Join 500,000+ Artists
Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!
Character of the Week #355
The Crazy Pirate Cook
Deadline - Sunday, June 29th 10PM GMT
This week's topic is suggested by PxelSlayer. Thanks!
Aboard the The Serpent pirate ship there are many different characters which makes the crew quite infamous. One in particular is their cook. In order to become a member, you have to survive a meal from him. He has a reputation of creating such foul dishes that it is known to kill people and quite often. The crew members are fortunate that he serves them something edible. In the cook's eyes, his meals are delicious and also experimental. When they have "guests" or prisoners, they let the cook handle it. You are better off starving to death than suffering a terrible fate prepared by this crazy pirate.
- Can be male or female
- Must be human.
- They are a pirate!
- Must include a prepared, deadly dish!
- Backgrounds are permitted this week. Don't forget what the focus is in the challenge.
- Genre is fantasy
- Finals must be posted in the finals thread before the deadline
- Final post must include the CHoW # and the artists username at the bottom of the image within, at least, a footer bar(TYPED, NOT WRITTEN)
- At least 3/4 of the character must be visible. No back views are allowed without a front please.
- Only ONE character please.
- Sketches or rushed artwork will not be accepted into the poll
- No photograph paint overs, must be 100% original work
- At least two wips posted with your final in the finals thread
- NO ENVIRONMENT BACKGROUNDS! You may use simple shapes,gradients or silhouettes
- Please read through the thread for any posts made by the mod. They likely answered a question that was asked about the challenge!
- Have fun!
Last edited by Havok Reed; June 15th, 2014 at 09:54 AM.
progress so far
Looking good, everyone.
The favorite thumbnail of my first batch:
I dunno if I'll take it to the final. I'm not quite that good at digital skin.
Been a while, thought I'd get back on in! Here's a WIP from me, going for a french dandy type..
Damn. Colour is hard.
PxelSlayer - Doh! Gah! Ouch! Too awesome, too fast! He's great. And definitely crazy. How can he sport so voluminous a belly on such a crazy diet? Maybe it's a parasite... My one minuscule note would be that his beard and the entree get confused a little. Is it a tentacle or a facial pseudopod?
JustIceAU - There's some perspective stuff going on here(?) Is your crazy cook pointing the spoon down or at us?
To the rest not sure if I can contribute until you get farther down the road.
This is Mad Mary, who this crew happened to find half-starved and feral on a remote island. She has tamed somewhat, but only in that she's not killing the crew with her bare hands, but with her cooking. Feast yer eyes, cuz your stomach won't take it!
Last edited by MasterTroglodyte; June 19th, 2014 at 12:35 AM.
Damn. Colour is hard.
A wee bit o' progress.
A very sketchy and messy WIP.
The main idea behind my pirate is that she is bullied by her puppet-parrot. She has to listen to it when making the broth and it messes up all the food.
(I haven't added in the pot yet ^^)