Thoughts on Animation Schools?

View testimonialsView Artwork
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thoughts on Animation Schools?

Hi! I just signed up here, so sorry in advance if this is in the wrong forum. I'd like to get some advice on schools for animation?

I'm seventeen and just out of high school, with one semester left at State College of Florida to get my Associate in Arts (I dual-enrolled all through high school, and received a scholarship from the art department to finish my degree).

I live about a half-hour away from Ringling College of Art and Design, so I had originally planned to attend there after I graduated. I've taken several workshop classes there in the past, and I'm familiar with the faculty and campus. I was actually accepted there for Illustration or Game Art last semester, but I decided to finish up at SCF since their animation program had already closed.

Ringling certainly would be convenient, but I want to make sure I'm getting the most bang for my buck, y'know?
    I have a friend who's planning on going to SCAD for game art, and I love the campus and city there. I'm also considering Laguna and CalArts. I've heard that Sheridan is amazing, but I'm not so sure about moving out of the country... Also, someone mentioned that LMU had a decent program?

What are your thoughts? Does anyone have experience with these schools?

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi,

I attend Ringling College and will be a CA senior this coming fall semester... It's definitely worth the money if you work hard. Almost everyone I know (regardless of entry talent) who worked hard has achieved a lot with their degree. I came in as an average student, and have had a successful internship and created a great network of friends and professors. The profs are excellent, most have had long industry careers, but really you'll get out of it what you put in. Make sure you come when you feel you're ready artistically and can handle a heavy workload. As a Floridian, you'll be eligible for extra scholarships/aid, so make sure you apply for those as well! Best of luck with your decision, and feel free to email me (you can find it on my website signature) if you have any questions.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Members who have read this thread: 24