Thanks

Workshop Lessons Order

Hello, I just started getting into the Level Up workshop a couple of days ago and am working on the first assignment for Composition 1.1 .

I am just curious if going about the sections in the chronological way it's arranged in is highly recommended/required, over say, doing assignments for two separate sections at the same time (example; Doing the master studies for Composition 1.1 and doing the 99 skulls assignment under Drawing 1.1)? Would I be sort of sabotaging myself by jumping ahead?

I am asking this because very soon I won't have that much time to do things digitally (which is how I am doing my Composition 1.1 assignment). So I won't be able to finish studies as fast as I do now. However I will still have time for drawing at the side pretty often (as that is generally quicker to do than a study for me), so sketching up some 5 or so skulls maybe every sitting seems perfectly possible. I am just concerned that I would be progressing too slowly if I limit myself to the first assignment given that I won't have as much lengthy hours on my computer, as opposed to choosing another assignment to do in unison that I can more easily finish.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,435 Times in 2,935 Posts
    That is fine. Just stay in order. i.e. don't jump from 1.1 to 1.3 on anything. If you get done with 1.1 you can move to another 1.1 or 1.2. Make sense?

Great question btw...

Hope that helps.

JM

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Jason Manley For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanks Jason! Tell me if I am understanding you right; With regards to order, I should just follow the numbers. I can go about it doing Comp 1.1, then Comp 1.2, then Comp 1.3 or I can stick to all the 1.1 labeled lessons before moving to any of the 1.2 series.

And another question; Would you recommend against two 1.1 lessons at the same time though? Is it best to focus on just one assignment/topic?

Thanks
    Thanked 6,742 Times in 4,645 Posts