COW #326: The Tentacled Terror of the Blue Hole - VOTING!

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

View Poll Results: Pick the most terrifying resident of the Blue Hole!

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • porcupine

1 3.85%
  • warburton

4 15.38%
  • Bobby Rebholz

8 30.77%
  • fabianguiza

0 0%
  • scorge

9 34.62%
  • Rob Powell

4 15.38%

Thread: COW #326: The Tentacled Terror of the Blue Hole - VOTING!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,685 Times in 642 Posts
    Follows
    Following

VOTING IS NOW OPEN! Please vote for which entry you feel best adheres to the topic's brief and requirements, based on the concept's design, creativity, execution, etc!
    If you have submitted an entry to this thread please refrain from voting for your own entries. I will deduct your vote from your entry if you do so.
    In the event of a multi-vote round please avoid voting for more than 3 or 4 entries. Votes won't be deducted if you do so, but keep in mind your vote is essentially wasted if you decide to vote for every single entry.
    You may critique and comment on the submitted entries if you like. As long as you play nice!

Round Requirements:
    -lives underwater in a blue hole
    -has a scary appearance and an equally scary nature
    -tentacles, lots and lots of tentacles

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Rob Powell; 4 Days Ago at 12:08 AM.
    Art is not about competing against others and being better than everyone else, but it is about competing against yourself and discovering your greatest potential!

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Artist: porcupine

Concept: Striped rockhide

The Striped Rockhide is a massive sea creature, inhibiting large deep sea caverns known as blue holes. It has ten eyes on the topside of its head and 4 under the jaw, despite this it is almost blind, and scavenges for food using its strong tentacles.
    Its massive plated body has a cavity where the head withdraws while resting or feeling threatened. When disturbed it lunges toward the intruder, using its strong neck which much like an owl can rotate to almost 360 degrees.

For some dare devils it has become a new form of extreme sport to agitate the Rockhides, and trying to escape, a past time that results in multiple deaths yearly, and a new bill to ban swimming activities near the blue holes.

Name:  cow_326_tentacled_terror.png
Views: 213
Size:  709.6 KB

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Artist: warburton

Concept: The Tentacled Terror of the Blue Hole

A nasty little critter who gives lots of grief to unsuspected divers.

Name:  cow326.jpg
Views: 211
Size:  342.8 KB

5. The Following User Says Thank You to warburton For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Artist: Bobby Rebholz

Concept: Beast of Bermuda

Thought to have been a myth among fishermen and ocean exploring enthusiasts, the Beast of Bermuda has suddenly become a reality, making a terrifying showing near the coast of Bermuda. Scientists believe this creature is tied to the disappearance of several ships. Nobody is certain why this creature has suddenly surfaced or where it originated from. It could have been hidden for a very long time...watching...waiting.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Artist: fabianguiza

Concept: Tiny, the tentacled terror of the blue hole

Thanks
    Thanked 1,860 Times in 416 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Artist: scorge

Concept: Blue Hole Beast

It's big, it doesn't like you, and sharks think it's the coolest thing to happen to the ocean since chumming.

Check it out
    Blog, we've all got em:http://davesrightmind.blogspot.com/
    Creatures Galore!:www.creaturespot.com
    Full gallery o' stuff:davesrightmind.deviantart.com

9. The Following User Says Thank You to scorge For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Artist: Rob Powell

Concept: Terror of the Blue Hole

Bermuda Police Report:

Salvaged underwater Camera within the Blue Hole contains newly discovered highly classified footage. It appears that some kind of creature had attacked a young couple that while snorkeling decided to go diving within the Blue Hole at night, the woman in the photo resembles a girl that went missing earlier in the week who's boyfriend also went missing. Their boat was found drifting with no occupants. Her boyfriend was most likely the one who took the photo during the attack. No sign of the couple or the creature has turned up during any further investigations of the Blue Hole.

No other cases of this creature have been reported, nor have their been any other reported attacks. However there have been several reports of divers and swimmers that went missing after diving within the Blue Hole.

The case is to be deemed classified and not to be released to the public. In the mean time access to the Blue Hole is to be prohibited until further notice.
    Name:  Tentacles Terror copy.jpg
Views: 185
Size:  416.8 KB

Last edited by Rob Powell; 5 Days Ago at 11:43 PM.
    Art is not about competing against others and being better than everyone else, but it is about competing against yourself and discovering your greatest potential!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Poll is up and the new topic has been posted!

No cuts This Week

Close to Rejection:
    Bobby Rebholz-remember we need to see the majority of the creature, however here are three reasons why I decided to accept your entry 1-the nature of the topic calls for a rather mysterious creature seeing as it tends to live in a deep dark blue cave so having it partially hidden would reinforce this idea 2-there's only a handful of entries as this round wasn't as popular as I'd hoped it would, and 3-for all I know that could be pretty much the entire creature. Also you're piece is fantastic as usual, makes for a great illustration but in terms of design we need more. Just keep an eye on that in the future, I'd hate to exclude you for something as trivial as that.

Summary: I want to stress the importance of atmosphere within the image especially with large creatures in dark waters, warmer colours tend to blend with the surrounding environment (usually blue/cyan since it is underwater) making reds and pinks appear more purple. And Yellows appear as a slightly greenish hue. I myself had some issues with colour (mainly with the human skin, the creature's colour was fine, but it looked weird with the girl as mostly monochrome while the creature had some colour. Which is why I simply went for the whole piece as a monochrome blue.)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Oh no Rob! I'm shaking my head at the fact I did that. I was so caught up in hiding it that...I actually DID hide it!

Members who have read this thread: 53