Thanks

All music lovers/makers, AHOY!

I'm a music producer hobbyist, and I'm basically making this thread to attract any others who either really love music and/or produce/sing themselves (part-time or otherwise) to just hang out and share music knowledge. Common interests aside from a love of art, and all that.

Me: I decided to jettison music for now to focus on my drawing, but I still do it a lot. How about y'all?

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,593 Times in 1,617 Posts
    I sometimes listen to music as I work, to help my concentration.

Thanks
    Hey @GTL Hideki, I listened to your soundcloud tunes a bit, and they're pleasant overall. I think that your mixes tend to lack a bit of clarity, and that's partly due to your arrangements. This is particularly visible on the orchestral track, where too many instruments tend to be layered in a uniform way at times (you really need to balance not only your volumes, but also space them laterally and into the depth using reverbs and filters of varying intensity). Anyway, keep it up!

I produce music as well from time to time, and I've been following classic scoring studies for a few years now. If you have a moment, please check out my tunes !

Thanks
    @Arenhaus Same here!

@NathanLovato Thanks for the input! Been producing for about 14 years, but I've almost never had access to a real studio. As for my mixes, I think that's partly as a result of the fact that I mix using headphones (Pioneer DJ ones), and I mostly dump ideas and remixes. I'll put a few new ones. Also, let me ask you, how do you combat music producer's block? At least it made me focus more on my love for comic drawing .

<I typed this post a while back, I'll post your music review in the next post>
    Last edited by GTL Hideki; August 11th, 2014 at 01:50 PM.

Thanks
    @NateLovato First let me say that my laptop enhances the sound and I can't shut it off (I even listen to music on a music player that supports ASIO4ALL!) Also, classic scoring studies? It shows in your music!

Electronic Portfolio: Nice mixing skills, lovely arrangements... though it seems the melody takes a little more prominence than the drums. i.e. Soundgoodize or compress the drums.

Game OST: One word on the overall album - seamless. Still, the tracks sound kinda... light? Like, they're not dense enough, esp on the low end... and low drum vol again (maybe it's the 'enhanced' sound of my laptop) e.g in Mysterious Depths, the overheads could be louder.

The intro to 'Shapes' reminded me of NOISIA, I liked 'In the Midst of Battle' as well!