Jmac22 sketchbook

View testimonialsView Artwork
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Jmac22 sketchbook

Hey my name is Julian and I hope to post on this fairly often. I have always been interested in art but mainly painted miniatures. Now that I'm going to college for Entertainment design I've decided I want to do illustration or concept art. I have recently started using digital media and will hopefully use this thread to improve in that area. As I feel I will use it the most often. I really enjoy characters and science fiction usually near future or like "Cyber punk". I'll probably be experimenting with mechanical and landscape art to improve my over all ability.

To begin with here are some past pieces I finished near the end of highschool.

Name:  Christian jpg.jpg
Views: 136
Size:  367.4 KBName:  cosmonaut 2.jpg
Views: 64
Size:  1.37 MBName:  0704141156.jpg
Views: 75
Size:  432.6 KBName:  Hot scene chick 1 jpg wip.jpg
Views: 64
Size:  423.3 KBName:  space bitch jpg.jpg
Views: 66
Size:  393.6 KB

The finished digital one is my most recent completed piece done digitally. It's..pretty awful. I didn't take my time or even use photoshop to it's fullest potential.

The unfinished piece is already leaps ahead of it in my opinion. I have a reference but am using it way less than what I usually do. That is another thing I am working on, using my imagination or less references. I feel that using references is less creative somehow even though I know it's really not. It's just a preexisting stigma.

I am working on anatomy and human figures for drawing and lighting/dynamic colors for painting right now.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'm finally in college and should be uploading more often as I have more stuff to work on. Here is that digital portrait I was working on. And I've gotten into stenciling with spray paint recently. This is my least favorite piece so far but it still looks alright.

Attached Images Attached Images    

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Finished two portraits recently. The ink one was for school and is a self portrait composed entirely of words and sentences. While the other is one I just did for fun. It's of my friend and was more of a bar setter type thing. Just to compare it to my stuff I'll finish later.

Attached Images Attached Images    

Members who have read this thread: 6