Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: I WILL RISE.

Thanks

I WILL RISE.

"A time to love, and a time to hate; a time for war, and a time for peace." Ecclesiastes 3:8.

Now my good artists, is a time for WAR! It is time to beat procrastination one and for all and rise from the battle a concept artist! For this is my dream. My belief. That with persistent attack, the enemy (procrastination) will eventually be defeated! It can be achieved only by your assistance. Join me in my journey as I post my thoughts and ideas here in this sketchbook daily. Be my wing-man. Give me feedback. Good or bad. Be critical. I don't care. I just want to improve at a rapid speed.

Below are some recent work I did so you can see where I stand in my quest.

"Whatever you can do, or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, magic and power in it... Begin it now." -W.H. Murray

I WILL RISE. I WILL FIGHT. I WILL WIN.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    god luck man some cute little robots u got there

4. The Following User Says Thank You to BenReichert For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    yea good luck! may your journey be swift! hehe

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Artplur For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Hi, welcome!
    Be also prepared to fight fear, a very close friend of procrastination. Patience and dedication are the key.
    Happy drawing!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Alex DL For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Day 1

Alex DL: Thanks for visiting my Sketchbook! And yes, I know fear very well. Me and him have a loooong history together.

Artplur: Thanks for visiting! And yeah hopefully it will be very swift!

BenReichert: Thanks! Robots are one thing that I really like to draw. Those two robots are from a graphic novel that I worked on making in high school. If I can find the time I might try to do a digital re-vamp of the old story!

Here are some sketches that I did today. The first sketch is a digital color study from a photo from Norway. I feel like I need to get more comfortable using the Wacom tablet. I really wanna visit Norway one day. I love mountains! The last two are two animal skull studies that I did using Pilot High tec-C and a Gel pen. I think they turned out decently well. Have any of you seen Feng Zhu's videos on youtube. If so, I'm trying to get what he calls the "Draw Through Technique" down so any advice on doing that would be greatly appreciated!

I'm so ready for Day #2!
    Attached Images Attached Images      

Thanks
    I know I haven't updated in a while. But I've still been drawing! Here are some sketches that I've done. Working on doing studies of anatomy in both animals and people. I am also going to be practicing perspective. My thumbnails need a lot of work. Anyone have any tips for creating thumbnails? Also, I signed up for Level UP! a few days ago. I'll be posting some work from there too. Now back to more drawing!

Thanks
    Here are some Character Concept Sketches that I did. Working on applying anatomical proportions.

Thanks
    Did some more sketching before work today.

Thanks

MOAR!!!!

Did some more work last night and this morning! I'm basically going through The Bridgman: Constructive Anatomy book and focusing on hands first. These are mostly reffed from life (AKA: my right hand!) I really love sketching bugs. Their bodies have a lot of segments so it helps me focus on shapes.

Decided to try a concept for a winter environment. It's still in the "sketchy" stage but I'll be posting updates of it later this week. I really like the cool colour palate!

What am I afraid of? Well... Perspective (Insert: shiver down my spine) So. I decided to try to draw some simple boxes in one-point perspective. They are a little wonky but it actually wasn't as hard as I thought! I'm trying to find a balance between working with pen and paper and digital.

As always... I'm new here on conceptart.org and any advice or comments are welcome!

I feel like I'm slowly gaining back my confidence...

Thanks
    Did some more sketching from my imagination. Really need to work on heads and faces. I really am struggling with drawing accurately from my imagination so I will be doing more painting studies from movies and photos. Really like the way the painting study is going so far! I might continue it later this week. Took me about 30 mins this morning reffed from a photo. My workload is piling up but I can do this!

My sketches are very quick and I think that is what is making them suffer in quality. I will try to slow down when sketching and focus on the proportions from now on to see if that helps.

Perseverance is key though! I will try to post tonight... if I can actually connect to the site.

Comments and critiques are welcome!

Thanks
    Did some hand sketches from Bridgman. Then a hand study. Then another portrait study from photo ref. I'm trying not to use the color picker to help train my eye to see value better. I really like how this one turned out. Working in gray scale is actually pretty fun!

Thanks
    Did some Bridgman studies this morning. Then came up with a character concept from my imagination! I'm going to paint it now.

Thanks
    Really like your hand-studies from Bridgman in #11! Those are gorgeus. Keep posting

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast