N/A

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: N/A

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Exclamation N/A

Last edited by VexelStudios; June 24th, 2014 at 06:54 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    our team members were still inexperienced in dealing with a difficult freelancer and we admitting that we handled that situation poorly, although working with that artist which he doesn't respect our time and our projects, and had extremely poor business & communication practices, however we should have dealt with him in a more calm & composed manner.
    Perhaps you should just remove this part from your apology?.... it sounds as if you are still accusing the artist even though you had to fire your own employee due to their conduct. I myself got hateful pm's from your employee. The artist in question has worked for many other companies without any incidences. Only your fired employee seemed to have issues.

Best of luck with your future endeavors

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by VexelStudios View Post
    [...]and it was done by one of our project managers who left our employment and doesn't work with us anymore, so you can't judge the entire organization for the action of one manager!
    I certainly can, since you are the people who hired that deranged lunatic and kept him on a long enough leash to start an online smear campaign (albeit one that backfired) against a fellow artist. Such behaviour is quintessentially unprofessional. That you're "reacting" to this so long after the fact also doesn't speak to the credibility of your "apology". Has the artist in question received reparations for being smeared? Has he received an official apology from your company? It sounds to me like you're still blaming the artist, you're just sorry for yourselfves that you got bad press.

Actions speak louder than words, and so far what I've seen from you is one completely deranged employee, the complete failure to take action while that all was happening, and a public "apology" that still seems to blame the artist who was the target of the outrage in the first place.

Way to go to tarnish your reputation.

Maybe you should think about hiring a PR person.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Benedikt For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 1,646 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    it was done by one of our project managers who left our employment and doesn't work with us anymore, so you can't judge the entire organization for the action of one manager!
    Also to add on what Benedikt said, it's like lying; if people find out that someone has lied once, it puts everything what they say into suspicion because there's no guarantee they wouldn't do it again.
    Your professional image was put into question then, so if you allowed actions like that happen once, how likely is it that you will allow it again?

Of course in most hopeful situation you have learned from this and it will not happen again, however considering the original issue was someone putting all the blame on someone elses shoulder, and now you're doing this AGAIN by basically putting all the blame to that one manager. Except you are not even blaming him because by your words, it was "passion flying everywhere", rather than obnoxious, rude and highly unprofessional behavior, but a the same breath go on about how the artist lacked respect and did things poorly, because why not continue doing the same that got people to judge your studio in the first place.

If you acknowledge that you were young, enthusiastic and inexperienced, you might want to take into consideration that it's also possible dealing with the artist was difficult because YOU were difficult customers without realizing it. And even if you're 100% super-duper sure you were great, remember that anyone capable of critical thought will still be skeptical of that.

Last edited by TinyBird; May 31st, 2014 at 06:16 AM.
    "I eat comics and poop stylization"
    Comic!
    Sketchbook (Critiques, no compliments please.)
    Tumblr
    Website
    Livejournal
    DeviantArt

7. The Following User Says Thank You to TinyBird For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    so a little bit of googling has shown up some interesting things.... To the OP of Vexel Studios, if you have indeed fired this previous person you may want to contact them as it appears they are still listed as working for you.

The original debacle started with this person: http://teranova.deviantart.com/

who has one image with his name: http://teranova.deviantart.com/art/A...file-381758117

Ahmad Yassen

a search for his name shows his google+ account were he is listed as an employee: https://plus.google.com/116546329465739472995/about

also a vimeo account with your logo: http://vimeo.com/vexelstudios

here a site lists your company with only one employee: https://startupdb.arabnet.me/startup/2172/ (no name)

so you might want to contact a lawyer to get this person to stop.

my searches also bought up this: http://wayofthepixel.net/index.php?t...0635#msg150635
    and this: http://www.pixeljoint.com/forum/foru...TID=18828&PN=1

seems your reputation is catching up with you...

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kidult For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

very concerned

although working with that artist which he doesn't respect our time and our projects, and had extremely poor business & communication practices, however we should have dealt with him in a more calm & composed manner.

I would be very concerned if I was offered to work for you. My thinking is that if there be any disagreements that you want to run a dirty campaign about one (maybe not public but spread rumors about one to other companies). continues to do so with this one artist

That Which Does Not Kill Us Makes Us Stranger

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by kidult View Post
    -
    Nice research!

I'm throwing a theory out there: Vexel "studios" is really just this one guy (who was also the same deranged individual who went on a rampage on here back then).

All the texts in the various message boards certainly read like they were at the very least written by individuals with an extremely similar command of the English language, if not the same person.

Smells extremely fishy, all of it.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Benedikt For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Smile

N/A

Last edited by VexelStudios; June 24th, 2014 at 06:46 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Blaming and smearing others seems to be your true forté, Ahmad.

Well, that backfired maginifcently on you again, didn't it?

I'm hopeful that this thread and the one from years ago will deter any artist wise enough to research possible employers from making the mistake of doing business with you.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Benedikt For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    N/A

Last edited by VexelStudios; June 24th, 2014 at 06:47 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Oh wow, a smear campaign? really now? 1st off that is not my thread on that forum, never even heard about it. 2nd I am not smearing your studio at all. I'm pointing out that the employee you stated you fired, is still going around posing as an employee of vexel studios. Surely you should be contacting this person to ask them to stop as it was their actions that caused these issues?

Last edited by kidult; June 1st, 2014 at 03:37 AM.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kidult For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I saw my site was getting hits from this thread and I wondered why. Low and behold Vexel Studios is trying to accuse me of being multiple people! I've already addressed Vexel's Studios ludicious accusations against myself and kidult. You can see that kidult and I are not the same person!

I was trying my best to give Vexel Studios the opportunity to explain themselves and clarify the situation, but they don't know to handle tough questions without responding aggressively. They linked to our conversation at Webcomic Underdogs above, but here it is again in case you want to see just how delusional Vexel Studios is being (they chime in on the second page of the conversation): http://webcomicunderdogs.com/forum/f...-and-its-reps/

Now I'm starting to think kidult and I have to search the Deviant Art forums to make sure Vexel Studios isn't spreading more false accusations about us or anyone else....

Webcomic Underdogs - Best friend to the indie creator!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    seems that according to vexelstudios I'm actually several people online....wish I was several people in real life, could get way more done: http://webcomicunderdogs.com/forum/f...s-reps/page-2/

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    We feels that we are not on a trial here by any means, therefore we are not obligated to respond...
    You are on trial. You know this or you would not have posted this explanation for behavior that has obviously cost you credibility in the artistic community. This is the court of freelance artists and a negative verdict prohibits you from consistently hiring above a certain skill level. Sure you can just brush it off as you seem inclined, yet that won't make it go away.

You need to convince people that you're as great as you keep saying. Honestly requiring unpaid art tests doesn't help you on that score.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Shorinji_Knight For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Follows
    Following
    I suggest change of name, yah, that would be a good thing.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I am not sure what the hell is going on here, but this is all I can think of when I read the responses ( Pic ). Damn I would hate to work as a PR guy.

Attached Images Attached Images  
    SKETCHBUUK :
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=270242

"A man chooses. A slave obeys."

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Oh boy. I remember this incident quite well.

I agree with Benedikt on the whole, Vexel Studios being one person. He certainly responds in the exact same manner as before...

!!SKETCHBOOK!!

Visit my website for additional info. www.mjdstudios.com
    “If people knew how hard I worked to get my mastery, it wouldn't seem so wonderful after all.”
    ― Michelangelo

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Wink

N/A

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Okay I just did a quick google search on VexelStudios and the results are not pretty. If you are interested in continued existence I suggest you abandon this name, its pretty much spoiled to both freelancers and clients alike.

There's nothing you can't be if you only Smurf hard enough!
    - PAPA SMURF

Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    N/A

Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 1,646 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    we have a very limited experience in dealing with freelancers, especially bad ones,
    Ok, you REALLY should understand that it's hard for people to take your apologies as sincere ones when you basically use all of your apologies to also badmouth the artist at the same time because you just continue doing what you were apologizing for, which has been pointed out multiple times.

"I eat comics and poop stylization"
    Comic!
    Sketchbook (Critiques, no compliments please.)
    Tumblr
    Website
    Livejournal
    DeviantArt

30. The Following User Says Thank You to TinyBird For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,234 Times in 795 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Being defensive online is generally a very, very bad idea
    That sounds like good advice.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    You should really stop talking about yourself in plural, Ahmad. Sounds really weird.

Better still: Stop talking altogether. It's not like you're going to get a decent artist hired in the forseeable future anyways, no matter how often you come back for more drama.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    so I've been getting pm's from "vexelstudios" asking what I'm bad mouthing them the whole time... somewhat more civil than the pm from the previous cock up.... still not apologizing for bad-mouthing the artist and for accusing me of a smear campaign. I did however get this:

Re: Dear Mr. kidult

Actually Mr. Yassen is not an employee with our organization anymore and we didn't lie about that, we didn't want to explain ourselves in a public forum, but we are willing to explain as long these following details will remain private between us:

Mr. Yassen did help us create most of the pages & profiles on several website a while back (he even created our online website and online presence), you can tell however that he's using our old brand for all of these websites, we have changed our brand slightly from that time (our current X is a little different now)

We are little short-handed at the moment, but we are working on updating our online presence and regaining control of these pages, we will get around fixing these pages.

All we can say is that we are sorry that we made a mistake and things turned our ugly, we are trying to made amends now, and we can't force you to work with us if you don't want to.

But we were hoping that you at least please stop posting bad things about us.

Thanks and we are looking forward for your reply,

Kind regards,

Vexel Studios

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    N/A

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    We are sorry that you want to continue with this path Mr. kidult, because we think that you might cause yourself more harm than good when you published our private message on these forums, Since we doubt that many future employers will look favorably at your post, and still wants to pursuit a meaningful freelancing work with you.
    yup sure thing buddy....I imagine hundreds of potential employers are reading this thread right now....
    also when working with actual real clients and companies you'l sign a NDA. A law binding document. And seeing as I have done fuck all work for you, I don't see why I shouldnt post this. And once again you refuse to address the issues at hand and instead attack...

Thanks
    Thanked 5,524 Times in 3,718 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    So you disregarded my advice about retaliating? That again was not an apology as TinyBird has pointed out. I notice in a number of places you state the original problem was years ago - October 2013 is even a year. No one can see what you're about on your website as you are required to log in - great way to sell yourself. You're not great at explaining yourself anywhere on the net.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

38. The Following User Says Thank You to Tugelbend For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    oh hey guys check it out great job offer here from our boy vexel...or teranvoa....in 2013:
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...Artists-Wanted

but wait its back again 2014:
    http://www.conceptart.org/go/jobs/jo...rtists-needed/

clearly not enough interest so here it is again with a bonus...nice:
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...61#post3821461

Last edited by kidult; June 7th, 2014 at 04:32 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    This is the apology I feel VS needs to give out in multiple communities:

Dear artists and art enthusiasts,

We (I) have made many considerable errors in judgement since last October. We (I) were out of line when we (I) accused the artist in question of being unprofessional and doing bad work. Our (my) attempt to destroy the artist's reputation in multiple communities through multiple threads was exceedingly unprofessional and uncalled for and we (I) are very sorry.

Additionally, we (I) apologize for being overly defensive, unjustly argumentative, and accusing multiple members of being one person while spreading derogatory false accusations about those members. We (I) still have a lot to learn about this industry and we (I) want to do our best to set things right.

We (I) do not intend to change the name of Vexel Studios because we (I) need to take full responsibility for our (my) actions and show people that we (I) have grown from this experience, rather than hide from it.

Again, we (I) are deeply sorry for the issues we (I) have started.

Thank you for your time,
    Vexel Studios

This would be a reasonably nice apology....but it won't happen. Not unless it's followed with something like- "but we were dealing with a bad artist."

Webcomic Underdogs - Best friend to the indie creator!

41. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MichaelYakutis For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
  • 424,149 Artists
  • 3,599,276 Artist Posts
  • 32,941 Sketchbooks
  • 54 New Art Jobs
Art Workshop Discount Inside
Register

Developed Actively by vBSocial.com
The Art Department
SpringOfSea's Sketchbook