on these life drawings? Are they proportionate, gestural, etc.? I think they are but then again, I can't see from everyone's perspective

2015 - Sheridan College Animation Hopefuls2015 - Sheridan College Animation Hopefuls2015 - Sheridan College Animation Hopefuls

and new hand drawings

2015 - Sheridan College Animation Hopefuls2015 - Sheridan College Animation Hopefuls
    Attached Images Attached Images          
    Visit my website! sosaucy.deviantart.com

Thanks
    Hey SoSaucy, thanks for the feedback. I'm trying to get my head around the amount of structure that they want without obscuring the actual line work so i will keep trying

I love your life drawings, they're looking great. Only problem is with the first one the leg in the background looks like it may be a bit out of proportion, the thigh part is a bit short maybe? Other than that you've really got the sense of weight and depth in the ribcage and torso so keep it up!

Hand drawings are looking really nice as well, I would recommend using a more gestural line when you're going over the structure in black. At the moment it looks like a kinda scratchy line (might be the image quality), and the ones I've seen that have been accepted seem to look a bit more flowing and free (if that means anything ) It's something I've also been trying to get in my hand drawings.

Thanks
    Are these gestural, proportionate, structural, etc. I cant seem to get any feedback anywhere else, sorry for posting so much Dx Who knew making a portfolio would be so hard, especially when you have been told "you're talented!' all your life. I have come to believe that talent is another word for "much work and practice" in my case. This really makes me feel amateur xD
    2015 - Sheridan College Animation Hopefuls2015 - Sheridan College Animation Hopefuls2015 - Sheridan College Animation Hopefuls

Thanks
    Hello!!! I'm new to concept art but I've read almost every animation school thread. I'd love some advice on pieces for the Sheridan portfolio!2015 - Sheridan College Animation Hopefuls2015 - Sheridan College Animation Hopefuls
    2015 - Sheridan College Animation Hopefuls2015 - Sheridan College Animation Hopefuls2015 - Sheridan College Animation Hopefuls2015 - Sheridan College Animation Hopefuls2015 - Sheridan College Animation Hopefuls2015 - Sheridan College Animation Hopefuls2015 - Sheridan College Animation Hopefuls

Thanks
    With life drawing starting back up for me I've been getting lots of practice in. This is one of my better ones I believe, but would still like some feedback. Thanks

@sosaucy I like your life drawings, and I think your longer poses are great. If I had to say one thing to improve on, it would probably be your line quality. In some cases, the gesture line seems pretty rough. I think the reason for this is you're using the conte on it's tip, and not on the side. It might just be a personal preference, but in my life drawing class we were taught to do our basic masses/gesture line/etc with the side on the conte to create soft, smokey lines...They become subtle this way. Another thing related to line quality is 'line economy'...which is just a fancy way of saying make sure the lines you use count. Look at your lines, and see if they each have a purpose. If they seem to be random, or going off on their own, you should probably get rid of them. I like your last, lying down pose the best. I think you did really well with the contours of the pelvis area.

2015 - Sheridan College Animation Hopefuls

Thanks
    Welcome lponce08!

I really like your linework in the life drawings: very dynamic and interesting which is one of the criteria they mark on so that is good! I would now focus on making your drawings a little more proportionate and accurate. This goes for the animal drawings as well which could do with some more weight and proportion. The room drawing looks great as well as the hands so keep it up and keep drawing

Thanks
    About the household objects section, someone told me that in the second drawing, they do not want the objects in the same position and covered with stuff. They want to see you destroy the objects. Is that true because I did not do that...
    2015 - Sheridan College Animation Hopefuls2015 - Sheridan College Animation Hopefuls

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SoSaucy View Post
    About the household objects section, someone told me that in the second drawing, they do not want the objects in the same position and covered with stuff. They want to see you destroy the objects. Is that true because I did not do that...
    Hey again SoSaucy,

As far as I know you can do whatever you want to the objects, as long as it there is a 'change over time' I think there is a mark for "story" on that section so I guess try and make it as inventive and interesting as possible (although I've seen a lot get good marks that have been really simple so I might be wrong there).

On another note, I've put up some more life drawings on my Tumblr if anyone feels like giving them a look. Deadline's getting close guys! (for international at least D

http://chowny123.tumblr.com/post/109...ife-drawings-d

- - - Updated - - -

Hey again SoSaucy,

As far as I know you can do whatever you want to the objects, as long as it there is a 'change over time' I think there is a mark for "story" on that section so I guess try and make it as inventive and interesting as possible (although I've seen a lot get good marks that have been really simple so I might be wrong there).

On another note, I've put up some more life drawings on my Tumblr if anyone feels like giving them a look. Deadline's getting close guys! (for international at least D

http://chowny123.tumblr.com/post/109139350484/more-and-more-life-drawings-d

Thanks
    Unfortunately I can't view these images so I can't really comment specifically on them. But regarding your concern you can technically have the objects in the same position with just a passage of time but these tend not to score very high, as it's quite boring and is essentially the same drawing twice with some modifications.

You're going to want to definitely move them around to create a more dynamic composition. I've heard that a favourite of the Sheridan profs is having creatures of some sort come in and interact with the objects in various ways; something like mice, gremlins etc. If you still want to do a passage of time, take it too the extreme so the objects are being moved around or destroyed, whatever you'd like as long as it's dynamic
    Last edited by piedram; January 25th, 2015 at 09:41 PM.

Thanks
    Hey guys I have mailed my portfolio to sheridan today. SO EXCITED!!!!

Thanks
    Well done PradyumanRathod! I've still got some way to go before I'm gonna send mine

Anyway, here's a character I've been working on recently, would love some feedback

http://chowny123.tumblr.com/post/109...-with-recently

Thanks
    @chowny Character is unique but according to me u should try to make different face structures.Because this one has more of a human feeling coming from it changing the facial features might help in emphasizing the whole character.

Thanks
    As a character there isn't really much problems, but in terms of being something submit able, the drawings shown seem too 2 dimensional, one part of note the horns not coiling into the tip but instead looking kind of like a rod glued onto the side of another rod, I'd suggest looking into more Rams to study from and draw to get the head shape and leg shape properly down

Thanks
    @chownyp The character is good, I would just really focus on that rotation and making the line quality a little better. Remember, thick lines in bony areas, areas where the light doesn't react, and in areas of pressure. Keep smooth fabric and soft things with very thin lines. I think it just needs minor touch ups with the horn (Reference horns!!) because they look like they are glued to the head and the legs look like wooden pegs so I would somehow make them look more like a stylized goat leg. 2015 - Sheridan College Animation HopefulsThe karate belt around the waist looks half assed so really look into that clothing.
    Interesting character otherwise, it's very original and just needs minor improvements.
    Last edited by SoSaucy; February 1st, 2015 at 03:29 PM.

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast