A local college that admits students based on a live aptitude test

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

A local college that admits students based on a live aptitude test

So I live in New Delhi, India, and I'm planning to go to a local college called Delhi College of Art. Their admissions page lists their admission criteria which I thought was quite interesting.
    For their BFA program, students must take an aptitude test of drawing and painting/sculpting etc to get accepted into the specific program.

I am quite nervous about taking this test because it is timed and the subject will be told to the student at the beginning of the examination which must be illustrated FROM MEMORY.

I am not sure about whether or not this method of admitting students makes this school a bit...weird. What do you guys think? Should I go for it?

My Humble Sketchbook
    All education must be self-education - Robert Henri
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Read the "truths about art school" thread. I have never read a truer list of facts. Base your decision on those and rather than the aptitude test.

Besides, a lot of European colleges select based on an aptitude test. I went through one as well and the course was… odd, but if I had known how to use it back then I would have. What you should check however, is the selection criteria – will they take into account that different people have different working rhythms.

Also, check what material can you use. A friend of mine and i, (both aquarellists) had a bad surprise when we found out the only medium we could use was Acrylic… and that we weren't allowed to borrow any material other than the colour itself. I am still amazed I managed to get in. My brushes however were good to be thrown out afterwards.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Members who have read this thread: 9