Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SoSaucy View Post
    Just a question about the room line drawing section, does it have to be of a room in our house or could it be any room of a house?
    Any room will do, as long as you can physically be there and draw the room; so no pictures of a room.

As for your hand drawings these are great very strong. My suggestion would be to make it clear that you're picking up the mug because now it just looks like you're about the pick it up; creates a stronger action. I wouldn't think they would dock you marks for cutting off the mug, but I would fit the entire mug in just to be safe, sheridan instructors sometimes dock you for asinine reasons.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Hey guys! This is some of the art that I'm thinking about putting into my portfolio. I'd love some critiques

Life Drawing:

2015 - Sheridan College Animation Hopefuls

I'm worried that these don't have a good enough structure underneath? These were my favourites that I've done recently though.

Animal Drawing:

I like the second one, but I'm thinking of redoing the first one. Also, should I go over it with pencil?

Hand Drawing:

I think the second one looks a bit awkward, but I dunno.

Character:

This is just the rotation, but I think it turned out pretty good!! I fixed the fourth one a bit because it was a little messy.

I've done the storyboard and the object drawings, but I still have to scan them. Once again, any constructive criticism is greatly appreciated!
    Attached Images Attached Images                  

Thanks
    @HedgehogPoop: It's always good to see structure, but in your case you have way too much and it's far too dark, which makes it very distracting. If you are heavy handed, try using a blue pencil as blue doesn't come forward/pop out as much as red. Your pencil lines are lost in the busy structure, as a result it's hard to make out the action of the hand. Although it's important, the structure shouldn't overshadow the linework! Otherwise good job :>

@SoSaucy: Don't cut off the cup, more than likely they will interpret that as you not planning ahead to make sure everything fits on the page. It's better to just zoom out a little and show the whole mug!

Thanks
    Life drawing classes started up again so I did some more drawings today and some animal drawings. The model was so skinny so it was definitely something new for me!! Critiques?

Sorry, I feel bad for asking for so many critiques Dx

I will try my best to critique too but don't expect any pro advice lol

2015 - Sheridan College Animation Hopefuls2015 - Sheridan College Animation Hopefuls2015 - Sheridan College Animation Hopefuls2015 - Sheridan College Animation Hopefuls2015 - Sheridan College Animation Hopefuls2015 - Sheridan College Animation Hopefuls2015 - Sheridan College Animation Hopefuls2015 - Sheridan College Animation Hopefuls2015 - Sheridan College Animation Hopefuls2015 - Sheridan College Animation Hopefuls2015 - Sheridan College Animation Hopefuls2015 - Sheridan College Animation Hopefuls2015 - Sheridan College Animation Hopefuls
    Visit my website! sosaucy.deviantart.com

Thanks
    The hand drawings could use more structure because mine looked very similar before but I was told to deconstruct them so use shapes to construct it's form. It shows that you have a very understanding of how the hand works.
    I really like you character rotations, you can definitely tell that she is snooty and sassy and the pose is really interesting and dynamic too. I would just watch out with her feet because the rotations of her feet seem to be very similar. Really amazing regardless!!
    Visit my website! sosaucy.deviantart.com

Thanks
    Alright, thanks for the help!

Thanks
    Hey So Saucy!

These are great! out of the life drawings I would say my favourite is the one where she is pushing her chest out as you get more of a feeling of weight and depth. With some of the others perhaps that sense of depth isn't quite there so I would suggest using more of the gestural strokes that you used on that great one

The animal drawings are awesome, can't really find fault with them. Need to go improve mine now!

Thanks
    Good to see everyone getting involved on here.

Just been to a life drawing class so here's what I've got, would love any criticism anyone has.

http://chowny123.tumblr.com/post/107.../life-drawings

Thanks
    @ SoSaucy The biggest issues I'm seeing are proportions, most of these drawing have elongated torsos. My suggestion is if you keep having this issue I would constantly measure while you draw, compare one area of the body to another via the model; looking at negative shapes in another good way to making sure things are in proportion and don't be afraid to change something mid way through a pose.
    Also, always make sure to keep an eye on visual indicators of the skeleton on the model. Your animal drawings are coming along nicely, be sure to study some animal anatomy if you get a chance.

@Chownyp With these drawing I don't see any glaring proportion issues but there is a definite lack of anatomical landmarks it's good that you've identified the patella but don't stop there. I'm 99% sure that you would have been able to see the clavicle on this model, and on most models you may also see the greater trochanter or the tibia on the leg and so on; adding these go a long way to strengthening a drawing an improving your anatomical vocabulary. Try to avoid the outlining you seem to be doing as this usually kills a drawing making it very flat, instead pick and choose a few areas to do this based on where weight is held, overlapping forms and visual landmarks; and don't be afraid to have a messy drawing it doesn't have to look clean.

If you don't really grasp the concept of anatomical landmarks Proko has an excellent video that explains it much better than I could.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qwt_wggUFHg

I hope my criticism has helped in any way; will follow shortly with a few scans of my more completed pieces.

Thanks
    Hi everyone, this time I'm bring more drawings and questions here...I'm working on object drawings now but a little bit confused what the school is looking for...
    2015 - Sheridan College Animation HopefulsI didn't start the second drawing. For this one, are these good object choices? Does the composition look good? Is there anything wrong with perspectives? Is there anything important that I didn't pay attention to?

For the figure drawings, do they prefer quick poses (less than 10 min)? Here are some I may include in my portfolio.
    2015 - Sheridan College Animation Hopefuls2015 - Sheridan College Animation Hopefuls2015 - Sheridan College Animation Hopefuls2015 - Sheridan College Animation Hopefuls2015 - Sheridan College Animation Hopefuls2015 - Sheridan College Animation Hopefuls2015 - Sheridan College Animation Hopefuls2015 - Sheridan College Animation Hopefuls
    storyboard:
    some character design:
    2015 - Sheridan College Animation Hopefulsthis one is done on computer. I will draw them later on paper.
    2015 - Sheridan College Animation Hopefuls2015 - Sheridan College Animation Hopefuls
    hands:
    I would like to get some critiques!

Thanks
    @LiqianXu here's the object drawing info from sheridan's portfolio instructions:

Create two composition sheets of household objects (e.g. fruit, abox, a tin can, a plastic funnel) based on these geometric forms: sphere, cube, cylinder, and
    cone. Do not use a ruler, compass or stencil.
     One freehand line drawing showing an accurate observation of these objects
     One freehand line drawing based on the first composition drawing (from the same
    point of view). Using your imagination, show how the objects would look if they
    were affected by some external force. This should tell us a story of what happened
    to the objects (e.g. a heavy wind, an earthquake, a snowfall etc.)
    In terms of the quality they look for I suggest looking at past examples of accepted portfolios. But to my knowledge they like interesting compositions, strong structure, objects kept in perspective, strong line work and a creative story.

As for the rest of your drawings, I have no complaints from I've of seen of your character stuff; looks good. Your storyboards are very good with a variety of shots, things kept in perspective and earl looking like earl; nice work. No complaints regarding hand they look great.

Your life drawing could use some work on the lines, they all seem to have the same tone which makes them flat. Play with darkening specific lines based on weight, overlapping forms and landmarks to bring out depth into the drawing and make it feel more organic.
    Last edited by piedram; January 12th, 2015 at 03:35 PM.

Thanks
    Here's some of my completed pieces, critique would definitely be appreciated!
    http://piedram.tumblr.com/post/10787...ming-portfolio

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by piedram View Post
    Here's some of my completed pieces, critique would definitely be appreciated!
    http://piedram.tumblr.com/post/10787...ming-portfolio
    These are really great Piedram,

On the rotation poses for the character I think the legs might be a bit off in two of them (it branches strangely at the knee joint). I might be wrong but give it a look.

Otherwise they're really good, the emotions sheet is particularly good. I would stick with this character as you obviously know how to draw her really well. The hands are great as well!

Thanks
    http://chowny123.tumblr.com/post/107895073269

Just put up some hand drawings here, haven't focused as much on this part so any help would be cool

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by chownyp View Post
    These are really great Piedram,

On the rotation poses for the character I think the legs might be a bit off in two of them (it branches strangely at the knee joint). I might be wrong but give it a look.

Otherwise they're really good, the emotions sheet is particularly good. I would stick with this character as you obviously know how to draw her really well. The hands are great as well!
    Thank you! I don't know how I missed that.

Regarding your hand drawings it's great that you've established the plane changes on the hand but I don't know what the action is supposed to be. (unless these are just studies then just ignore that last bit). Just keep on drawing hands and don't be afraid to let loose and really analyze those forms.

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast