Fantasy Portrait WIP

Join 500,000+ artists on ConceptArt.Org.

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks

Fantasy Portrait WIP

Been a while! Wow, the interface has changed in the past couple years!

Anyway, here's a portrait I'm working on.

I'm not so worried about things like the pose, anatomy, proportions, and such. Those things will get better with my daily practice. But if you do notice any small issues like hands or face, feel free to point them out. It's still rough enough for me to make plenty of changes.

It's the lighting/colors that always seem to give me trouble. No matter what approach I use, they never seem to feel right. For this one, I started with a dark color (the deep purple) and started painting the colors over it as both laying down the color, and adding lighting.

Name:  Ella Portrait.jpg
Views: 252
Size:  495.6 KB

Last edited by barretxiii; 1 Week Ago at 01:18 AM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Well you really don't have any variation in your values. The lightest of your skins tones is only marginally lighter then your darkest... same with everything else. Also, you've gone to the lengths to create a light source but you are ignoring it. At that angle her head would be casting shadow across her chest... her top hand would be in full shadow and her bottom hand should be darker then her face because 1. it is farther away from the light source and 2. it is not a main focal point. Also keep in mind, that high collar would and should cast a strong shadow across her face. H

Slow progress, but progress nonetheless...

Sketchbook

Finished Stuff
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Members who have read this thread: 23