Join 500,000+ artists on ConceptArt.Org.
Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!
Character of the Week #356
The Panda Guide
Deadline - Sunday, July 13th 10PM GMT
China is the home of the lovable panda's that we all know of. Unfortunately, their species is in danger of extinction. Luckily, the gods have blessed forests with a panda guide who leads them into safe areas, within their habitat. Rumors are that the panda guide is a panda spirit. Others say that it is a human dressed in bamboo to attract the pandas to get them to follow him. The one commonly said rumor, is that the guide wields a decorative staff which depicts the head of a panda. But there is no photographic proof that the panda guide exists!
This week you must design the Panda Guide.
- Can be male or female
- Must be humanoid.
- This is not limited to the black and white pandas, you may reference the red ones too.
- Must include the staff which the guide uses and must include what is described, but you are not limited to that. Be
creative with it.
- NO ENVIRONMENTAL BACKGROUNDS THIS WEEK. Follow the normal rules with this.
- Genre is realistic/fantasy
- Finals must be posted in the finals thread before the deadline
- Final post must include the CHoW # and the artists username at the bottom of the image within, at least, a footer bar(TYPED, NOT WRITTEN)
- At least 3/4 of the character must be visible. No back views are allowed without a front please.
- Only ONE character please.
- Sketches or rushed artwork will not be accepted into the poll
- No photograph paint overs, must be 100% original work
- At least two wips posted with your final in the finals thread
- NO ENVIRONMENT BACKGROUNDS! You may use simple shapes,gradients or silhouettes
- Please read through the thread for any posts made by the mod. They likely answered a question that was asked about the challenge!
- Have fun!
Here is my entry! This was a lot of fun!
This Panda guide was once a well known Monk a long time ago but then one day disappeared into the mountains. I was wanting him to have torn monk robes and then the bamboo armor on top. He also carves his own wooden staffs and paints his face to resemble his beloved creatures, the pandas He has a spiritual presence when he is seen.
Discovered as a baby abandoned at the gates of a Buddhist monastery, and raised by the monks as one of their own, this being's origins are shrouded in mystery. However, the only thing the Panda Guide knows for certain, is that he feels compelled to help his forest-dwelling cousins, guiding them away from the predations of humankind.
My wacom is dead so i went full traditional,
this one's an alternate version, i do not submit it as my final image, just for the critique
SKETCHBOOK any crits are welcome
During his previous life he fought against panda hunters but unfortunately he was murdered by one of them.Pandas spirits felt humble towards his actions and granted him "eternal life".Now as a ghostly entity he guides pandas to safety.
The staff has lantern and bells so pandas don't loose sight of him.Also cammo to blend in
don't really see the point of posting the wips on the finals thread but anyway
good luck guys!
Just finished mine, It was fun!
@Marco Lombardi- Sorry, your entry really doesn't qualify as humanoid.
@FUZION PREDATOR- missing his staff.
@solmazym - No definitive staff.