sketchbook pro and 53 paper on ipad (wacom stylus and 53 pencil)

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Question sketchbook pro and 53 paper on ipad (wacom stylus and 53 pencil)

im going to sell my macbook and buy a ipad so....

What kind of app and stylus should I use ???

sketchbook pro and wacom stylus creative or 53 paper and 53 pencil ??

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The Wacom Creative Stylus came out when the Ipad 4 was out. Ive been looking into it myself and from what Ive read the Wacom Creative Stylus doesn't work very well with the Ipad Air. There are a lot of problems with it since it was designed with the Ipad 4 in mind. Im not sure how it works with the new Ipad retina Mini though.

I dont know anything about the 53.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Malifer For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Malifer View Post
    The Wacom Creative Stylus came out when the Ipad 4 was out. Ive been looking into it myself and from what Ive read the Wacom Creative Stylus doesn't work very well with the Ipad Air. There are a lot of problems with it since it was designed with the Ipad 4 in mind. Im not sure how it works with the new Ipad retina Mini though.

I dont know anything about the 53.
    whoa that really help thank you

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I thought the Jot touch 4 took the crown as artist pick? I dunno, but if you really want a portable sketchbook in a software walled environment grab yourself a Samsung Note Pro 12 or 10. Wacom digitizer built right in, light years better than a crappy bluetooth capacitive pen emulating pressure sensitivity poorly.
    Personally I find Android and iOS to be limiting and lame and would opt for a Surface Pro 2 or 3 any day over them for true portable cintiq goodness... but thats me.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Stoneseeker For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I use Paper by 53 constantly and it is truly one of my favorite sketching apps! However I will concede that some people may find the tools it provides maybe too limiting (personally though I like the "limitations"). I do love the app though, and it's awesome for fun sketches and doodles. I don't own the Pencil stylus yet (but I did order it and its arriving this week!) so I can't tell my impressions about it at this instant. Also, as much as I love Paper, if you are looking for a more "photoshop-like" experience you might want to go for the Sketchbook Pro.

Another app that I am partial to that you might want to look at is Procreate. It's super responsive and powerful, and is my iPad "Photoshop" pick you could say. You can work at very high resolutions, you can customise brushes (and download brushes others have made), there's layers, opacity, and most everything you need for some digital painting on the go . I am not sure if it supports the Wacom Creative Stylus however, though their website says they support the Adonit Touch and Pogo Connect.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Arishandera For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Arishandera View Post
    I use Paper by 53 constantly and it is truly one of my favorite sketching apps! However I will concede that some people may find the tools it provides maybe too limiting (personally though I like the "limitations"). I do love the app though, and it's awesome for fun sketches and doodles. I don't own the Pencil stylus yet (but I did order it and its arriving this week!) so I can't tell my impressions about it at this instant. Also, as much as I love Paper, if you are looking for a more "photoshop-like" experience you might want to go for the Sketchbook Pro.

Another app that I am partial to that you might want to look at is Procreate. It's super responsive and powerful, and is my iPad "Photoshop" pick you could say. You can work at very high resolutions, you can customise brushes (and download brushes others have made), there's layers, opacity, and most everything you need for some digital painting on the go . I am not sure if it supports the Wacom Creative Stylus however, though their website says they support the Adonit Touch and Pogo Connect.
    yeah its really helpful

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    JOT TOUCHWITH PIXELPOINT anyone using that ???

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    is the JOT TOUCHWITH PIXELPOINT make you guys feel slippery ?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    If you want portable cintiq goodness, get a Cintiq companion, that's my next buy

I've gone through all iPads since the first one and I have to say for convenience when it comes to weight and portability they are the best. just check out some forums like the procreate ones, and you can basically see what can be done with them. Also I recommend to spend a couple of days training yourself with it. I have most the styluses, from the Adonit Jot Script to Wacom Intuos creative stylus. I only use them when My fingers tips are sore or I have strange cramps in my pinky. Generally I'm all about finger painting. Once you get the hang of it, it's actually hard going back to a pen.

My main problem with the Surface as mentioned before is that you are using desktop software on a portable 10 inch device, which sounds great in principle, but in practice its a clumsy exercise that's frustrating as hell. I had issues with a 13 inch viao duo, I would hate to think what it would be like with a surface pro. Especially with using hot keys, that I normally would use with Photoshop. Also the cluttered UI screen that is great on a big laptop or a desktop, but on a small touch screen that is always covered by your hand? Not so much.

The thing is These tablet software were designed with all the drawbacks they could have. The speed sensitivity replacing lack of pressure is OK, and the pinch pan and rotate is a lot smoother experience than I ever had on a desktop. Also clear UI on a small screen like on Procreate is what you need.

For proper sketching I couldn't really recommend Paper 53 or Sketchbook Pro. Paper 53 is too much of a gimmick, and sketchbook Pro is just lacking compared to other apps

For me Procreate is by far the winner for portable drawing. Super smooth drawing engine, plenty of layers, create your own brushes and basically just works.

Another winner is Adobe Ideas. For vector drawing it's great. And for other basic vector creations you can't go past ink pad, and it's now free.

Sketchclub and Art Studio are other solid performers. Art studio is way laggy and others are just gimmick apps that are fun to play, but not really to create something you can port over to your desktop to finish off.

I played around with a Samsung 10.1 2014 edition, but the small stylus is too uncomfortable for long drawings sessions, and Sketchbook Pro lags on it like crazy and i don't know how the alternative apps work as I haven't tried them, but I really like using a rotating canvas, and from the youtube clips seems like the other art apps on android lack this function.

You are saying you have a MacbookPro and you want to sell it for a tablet? Aren't entry level iPad4's kinda cheap these days? If you sell your Macbook Pro I would recommend in investing in a Cintiq companion. If you get the cheaper Android version you can always hook it up to a friends Mac for Final touches or output stuff.

I praise my iPad as a work tool, but i still need my Mac

my sketches, and rants.

naomiandpoggie.blogspot.com

Members who have read this thread: 21