The first board designs on both the first and second page are awesome. I would ride a board with either of those graphics; however, I would not ride a board that wide (or that short, depending on how you look at it). I think the designs would be more effective if you stayed true to the proportions of a real snowboard. Also, keep in mind that snowboards have two surfaces that can be designed; it might be nice to see both sides.
Dave: Hey dudeage. haha getting different views on the thumbnails. but of course i'll try different things as they are literally my 1st. I hear ya on the board crit, i shall be looking into this!!
coldrum: Will do my friend, doing alot of experimenting with brushes at the moment as it goes.
Ex Nihilo: Thank you, and thanks for that crit, a very good point, i've only been on a snowboard once so of course i missed out the important bits, save a pic of the actual size, gonna work with what ya said, come soon!
Large dump right now, some monsters and portraits of girls i've nailed in the last week, and some of the boyfriends who came home early... and stuff, enjoy.
Yo! Good start to a new SB! You've definately improved from what I remember! Lots of interesting characters in here! Board designs look nice
Some of your shading works kinda contrary to the form it's supposed to describe... I know I know... it's the old "let the strokes follow the shape"-crit, but it's an important one It can flatten shit out, or give the wrong impression of how the shapes curves in space when all the strokes run in the same direction... Hope it helps!
Victrix Patientia Duris. The 90 Sketchbook challenge! 1 down 89 to go!
Newest stuff at bottom!
Behold the 90 sketchbook challenge!
I managed to get a joblot of 90 sketchbooks on ebay and have challenged myself to fill them all up, starting slow, 1 filled a month at the very least.
I'm halfway through the 1st one, so I believe I will finish ahead of time
UPDATE FINALLY! 06/03/2012
Gotten back into drawing finally! More pictures, not many, but its progress!
I've recently become interested in model making and specimen jars so I had a crack at it. This is my first ever attempt and I'm pretty proud of it, looks nice on my shelf.
Any Crit is welcome.
Last edited by Krane; March 22nd, 2012 at 10:26 AM.
A latex mould test, I used flour to stop the latex sticking to itself and it works perfectly. about 7-8 coats of latex on the newplast cast so when I pulled the latex covering off it was strong and retained the shape I wanted.
I then stuffed with cotton to give it some bulk and support.