Thread: Four studies

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Four studies

Name:  Frazzetta study 2.JPG
Views: 86
Size:  249.5 KB
    I chose this Frazzetta painting for the strong rhythms and repetition of the waves, which I think along with the off kilter angles of the boat give the piece its drama.
    Name:  Animation background study.JPG
Views: 58
Size:  200.1 KB
    This painting is an animation background, I think it contains most of the eight design elements, particularly variety.
    There is a lot of detail and it was hard to keep it within the time frame of an hour max. I spent an hour and a half or so.Name:  Van Dyck study.JPG
Views: 60
Size:  318.1 KB
    This painting has already been done by someone in the level up program, I didn't know it at the time I did it so, hears my version. I think it is a great painting with good contrast and emphasis.
    Name:  Rembrandt study (1).jpg
Views: 73
Size:  226.7 KB
    I think this Rembrandt detail has great balance and continuity. The three heads close together form an interesting triangle in the center of the composition. I worked about an hour and a half on this one as well, hard to fight the urge to make a finished piece.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,290 Times in 2,825 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Nice work. You are on the right path for sure. Your shapes and values are coming along well. Be sure that you are keeping a close eye on your edges. Note where the sharpest sharpest sharps and softest soft edges are and use them as guideposts/landmarks for the rests of the edges in the image. Edges are important to space, form, and focal areas, so getting those in there will help the piece a lot. Once you do, you will see quality improve a lot. Keep up the great work. -jm

LEVEL UP! - ConceptArt.Org online workshops are on sale- Join now and get 25% off!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Members who have read this thread: 7