Join 500,000+ Artists
Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!
Drive By Uppercut
Character of the Week #357
Deadline - Sunday, July 27th 10PM GMT
To become a wizard, one must have the qualities of magic. It doesn't matter how little magic you possess, just the fact that one can control it's force, makes them a candidate. Though, there are no special schools for one to become a wizard. They have to be taught by another, more powerful wizard. Magic users are like unique magnets, and are attracted toward one another. So almost all powerful wizards will eventually find a pupil, because their magic is connected.
This week you are to design an apprentice wizard!
- Can be male or female
- Must be Human, elf, dwarf, gnome, orc, or halfling.(no animalkin)
- Must be casting a spell.
- Environment Background's permitted this week.
- Genre is fantasy
- Finals must be posted in the finals thread before the deadline
- Final post must include the CHoW # and the artists username at the bottom of the image within, at least, a footer bar(TYPED, NOT WRITTEN)
- At least 3/4 of the character must be visible. No back views are allowed without a front please.
- Only ONE character please.
- Sketches or rushed artwork will not be accepted into the poll
- No photograph paint overs, must be 100% original work
- At least two wips posted with your final in the finals thread
- NO ENVIRONMENT BACKGROUNDS! You may use simple shapes,gradients or silhouettes
- Please read through the thread for any posts made by the mod. They likely answered a question that was asked about the challenge!
- Have fun!
Another fun subject!
Last edited by Sic Rigum; July 26th, 2014 at 07:50 PM.
This was an exciting challenge!
Here is my "Wizard's Apprentice"- an exile banished for her innate abilities. Sorcery is considered an abomination to the orc tribes, thus forcing the young orcress to seek the tutelage of an unprejudiced high elven wizard. She has swiftly revealed an affinity to pyromancy, much to her master's chagrin.
Stages of Progress
Last edited by fllamjr; July 27th, 2014 at 05:21 AM.
Murdock Grimsbeard is an odd dwarf, sure he's a war veteran, decorated warrior, and peerless fighter- but for some reason he got it into his head that he wanted to learn magic. Something about bashing his enemies and blowing them up too.
He definitely is an oddity at his school as well, as he's older than most of his teachers, ten times the age of most of his peers, and has generally is terrible at magic. But Murdock never gives up, even if all he can do thus far is summon are demonic variants of adorable forest animals.
Last edited by Cericke; July 27th, 2014 at 05:02 PM.
I rushed this.. So I still think it's gonna change over time but I guess I'm happy with the result considering I've worked on this piece for maybe 6-7 hour. Finally quitting my day job to pursue my passion.
He's a young Cantrip magic user whom uses his pet toad as a catalyst for spells. He is using Emit Light on his friend now!
Last edited by Drive By Uppercut; July 28th, 2014 at 12:07 AM.