Results 1 to 13 of 88
Thread: CHOW #355 :: Crazy Pirate Cook
June 15th, 2014 #1
CHOW #355 :: Crazy Pirate Cook
Character of the Week #355
The Crazy Pirate Cook
Deadline - Sunday, June 29th 10PM GMT
This week's topic is suggested by PxelSlayer. Thanks!
Aboard the The Serpent pirate ship there are many different characters which makes the crew quite infamous. One in particular is their cook. In order to become a member, you have to survive a meal from him. He has a reputation of creating such foul dishes that it is known to kill people and quite often. The crew members are fortunate that he serves them something edible. In the cook's eyes, his meals are delicious and also experimental. When they have "guests" or prisoners, they let the cook handle it. You are better off starving to death than suffering a terrible fate prepared by this crazy pirate.
- Can be male or female
- Must be human.
- They are a pirate!
- Must include a prepared, deadly dish!
- Backgrounds are permitted this week. Don't forget what the focus is in the challenge.
- Genre is fantasy
- Finals must be posted in the finals thread before the deadline
- Final post must include the CHoW # and the artists username at the bottom of the image within, at least, a footer bar(TYPED, NOT WRITTEN)
- At least 3/4 of the character must be visible. No back views are allowed without a front please.
- Only ONE character please.
- Sketches or rushed artwork will not be accepted into the poll
- No photograph paint overs, must be 100% original work
- At least two wips posted with your final in the finals thread
- NO ENVIRONMENT BACKGROUNDS! You may use simple shapes,gradients or silhouettes
- Please read through the thread for any posts made by the mod. They likely answered a question that was asked about the challenge!
- Have fun!
Last edited by Havok Reed; June 15th, 2014 at 09:54 AM.
Hide this ad by registering as a member
The Following User Says Thank You to Havok Reed For This Useful Post:
June 15th, 2014 #2
progress so far
June 16th, 2014 #3
June 16th, 2014 #4
June 16th, 2014 #5
The Following User Says Thank You to ir8skanka For This Useful Post:
June 17th, 2014 #6
June 17th, 2014 #7
here is mine ;D
June 17th, 2014 #8
Here we go!
June 17th, 2014 #9Registered User
- Join Date
- Jun 2014
- Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Extremely rough first sketch.
Also, my first CHOW. Please, be gentle.
Edit: Quick v2 with some refinements
Last edited by JustIceAU; June 17th, 2014 at 04:28 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to JustIceAU For This Useful Post:
June 17th, 2014 #10
The Following User Says Thank You to AlphaAzieru For This Useful Post:
June 17th, 2014 #11Registered User
- Join Date
- Mar 2008
- Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts
The Following User Says Thank You to minimized For This Useful Post:
June 17th, 2014 #12
Looking good, everyone.
The favorite thumbnail of my first batch:
The Following User Says Thank You to The Colorado Kid For This Useful Post:
June 18th, 2014 #13Registered User
- Join Date
- May 2014
- Thanked 663 Times in 656 Posts
I dunno if I'll take it to the final. I'm not quite that good at digital skin.