What is a good portable carry around tablet?

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Unhappy What is a good portable carry around tablet?

I am having difficulties looking for a very convenient portable digital art tablet. I've heard that the Motion LE1700 is a very good portable tablet, but I've also looked around and found that Motion Computing LS800 is pretty good. I like to work on the program Paint Tool SAI, and Photoshop as well; I need a good tablet that I can carry around when I go out places. I also need a View Anywhere screen.
    (Plus it would be very convenient to carry around a small tablet instead of a sketch book and pencils)

I know it seems kind of repulsive to just throw money at people, but I am starting up college soon and need a good portable tablet for drawing.

Any suggestions?????

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    If I were you, I wouldn't invest in a stone age technology. You should read older posts about Surface Pro 3 unless you are looking for a very cheap alternative which will be only so so to enjoy.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I guess you are right, Thanks for the help. xP

I was just looking for a tablet for doodles that I can easily transfer over to my laptop without having to try and scan a doodle and then convert it onto my laptop. Something that doesn't have to be connected to my laptop so that I don't have lug it around everywhere I go.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Galaxy note 8/10.1 (2014)/12.2 Pro are great tools for doodles and sketches if you are not afraid for android operating system. I have tried Pro version with 12 inch screen and it is awesome, great performance, wacom technology. I just blame pen which is very small and not comfortable to hold. If I wanted portable doodle machine (it even can handle big colored drawings) I would go with Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 (same hardware just a smaller screen Note Pro 10.1 2014 edition and much cheaper)+ Clover Paint app (it can export to .psd, endless brush options, but hard to master) + wacom bamboo feel stylus which should be much better option to hold and draw because it is bigger, Carbon version is even bigger, but much more expensive - this setup would give you about 8 hours of drawing without charging and is easy to carry and hold.

Every other option with windows/mac os will cost you an arm and a leg according that it will be used only for doodling, will weight much more and battery life will suck (cheap old versions doesnt count because it is crap)

This is very subjective opinion of mine and others can disagree with it.

Members who have read this thread: 30