View Poll Results: Future Rodeo Rider
- 42. You may not vote on this poll
Multiple Choice Poll.
Results 1 to 13 of 23
June 13th, 2014 #1
CHOW #354 :: The Future Rodeo Rider :: FINALS
Character of the Week #354
The Future Rodeo Rider
Deadline - Sunday, June 15th 10PM GMT
As humans began to interact with other species around the galaxy, their tradition of bull riding was found to be intriguing by the aliens of other worlds. The aliens offered up their own type of "bulls" for the riders and began the new tradition of rodeos. Many different creatures were used to challenge the riders. Both humans and the aliens would partake in the game. With the new types of creatures they would ride, some necessary safety precautions had to be made.
This week you are to design the rider. Give them some updated costumes that would fit the scifi universe!
- Can be male or female
- Must be humanoid.
- The traditional cowboy hat needs to be present.
- You MAY include the beast they ride, but it is not required.
- NO environment backgrounds this week!
- Genre is Scifi
- Finals must be posted in the finals thread before the deadline
- Final post must include the CHoW # and the artists username at the bottom of the image within, at least, a footer bar(TYPED, NOT WRITTEN)
- At least 3/4 of the character must be visible. No back views are allowed without a front please.
- Only ONE character please.
- Sketches or rushed artwork will not be accepted into the poll
- No photograph paint overs, must be 100% original work
- At least two wips posted with your final in the finals thread
- NO ENVIRONMENT BACKGROUNDS! You may use simple shapes,gradients or silhouettes
- Please read through the thread for any posts made by the mod. They likely answered a question that was asked about the challenge!
- Have fun!
Hide this ad by registering as a memberJune 13th, 2014 #2Registered User
- Join Date
- Jun 2014
- Toronto, Canada
- Thanked 6 Times in 3 Posts
This is Dacian Fick, he's a professional Rider. He's 96 years old and has had three full body replacements. His mask is used to purify the air on the various planets that he travels to, to ride. On his back he has a complex mixture of chemicals and batteries, that do everything from strength enhancements to filtering poisons and extracting oxygen.
The Ragnull, the most dangerous beast capable of riding, is native to Cesperon, a large dry desert planet about 500,000 light years from earth. The Ragnull is transported to almost every planet in the system for the Tri-games. A Quatropus, a dangerous sea creature of the Mino solar system is often place on the back of the Ragnull, which will act to anger the Ragnull. The rider also has to beware of the Quatropus since it's reach is far and powerful.
The Universal Record for rides on a Ragnull without being injured or killed is 15. Dacian is currently riding his 16th Ragnull. Wish him luck.
Last edited by Michaeldavidmichell; June 13th, 2014 at 12:39 PM.
June 13th, 2014 #3Registered User
- Join Date
- Mar 2014
- Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
June 14th, 2014 #4
June 14th, 2014 #5Registered User
- Join Date
- Jan 2008
- Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
ChoW #354 Final
June 14th, 2014 #6
Don't let her sweet exterior fool you. Peppermint Jane has taught many a mutant bovine the need for humility! Armed with a sonic destabilizer and a ion-charged 1873 Colt Revolver, she'll rope and wrangle her way into your hearts! Get ready, intergalactic outlaws... This here's a rodeo queen!!! Yee-haw yai yai okitinbawanoo-oooo!
June 14th, 2014 #7
Last edited by wizo5454; June 15th, 2014 at 08:57 PM.
June 14th, 2014 #8
This one gave me some problems, I don't know why. Probably because i was really indecisive with the overall design as you can see. The final thing does not look even close to the thumbnail except for the pose. It was still really fun! Also good jobs everybody so far!
June 15th, 2014 #9
Good work, everyone, and good luck.
June 15th, 2014 #10
Saw many great WIPs from everyone I cant wait to see all the finals! Good luck to all!
June 15th, 2014 #11
June 15th, 2014 #12
The Moison race generate an unusual radiation from their skin. Specially made swaddling is worn to protect the mount, which is often in far more danger than the rider during the rodeo should any of these protective layers come loose. The most successful Moison rider, Z'eekjrd Tekx, doesn't take kindly to his human-given nickname: "Disco Smurf".
June 15th, 2014 #13
Not quite finished to the degree I'd have liked, but I got it done.
"Protip: Your champ gots two feets? Buy two boots."