COW #323: Epicenter of a Mass Parasitic Organism - WIPs Thread - Page 2

View testimonialsView Artwork
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Michelle : Well to answer your question, I had thought that it would pull in the molten magma, and then process it through it's 'legs' and use it to excrete the a rocklike substance further and blanket the areas on the side of the volcano. Also, I had another image sort of showing it's offspring and how this creature reproduces. Little obsidian cocoons are excreted from it's 'brain' area, so it sort of looks like a strawberry with seeds on the outside. Then when the volcano erupts, the main creature is destroyed but it shoots it's offspring up in to the clouds to rain down on other parts of the world, each one hatches and goes off to find another volcano to attach to, and eats magma from smaller floes until they get big enough to reproduce like the one shown in the image above.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
  3. The Following User Says Thank You to Flame_Unquenchable For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Changed my design a bit. The network of tendrils above seems to be causing some confusion, so Have decided to root it to the ground and spread itself out from there. I believe I have the perspective right now, please someone tell me if I'm wrong.
    Trying to move away totally from a shapeless blob, but still not quite there yet.

Name:  parasite2 copy.jpg
Views: 132
Size:  155.2 KB

Michelle Gonzo : It does look like it's floating daintily over the water rather than immobile, maybe showing more of the roots that it uses to tether itself in place might help. Or the inclusion of some of the "seemingly uncontrollable cellular reproduction" may provide a large mass to make it look heavier and more inclined to stay in one place.

Rob Powell
    Might be a stupid question, but is the worm the parasite or the host? A parasite that seeks out other creature's eggs and sinks its tendrils into their brains seems like a cool idea.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,714 Times in 661 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Moirae: My intentions were for this to be some kind of cocoon/egg thing, the parasite is the inner creature that sits in a vitreous fluid inside of the cocoon and it continually saps energy which it's tentacles/tendrils gather...

an update...slowly building things up gonna try to push the perspective on the branch arm tentacle thing on the left to help build depth a bit more...also got rid of the eyes on the tentacles to the right because I felt they were a bit distracting from the focal point...
    Name:  Mass Parasite Nucleus copy.jpg
Views: 354
Size:  377.3 KB

Art is not about competing against others and being better than everyone else, but it is about competing against yourself and discovering your greatest potential!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    This looks good - looks a bit like a giant eye as well, which makes it extra weird ..

7. The Following User Says Thank You to popicok For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Probably going to submit this as final, not sure I will have time tomorrow to work on it before the deadline. I'd like to actually submit one to the finals, haven't made it in a long time.

Name:  LavaParasite4.png
Views: 48
Size:  276.0 KB

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Garanord: Did you submit two entries to the finals? both images you uploaded are painted and rendered in different styles and it's hard to tell if they are part of the same organism or not, I'd like it if you cleared that up for me so I can be sure what's going on...I did say supplementary images were allowed but I need to know that they are indeed associated with one another...

About 24 hours till the deadline for this topic at the time of this post, then a new topic will be available, and I think it's going to be fun one!

Art is not about competing against others and being better than everyone else, but it is about competing against yourself and discovering your greatest potential!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

parasite wips

hi everybody this is a great topic - here are some initial thoughts reference and sketches. Any excuse to look at micro creature photos and I have seen some horrible parasite images
    liking the work, great atmospheric colours for robs entry for rob Powell and cool sketches by bobby Reynolds / Michelle I would go with the underwater version .

spent a while working up images based on orchids then read the rules as to no vegetation. I have uploaded one anyway
    The parasite i am depicting has taken over a space ship and feed off its reactors. The defense mechanism is based on spiky natural defenses and a spore spread infection that binds still living victims and uses their eyes and weapons to defend the core . The ships pilot has suffered a similar fate and is being kept alive to potentially fly the ship ( depicted I'm not sure if i will Attachment 1990539get all the images finished so will have to choose a final submission.

Attached Images Attached Images        

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Looking good, everyone. I did another sketch; my hellishly long work week is finally coming to an end today, so I should be able to work on this more later tonight.

Attached Images Attached Images    
    Last edited by The Colorado Kid; June 25th, 2014 at 10:44 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Just a bit over an hour to get your entries in folks! A New topic will be posted shortly afterwards!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Members who have read this thread: 48