Sketchbook: I WILL RISE.

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: I WILL RISE.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

I WILL RISE.

"A time to love, and a time to hate; a time for war, and a time for peace." Ecclesiastes 3:8.

Now my good artists, is a time for WAR! It is time to beat procrastination one and for all and rise from the battle a concept artist! For this is my dream. My belief. That with persistent attack, the enemy (procrastination) will eventually be defeated! It can be achieved only by your assistance. Join me in my journey as I post my thoughts and ideas here in this sketchbook daily. Be my wing-man. Give me feedback. Good or bad. Be critical. I don't care. I just want to improve at a rapid speed.

Below are some recent work I did so you can see where I stand in my quest.

"Whatever you can do, or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, magic and power in it... Begin it now." -W.H. Murray

I WILL RISE. I WILL FIGHT. I WILL WIN.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    god luck man some cute little robots u got there

4. The Following User Says Thank You to BenReichert For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    yea good luck! may your journey be swift! hehe

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Artplur For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi, welcome!
    Be also prepared to fight fear, a very close friend of procrastination. Patience and dedication are the key.
    Happy drawing!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Alex DL For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Day 1

Alex DL: Thanks for visiting my Sketchbook! And yes, I know fear very well. Me and him have a loooong history together.

Artplur: Thanks for visiting! And yeah hopefully it will be very swift!

BenReichert: Thanks! Robots are one thing that I really like to draw. Those two robots are from a graphic novel that I worked on making in high school. If I can find the time I might try to do a digital re-vamp of the old story!

Here are some sketches that I did today. The first sketch is a digital color study from a photo from Norway. I feel like I need to get more comfortable using the Wacom tablet. I really wanna visit Norway one day. I love mountains! The last two are two animal skull studies that I did using Pilot High tec-C and a Gel pen. I think they turned out decently well. Have any of you seen Feng Zhu's videos on youtube. If so, I'm trying to get what he calls the "Draw Through Technique" down so any advice on doing that would be greatly appreciated!

I'm so ready for Day #2!

Attached Images Attached Images      

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I know I haven't updated in a while. But I've still been drawing! Here are some sketches that I've done. Working on doing studies of anatomy in both animals and people. I am also going to be practicing perspective. My thumbnails need a lot of work. Anyone have any tips for creating thumbnails? Also, I signed up for Level UP! a few days ago. I'll be posting some work from there too. Now back to more drawing!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Here are some Character Concept Sketches that I did. Working on applying anatomical proportions.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Did some more sketching before work today.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

MOAR!!!!

Did some more work last night and this morning! I'm basically going through The Bridgman: Constructive Anatomy book and focusing on hands first. These are mostly reffed from life (AKA: my right hand!) I really love sketching bugs. Their bodies have a lot of segments so it helps me focus on shapes.

Decided to try a concept for a winter environment. It's still in the "sketchy" stage but I'll be posting updates of it later this week. I really like the cool colour palate!

What am I afraid of? Well... Perspective (Insert: shiver down my spine) So. I decided to try to draw some simple boxes in one-point perspective. They are a little wonky but it actually wasn't as hard as I thought! I'm trying to find a balance between working with pen and paper and digital.

As always... I'm new here on conceptart.org and any advice or comments are welcome!

I feel like I'm slowly gaining back my confidence...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Did some more sketching from my imagination. Really need to work on heads and faces. I really am struggling with drawing accurately from my imagination so I will be doing more painting studies from movies and photos. Really like the way the painting study is going so far! I might continue it later this week. Took me about 30 mins this morning reffed from a photo. My workload is piling up but I can do this!

My sketches are very quick and I think that is what is making them suffer in quality. I will try to slow down when sketching and focus on the proportions from now on to see if that helps.

Perseverance is key though! I will try to post tonight... if I can actually connect to the site.

Comments and critiques are welcome!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Did some hand sketches from Bridgman. Then a hand study. Then another portrait study from photo ref. I'm trying not to use the color picker to help train my eye to see value better. I really like how this one turned out. Working in gray scale is actually pretty fun!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Did some Bridgman studies this morning. Then came up with a character concept from my imagination! I'm going to paint it now.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Really like your hand-studies from Bridgman in #11! Those are gorgeus. Keep posting

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yeah I really am liking the Bridgman Books so far! The roughly formed figures resemble the style that I like to sketch in. Thanks for stopping by!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    No problem man Thanks for stopping by my sketchbook as well! Can't wait to see your future posts!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey Andreas. I have a quick question. How did you attach the link to your sketchbook underneath your reply? I can't seem to figure out how to do that.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Oh, it's pretty simple Just click your name in the upper-right corner of the website and choose "signature". Then just click the globe to add a link and save the signature

By the way, I'm considering signing up for Level Up and I can see you are a member. What do you think about the courses?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I have only been a member for just over a week. The courses seem great so far. I have been working on the first assignment for the whole time because I am focusing on quality. The assignment is to copy your favorite artists using thumbnails in gray-scale. 25 paintings. I highly recommend you decide soon though because there is a coupon on the site that you can use for this month. It only lasts one more day though so you should decide soon. I signed up for the 4 month plan. And you can cancel at any time if you want. Good Luck Andreas! Thanks for the help with my signature!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    No problem, thanks for the description of Level Up

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Did a quick life study yesterday. Started working on a civilian soldier concept. Did a quick tank study today. And some sketches of heads. Did a quick paint up of an alien sketch. Really liking the color palate. Have a lot more work to do on it and the character. I have a lot of projects going so I am just going to post more WIPs of past projects tonight!

Just keep swimming... Just keep swimming.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hehe, I like the alien guy at the bottom! For your still-life I would suggest fixing the edges a bit. You should be able to do it pretty easily with the eraser.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to BioOrganism For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks man! He was fun to paint. I have been working on him all night tonight and finally came up with a better design.

Yeah that's something that I struggle with in my drawings... line confidence. Thanks for the helpful critique Andreas!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Who's ready for some Gauges? I have been struggling to come up with a form that I like for my Alien man and finally after 2 hours I came up with a solid form. He looks way more menacing than the first sketch because I decided to do top-down lighting... and the gauges, of course. I still have a lot of detailing to do but that won't be hard now that I got the design down.

Still have to work on my character sketch. I'll try to post another WIP of that tomorrow!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wow, he looks a lot cooler now Great job man

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey! I'm enjoying the positivity you give off in this sketchbook. You're off to a great start, don't stop and never give up!

Have you heard of ctrlpaint.com? They have a wide variety of tutorials that will help you with your digital painting.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    @BioOrganism: Thanks Andreas! It took me a while to get the proportions figured out; but I'm pretty happy with it!

@Codexa: Thank you for your encouragement Codexa! And Actually yes! I've looked at a few of his videos... not in depth though. I'll have to check some more out when I get some free time. Now back to painting!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Whooo! It's Friday!

Worked on the head of my character design this morning. Had a little trouble with the perspective in 3/4 view. So I did some Bridgman sketches and now am working on a head paint study to work on the skin tone. Really enjoying working on this guy! I'm already learning a lot!

As always critiques are welcome!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I think the colors are off on the last guy, I know it is just a wip but I wanted to mention it anyway in case you didn't notice

I like the way you rendered the skulls though! Looks nice

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I know I haven't posted in a while. Sometimes life just gets in the way. Anyways, I did a bird study yesterday. Also, I totally forgot about deadline for the COW so I've been working on that for the last few days. Here's some WIPs for the Wasteland Prowler. It still needs detailing but let me know what you think! I'll post the finished piece tonight!

So ready to finish this bloody thing!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Here's my final for the COW. Didn't get to post it because my internet messed up last night. Did some Loomis studies.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 31