Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast
Results 151 to 165 of 172
  1. #151
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    74
    Thanks
    15
    Thanked 11 Times in 9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrii View Post
    I don't think the 25 international students limit is true, at least not anymore. When I was applying last year I asked one of the admissions coordinators and he said that there is no limit, and being here I'm almost certain there at more than 25 internationals. I've heard a lot of conflicting information too but I wouldn't worry about it too much!
    Quote Originally Posted by HedgehogPoop View Post
    It's definitely 125 for Canadian students, and 25 for international. Source: current fundies student who has heard it straight from the higher ups.
    Hello Scrii and HedgehogPoop,

    This is a message directed to all international students applying: I was able to speak with a good friend of mine who is currently taking fundies at Sheridan the other day. He told me that he also spoke with one of the admission coordinators and was able to find out that there is indeed NO LIMIT on the amount of international students that can enter the program out of the 150 seats available. Really, all it comes down to is, if you score high enough, then you'll get in. However, I think it's worth mentioning that my friend was also told that the 25 international students myth basically comes from the fact that ON AVERAGE, usually around 25 international students will get in every year.

    Again, all this info is just from word of mouth, so there is no specific source.


  2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
  3. #152
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    32
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Hey Everyone,

    Portfolios are looking great! I've put mine up on my tumblr (had to split it up into 3 posts) to add to the fun.

    Would love some feedback if anyone's got the time. This page has been super helpful over the course of putting this together so would just like to thank anyone that gave me constructive criticism and pointed out any glaring errors that I somehow missed

    http://chowny123.tumblr.com/

  4. #153
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    6
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Congrats on finishing your portfolio guys!!
    I was wondering if it says "item outstanding" under animation portfolio (in the student portal/addtion requirements) for anyone else?
    I dropped mine off yesterday btw

  5. #154
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    21
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by chownyp View Post
    Hey Everyone,

    Portfolios are looking great! I've put mine up on my tumblr (had to split it up into 3 posts) to add to the fun.

    Would love some feedback if anyone's got the time. This page has been super helpful over the course of putting this together so would just like to thank anyone that gave me constructive criticism and pointed out any glaring errors that I somehow missed

    http://chowny123.tumblr.com/
    Your portfolio is fantastic!your animals are super, and i really like your room drawings!
    My portfolio http://elliemation.blogspot.com/p/sh...olio-2015.html

  6. #155
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    4
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Hey chownyp.
    I absolutely love your barbershop personal piece, its very nicely rendered!
    as for crit(since you asked), I'd say over all everything looks good. With the life drawings I'd highly suggest checking out micheal hampton's "figure drawing design and invention" it was a total game changer for me, as well as the "weatherly guide to animal drawing" for the animals (if you already haven't)

  7. #156
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    32
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sarahelizaball View Post
    Hey chownyp.
    I absolutely love your barbershop personal piece, its very nicely rendered!
    as for crit(since you asked), I'd say over all everything looks good. With the life drawings I'd highly suggest checking out micheal hampton's "figure drawing design and invention" it was a total game changer for me, as well as the "weatherly guide to animal drawing" for the animals (if you already haven't)
    Quote Originally Posted by EllieMorlin View Post
    Your portfolio is fantastic!your animals are super, and i really like your room drawings!
    Thanks for the kind words EllieMorlin, your life drawings are awesome and full of life.

    And thanks sarahelizaball, that barbershop piece took me forever (it's actually 200cm x 130cm so was a pretty massive undertaking) so it's good to hear you like it! I'll check out those books as well, they look great from what I've seen of them.
    Last edited by chownyp; March 7th, 2015 at 05:11 AM.

  8. #157
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    16
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Hey guys! I was just wondering if anyone knows around what time our scores get released? My guess is maybe in 2 weeks but if anyone has any official info that would be great!

  9. #158
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    6
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ppixie View Post
    Hey guys! I was just wondering if anyone knows around what time our scores get released? My guess is maybe in 2 weeks but if anyone has any official info that would be great!
    Hey! For the past 2 years its been about 1 month after the last portfolio review day when results are relesased. But the review days were pushed back a week this year, so im not sure!!

  10. #159
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Yokohama-shi
    Posts
    7
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I have seen many of your portfolios on tumble. Ive seen many great pieces.

    Conceptart.org is really slow and not so good with mobile devices. Would anyone be interested if I made a 2015 FB group? It world be nice to be able to support each other and get to know other hopefuls in one place. Let me know if any of you are interested.


    Also here's my animation portfolio I sent in January.

    http://kurostudios.tumblr.com/post/1...-2015-sheridan

  11. #160
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    21
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    A fb page sounds like an awesomevidea! Your portfolio is great!

  12. #161
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    32
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by VanessaFardoe View Post
    Would anyone be interested if I made a 2015 FB group? It world be nice to be able to support each other and get to know other hopefuls in one place. Let me know if any of you are interested.
    Sounds great! count me in. Btw I loved your portfolio, your character especially is great

  13. #162
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    16
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by youdorah View Post
    Hey! For the past 2 years its been about 1 month after the last portfolio review day when results are relesased. But the review days were pushed back a week this year, so im not sure!!
    aaahh thank you!! I was wondering about that, so maybe we'll find out sometime in april i guess??

  14. #163
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Yokohama-shi
    Posts
    7
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ppixie View Post
    aaahh thank you!! I was wondering about that, so maybe we'll find out sometime in april i guess??
    I think last year was the last week of March to the first week of April.

    As for the FB page, I'd be happy to make the page, it just requires me to have at least one member (besides myself) to start a group page. Anyone wanna friend me on FB?

  15. #164
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    unknown
    Posts
    9
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    A fb page sounds awesome! Count me in i can send you friend request.

  16. #165
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Yokohama-shi
    Posts
    7
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by PradyumanRathod1 View Post
    A fb page sounds awesome! Count me in i can send you friend request.
    Thanks! I was able to create the group. I just set it up quickly, it's nothing fancy haha.

    The link is here
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/SAH2015

    SAH2015- Sheridan Animation Hopefuls 2015!

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Ringling College of Art and Design 2015 Hopefuls
    By pechi897 in forum Education & Schools for Artists
    Replies: 349
    Last Post: May 22nd, 2015, 03:48 PM
  2. 2014 - Sheridan College (Animation, Illustration and Game Design) Hopefuls
    By kamikazel33t in forum Education & Schools for Artists
    Replies: 826
    Last Post: August 2nd, 2014, 01:26 PM
  3. 2013 - Sheridan College (Animation and Illustration) Hopefuls
    By Dunnstar in forum Education & Schools for Artists
    Replies: 1463
    Last Post: January 26th, 2014, 05:41 AM
  4. Sheridan College - (Animation Evaluation Question)
    By Jaxel in forum Education & Schools for Artists
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: January 22nd, 2014, 04:56 PM
  5. Animation Portfolio Workshop Info Sessions at Sheridan College
    By Gerard Sternik in forum Education & Schools for Artists
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: March 31st, 2009, 05:30 PM

Members who have read this thread: 2

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Developed Actively by the makers of the Best Amazon Podcast