Scatey's Sketchbook

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Scatey's Sketchbook

Hello, I've been browsing conceptart for months, checking out conversations, sketchbooks and portfolios, but I'm new to posting things, so you'll have to forgive me where I fall short, and I'd appreciate any polite nudges in the right direction, lest I embarrass myself.

Okay, so here's the story; I'm 17. I just graduated highschool. I thought for sure for the past 6 months that I'd attend an art school right after graduation, but the only option I really had was AAU, and you can bet that I couldn't afford that-- I wouldn't even have been able to get the loans for it this year. The Art Academy of Cincinnati offered me a 44k scholarship, but when tuition is 30k, whelp, you can see why I ended up where I am now.
    I'm attending a private liberal arts' college in the fall for really low out-of-pocket. I decided that I may pursue my associates here and transfer to an art school afterward to save a little money, and maybe have further improved my skills enough to attend an art school I really wanna go to *cough*Ringling*. Also, I wanna improve my chances of getting good scholarship money (which will be a determining factor in deciding to transfer and to where).

Either way, I really hope I can get some constructive feedback to help improve my skills Any questions, comments or constructive criticisms are welcomed!

Without much ado, I'll include some sketches from recently to get us to a good start!

Observation
    Name:  Observation07714.jpg
Views: 72
Size:  287.0 KB

Imagination
    Name:  hullhouse.jpg
Views: 66
Size:  207.8 KB
    Name:  passes.jpg
Views: 81
Size:  259.4 KB

And for good measure, a little pinup style I was working on;
    Name:  pinups1_by_skeffication-d7owyjz.jpg
Views: 63
Size:  101.1 KB

I also do traditional work, but I don't have any scanned/uploaded that is recent enough to be relevant.

I'll try to post something else tomorrow, maybe !

Attached Images Attached Images        
    Skeffication

Not to undermine the consequence, but you are not what you do.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member

Members who have read this thread: 3