Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Can you please upload your drawings so that i can see where you stand.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Okay! I'll scan a few things and post them in a few minutes

Thanks
    Hi guys, I'm completely new here as well. I'm from Taiwan & New Zealand but currently at Central Saint Martins in London and looking to apply to the course as well! It's nice to find a group of people also applying

Thanks
    We can start with the life drawing section, humans and animals. I chose 3 human figures that I thought were good and I have a bunch of animal sketches. Let me know what you think, I need some fresh eyes to look at my work. (Most of this work is unfinished, these are not finished products)
    Humans

These are the original drawings.
    2015 - Sheridan College Animation Hopefuls2015 - Sheridan College Animation Hopefuls2015 - Sheridan College Animation Hopefuls

These are the refined drawings.
    2015 - Sheridan College Animation Hopefuls2015 - Sheridan College Animation Hopefuls2015 - Sheridan College Animation Hopefuls

These are the refined drawings in orange pencil.
    2015 - Sheridan College Animation Hopefuls2015 - Sheridan College Animation Hopefuls

Animals

These are gesture drawings of my pets in action
    2015 - Sheridan College Animation Hopefuls2015 - Sheridan College Animation Hopefuls2015 - Sheridan College Animation Hopefuls2015 - Sheridan College Animation Hopefuls2015 - Sheridan College Animation Hopefuls2015 - Sheridan College Animation Hopefuls2015 - Sheridan College Animation Hopefuls2015 - Sheridan College Animation Hopefuls

Another animal
    2015 - Sheridan College Animation Hopefuls

Hand Drawings

2015 - Sheridan College Animation Hopefuls2015 - Sheridan College Animation Hopefuls2015 - Sheridan College Animation Hopefuls2015 - Sheridan College Animation Hopefuls

Room line drawings and Objects

The second drawing is unfinished because I can't seem to get the perspective right... I haven't attempted the object drawings yet either.
    2015 - Sheridan College Animation Hopefuls2015 - Sheridan College Animation Hopefuls

Character Design
    2015 - Sheridan College Animation Hopefuls2015 - Sheridan College Animation Hopefuls2015 - Sheridan College Animation Hopefuls2015 - Sheridan College Animation Hopefuls2015 - Sheridan College Animation Hopefuls

Storyboards
    I have not started this section Dx So difficult!!
    Attached Images Attached Images                                                                

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PradyumanRathod1 View Post
    Hi guys,
    I am from India and a high school student applying for animation program for fall term.
    REALLY EXCITED to meet new artists like me.
    I have completed my portfolio and applied to program around a week ago.
    I am feeling really awkward coz one of my friend is applying for this program and we get into small debates about whos the best and such sort of things but I am really happy that he is as keen in art as he i am.
    I will be uploading some stuff lately like my personal artwork that i will include in portfolio.
    I had one concern that i haven't received those characters and storyboard panel as they told.
    Help and thanks for creating such forum.
    omg i really wanna see your portfolio! It's great that a lot of people are applying from overseas

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PradyumanRathod1 View Post
    Hi guys,
    I am from India and a high school student applying for animation program for fall term.
    REALLY EXCITED to meet new artists like me.
    I have completed my portfolio and applied to program around a week ago.
    I am feeling really awkward coz one of my friend is applying for this program and we get into small debates about whos the best and such sort of things but I am really happy that he is as keen in art as he i am.
    I will be uploading some stuff lately like my personal artwork that i will include in portfolio.
    I had one concern that i haven't received those characters and storyboard panel as they told.
    Help and thanks for creating such forum.
    omg i really wanna see your portfolio! It's great that a lot of people are applying from overseas

Thanks

This is my character, i want you to provide some reviews on it.
    @SoSaucy. Your figure/gesture drawings are quite good especially your line quality and confidence.I personally like them but you lack in proportions.

Thanks
    Glad to see some life has been brought back into this thread!

@SoSaucy

I'll go by the order you posted.

FIGURE DRAWINGS

Very solid life drawings though they could use some work, start by identifying anatomical landmarks such as the ribcage, spine, shoulder blades etc it goes a long way to show your understanding of the human figure and really brings structure into the drawing. Look at some master drawings for excellent ways to show those landmarks.

The longer pose has a torso that's too long and if you're doing a post at that length you really need to nail those proportions so you should be measuring constantly throughout the drawing as to avoid that problem. The other issue is that aside from a bit more shading it seems identical to the 4 minute one which seems to indicate you may be slowing down too much and getting caught up in the drawing because you have more time, you should be going at the same pace as the 4 minute drawing, also I'd ignore shading at this stage as it's not that beneficial.

ANIMAL DRAWINGS

Very loose and gestural this is good just do more of these, the strongest one to me is of the dog leaping forward, I would try developing this further and see how it goes. Don't do shading like you've done in that rhino drawing, sheridan instructors would rather you show off understanding of structure and anatomy rather than shading.

HAND DRAWINGS

Solid start but you just need to study the hand more to create a strong drawing, they currently have a lack of structure. Keep trying out different actions and don't be afraid to try something bold or pushing a current action, as it stand they are a bit too limited. For example of the squeezing or an (orange?) doesn't have the hand move aside form a few fingers leaving both drawings too similar; think of how you can push that action into something a little more interesting.

ROOM DRAWINGS

Looks good so far only things is it looks like a ruler might have been used? Could just be my shitty eyes.

CHARACTER DRAWINGS

I'm liking this character very simple but it works, just keep developing it and you're on your way to having a strong design. My only issue would be to add much more understructure lines; really make it obvious you understand how your character works and the structure of the design.

Overall looking good just keep working at it!

Thanks
    Thank you I only started my portfolio late December so I really isn't much to look at for sure. I appreciate your advice because things were beginning to become a bit foggy. I guess I didn't realize how poor I was at drawing in certain areas until now.

Thanks

Asking for critiques on this hand drawing. More of my drawings will be going up shortly, as some are too large for me to photocopy.
    This is the 'before' hand drawing. The after, I will be drawing the hand butting the cigarette out. I believe this action will give me good variation in hand form/appearance. I am mainly concerned about structure, and overlapping lines to create forms.

As a side question, I'm also toying with the idea of shortening the cigarette and adding some smoke lines to clearly show that the cigarette is being smoked... But it may be too much..Let me know what you all think!

Thanks in advance

Thanks

Looking for some critiques! Sorry if this is a double post...

Thanks

Asking for critiques on this hand drawing. More of my drawings will be going up shortly, as some are too large for me to photocopy.
    This is the 'before' hand drawing. The after, I will be drawing the hand butting the cigarette out. I believe this action will give me good variation in hand form/appearance. I am mainly concerned about structure, and overlapping lines to create forms.

As a side question, I'm also toying with the idea of shortening the cigarette and adding some smoke lines to clearly show that the cigarette is being smoked... But it may be too much..Let me know what you all think!

Thanks in advance

Thanks
    Somebody give me some opinion on my character please.

Thanks
    @PradyumanRathod1

First of all I`d like to say that I can clearly see the effort and think you have a unique style and character! With that being said, there are some noticeable problems.

Your action pose, character rotation, and expression sheet have absolutely 0 under structure. I`d recommend looking at previous Sheridan animation portfolios that got accepted. Look at their characters, and in almost all of them you`ll notice the structure lines for a rib cage, pelvis, and the major joints. This leads into the next thing I`d recommend working on which is some anatomy. Spending more time on the structure of your character will lead to an increased understanding in anatomy. For some examples, it seems like your character is missing a neck, and a nose. Even at a full profile view, he only has a slight bump for a nose.

For the time being I would definitely focus on structure and anatomy, since those are two absolutely essential things needed to get into the program.
    Last edited by HedgehogPoop; January 9th, 2015 at 04:44 AM.

Thanks
    Just a question about the room line drawing section, does it have to be of a room in our house or could it be any room of a house?

Thanks
    Can someone critique my hand drawings? Is it okay that the cup is cut off or will they dock marks off for that? Thanks!

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast