DSG 1720: Going to Hell

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Thanked 5,476 Times in 3,685 Posts
    Follows
    Following

And I'm taking you with me

Going to Hell

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Lucifer

decided to go for a slightly Blake-ish take on this one

update: I fiddled with the figure a bit and increased contrast on the background

Last edited by popicok; June 11th, 2014 at 07:08 AM. Reason: tweaked image

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to popicok For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nice one, Popi. I really like the contrast the white figure creates. And the subtle skull in the back; nice detail. I also think I see a massive shadow farther behind.. which I might just be imagining, but looks cool nonetheless!

I took this as a chance for a self-portrait (cause, let's face it... >_>) hahah Anyway, first selfie I've done in many years... So, yeah... interesting.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to GoodSoup For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks GS. I like that you're obviously sat at your computer, and the red/blue light contrast that gives with the Demonic Hand. But nooooo! Surely not after all those helpful posts ..

8. The Following User Says Thank You to popicok For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Popicok - Balanced piece. I'm not familiar with Blake, but I have to say that poor bastard falling looks very alone...painterly feel to it.

Goodsoup - did you nail the likeness? It looks pretty good proportion wise, and I like your use of light. Done in photoshop?

Here's mine... done with red erasable...

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ni-Cd For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Ni-Cd View Post
    Goodsoup - did you nail the likeness? It looks pretty good proportion wise, and I like your use of light. Done in photoshop?
    No, I'm afraid the resemblance is not that good lol I don't have any handy mirrors in the house, so I had to use a photo... with a daytime lighting. So it was a double exercise, portrait AND light.
    And yes, Photoshop is almost all I use. ^_^

Cool sketch yourself! "if I'm going to hell, I'm taking you with me". Classic zombie fun The chracter on the back reminds me of Tom Anderson, from Beavis and Butthead. xD hahah

Quote Originally Posted by popicok View Post
    I like that you're obviously sat at your computer, and the red/blue light contrast that gives with the Demonic Hand. But nooooo! Surely not after all those helpful posts ..
    Hahaha Thank you for the vote of confidence. xD It's just that after reading "the Divine Comedy", I'm not so sure myself (not to mention the heaven described there sounds so ridiculously tedious... >_>)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Great stuff everyone I like what you did with the update Popi, the strong red and dark shades make the figure stand out alot more. Angels going to hell D:

Cool idea with the self portrait Matt why not incorporate other practises when doing these! As Popi said; nice warm/cold colour balance, and with the purple as a neautral. Good job on creating the night light out of nothing.

I like your style Ni-cd, reminds me of Gorillaz for some reason. It would help the depth of the image to show some of the arm holding the grenade and not just the fingers, good foreshortening on the guy behind him though! Good thing the zombie apocalypse won't happen ;D

I thought it was pretty funny when I saw Matt's lovely jelly fish study because I had in mind to use an image study already when I saw this topic! Used one of the screenshots from the amazing film Constantine that I've caught to some day make a study of, today is the day End up always going into too much detail with my studies so I decided from the start to use a big brush without pressure sensetivity for everything - just to try to free myself from perfectionism. It still ended up taking a few hours though so don't know if that worked (I also use the colour-picker, sort of cheating but my head hurts just doing it this way already!)

He's so happy to be taking Constantine down to hell finally!

Last edited by Nemodab; June 11th, 2014 at 01:36 PM.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nemodab For This Useful Post:

Members who have read this thread: 24