Illustration Post Graduate Programs

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Illustration Post Graduate Programs

I'm looking into going back to school for a masters, after a couple of years in the industry since school, I have a better idea of what I want to do, how to do it and how to utilize my time at college most effectively to learn what I need to learn.

While I like illustration, I also want to have the skills and knowledge for concept art for films and games. So a school that has a few 3d courses and teachers that have knowledge of current practices in the industry would be great.

For personal reasons, my preferences are for schools in Europe, though other places in the US are fine too. Does anybody have any schools they like that have a great illustration program that also accommodates more digital concept art courses?

I have considered the standards, Cal-arts, Rhode Island school of design. I'm looking for schools that might not come up in the first "good art school" google search, you know?

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Learning 3d modeling/animation isn't nearly as difficult as it's sometimes perceived to be. There are tons of free programs, most notably, blender, and some relatively cheap such as Zbrush that can do the same things Maya and 3DS Max do. Youtube is full of tutorials on how to use them. I suggest you start here

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Graph View Post
    Learning 3d modeling/animation isn't nearly as difficult as it's sometimes perceived to be.
    That is, the technical side is relatively easy. However, the actual sculpting and animation side of the game is harder than you may think...

Grinnikend door het leven...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by eezacque View Post
    That is, the technical side is relatively easy. However, the actual sculpting and animation side of the game is harder than you may think...
    Is there a difference? Holding a pencil is relatively easy; obviously, artistic/creative skills are required to make anything worthwhile. The "technical side" doesn't even exist on it's own.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Graph View Post
    Is there a difference? Holding a pencil is relatively easy; obviously, artistic/creative skills are required to make anything worthwhile. The "technical side" doesn't even exist on it's own.
    I agree, but there is a whole lot of animation/game art schools that teach just Flash, Maya, Photoshop, and sell the idea that this is all you need to be successful in animation

Grinnikend door het leven...

Members who have read this thread: 12