Should I get this?

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Unhappy Should I get this?

I've been drawing traditionally for a long time now and I'm going through the sort of "learning curve" right now with digital art. I'm using a bamboo tablet and I'm considering the wacom because I feel I can produce more realistic pieces quicker and easier with it.(I hear it's closest to traditional drawing) I'm able to add a lot of detail to my traditional work and I feel I can't do that at all with the bamboo.

I'm looking to be a professional concept artist and I know I have the potential and drive to do it. I've been working with photoshop 6-10 hours a day. I need to improve and if this tablet can make it easier, I'm all for it.

So I'm wondering first of all the difference between the Wacom HD tablets and the Wacom HD Touch. The 22in seems a bit out of my range right now so I'm considering the 13inch. Is that too small?

Feel free to give me any advice, really. I've also got a few of my photoshop paintings posted up on my page if you feel like giving me some critiques or feedback. Like I said, I'm desperately trying to improve. Anything will help.

Thank you

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,554 Times in 3,739 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    You do know a Bamboo is also a Wacom? I know a few pros who prefer using the Bamboo. It's just a tool like any other and you may find different versions easier to work with.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I had the same problem with bamboo with not getting much into detailed drawings. Somehow it "disconnects" my hand and eye when you need to draw on the tablet and watch up to the screen. After getting 13HD everything changed for me, now I can draw tiny details without too much zooming in and out. But it depends from the person I guess. You should really try it before buy it if it is possible. I couldn't get a chance to try it in any shop because in my country there are no testing units, but I didn't regret after getting it.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    OP, if you think you may prefer a larger drawing area, look into used Wacom "Cintiqs" (the term you were missing in your post, Wacom makes many drawing tablets.) on Ebay. Once in a while really good deals come up and you can score a larger but older 21" or 22" from last or 2 gens ago. Save your searches so your e-mail is notified when a ne one becomes available. I would avoid the older 12UX, but the 13HD seems like a good buy, despite the small-ish screen.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks for the replies! I actually decided to move up from a bamboo to a intous medium sized. That way I save some money, and I can eventually save up for a cintiq 22HD

Members who have read this thread: 27