Join 500,000+ Artists
Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!
In an effort to keep the challenge threads to the point, please keep your chattiness here!
Talk your butt off!
Click here to re-read rules/suggestions for 100 Day Personal Project Challenge, there are some super helpful resources towards the bottom of that post.
Last edited by AdrienneRose; June 10th, 2014 at 03:07 PM.
I was wondering, will there be another 100 Day challenge focused on anatomy at some point? As well as human anatomy, I was also curious, would we be able to do a 100 Day animal anatomy challenge?
(sorry if this isn't the right place to ask this!)
Hi Ladydedlock, currently we'r running a last man standing mode with the anatomy challenge ( we'll keep going until one woman/man will remain standing alone ) so that might take some time, however if you'd like to focus on your anatomy, you could join up the new challenge ( http://www.conceptart.org/forums/for...-Art-Challenge ) and put all your focus on character designs and concepts.
@LadyDedlock I think this is a great place to ask this! What great questions!
I too would love a 100 Day Animal Anatomy Challenge!
Yes, I am currently joining in with the last man standing portion of the current Anatomy Challenge, no idea how long this could last... Years... ?! Haha. I am sure that if it takes *too* long we could start another 100 Day Human Anatomy Challenge along side it. But too many challenges at one time is HARD. let me tell you!
Thanks for the replies! It's a shame because when I came across the anatomy challenge it was a big reason for me joining but I didn't realise the topic of the challenge would change to something else the next time. Maybe it would be useful if there was just like an anatomy sub-forum in 'Art Community Activities' or something where people could take part in smaller challenges, e.g. first it's hands, next faces/heads, etc., so people could just practice anatomy together but it wouldn't be a 100+ day challenge, maybe just 30 days. Looking around, I see there's a life drawing thread in the Fine Art section, but it's not really what I'm looking for at the moment.
Last edited by LadyDedlock; May 27th, 2014 at 10:15 AM.
could someone please tell me, whether you have to post images every day or just write about your progress daily and post images every 10 days?
Hi BigEfru, yes you haft to post each day showcasing what you did ( it has been be at least 30 minutes of work ) it could be thumbnails for your image,a work in progress update, rough color studies, or simply a material study you found to be relevant to do in order to finish your image.
If you where to finish an image faster then 10 days, you can just move on to the next one and keep producing as much great work as you can.
Last edited by snatti; May 27th, 2014 at 04:10 PM.
Thank you so much count me in...
It may not be exactly what you're looking for but, a big part of anatomy is proportions. A great way to practice proportions is to do gesture drawings. So I recommend going over to the Spartan Challenges (in the Art Community Activities) to join in with them! They are great and a week long. They often have optional challenges to study something in particular.Maybe it would be useful if there was just like an anatomy sub-forum in 'Art Community Activities' or something where people could take part in smaller challenges, e.g. first it's hands, next faces/heads, etc., so people could just practice anatomy together but it wouldn't be a 100+ day challenge, maybe just 30 days.
Can someone tell me, for the art challenge, is it ok to include work you do after posting in the next day's post? I'm feeling impatient.
Looks like i'm late to the train. been lurkin for a while and decided that I should get started on a challenge, but apparently theres no way to join anymore =T Is there a place I (and others who are participating without being named) can post our daily work and get feedback / critique each other? Sorry if thers a thread like that already that i've missed.
Yeah sorry man. It closed on May 31st.Looks like i'm late to the train. been lurkin for a while and decided that I should get started on a challenge, but apparently theres no way to join anymore =T Is there a place I (and others who are participating without being named) can post our daily work and get feedback / critique each other? Sorry if thers a thread like that already that i've missed.
If you go to the Spartan Challenge threads, that's a great place to start!
Just wanted to apologize to the mods for forgetting about the headers, I'd like to edit my last post and include it, but I can't see it at the moment as it said it needed to be aproved by a mod first, so sorry for the inconvinience and won't forget from now on
Hi Sara! Sorry about that post, I suppose I was overreacting. I shouldn't have posted it. Thank you for reading it. And don't worry too much about it. Sometimes I get ahead of myself! I think I was being a little too harsh, and deleted the post.
Don't worry Adrienne, I didn't realised it was so helpful for you guys (and it's probably the same reason others are not including it) won't forget it now , the thing that's worrying me is that I can't see my last post in the challenge, should I repost or something?
He, are we doing an lsm challenge too? I dont see a thread for it :/ but the old one
Always looking to learn more, and get feedback:
Talking it over with the guys. Keep doin' what you're doin'. Will let you know!
Thanks Adrienne and other mods, I'm glad to be part of this challenge! :>
Canada. The bugs here are nasty right now.
Hey everyone! Just wanted to repost this here!
This is just the "rules and suggestions".
At the bottom, there are SOME FABULOUS resources that I urge you to at least take a look at! Since we're coming up on our second 10 day portion of this challenge, I thought that this may be helpful for some of you who feel lost as to what to do next!
Congratulations on finishing the first 10 day section!!
- Everyone is at a different place on their artistic path, this isn’t about how good you are right now. This is about how much you have improved at the end of the 100 days!
- Do not let other people’s skill level intimidate you, we all have started out right where you are right now! If you take this challenge seriously, you will see improvement!
- Goal - 10 finished pieces in 100 days. On average, one finished piece every 10 days.
- If you finish a piece faster than 10 days, you may allocate your remaining days to another piece. However, we suggest to try and aim at completing 1 piece per 10 day period. This will help you learn and develop your time management.
- What do I get out of this challenge? - Sorry, there are no “prizes” per say, but, you will get the satisfaction of having 10 awesome finished new pieces of art to add to your works. This challenge will be a great way to try new techniques without the pressure. You will get better, your skill level will go up, and you’ll have a great opportunity to get to know other people in the community.
Get to know other participants:
- Feeling chatty? Keep chattiness to this thread.
In your very first post we would love to hear about your goals for this 100 day challenge. What would you like to accomplish throughout these next 100 days (Long term goals)?
“I would love to develop/improve/learn…”
In your everyday updates, include:
- At least 30 minutes of work.
- Goals for each work time frame. “For the next 10 days I would like to...” (short term goals)
- Post once every day by deadline (Look at http://www.100dayartchallenge.com/ for timer!).
- Sketches, studies, and/or WIPs.
- Include a header or footer on your image with your CA name, the Day#, and the time you’ve spent.
- Example below shows how your uploads *should* look. Of course, with your very own flair!
Don’t know where to start?
Helpful Links & Information
- Mood board
- Cleaner Sketches
- Pick favorite/best
- Rough color
- Indie by Night
- Giving Your Characters Unique Features (pt. 1) (pt. 2)
- Character Design 101
- Dynamic Character Tutorial
- Unique Character Design Tips
- Notes on Character Design
Character Design & Development Prompts:
- Character of the Week (CHOW on CA)
- Character Generator (take a screenshot/drag individual gifs to get the prompt)
- Another Character Design Generator (take screenshot/drag individual gifs to get the prompt)
Environment Design & Development Prompts:
- Environment of the Week (EOW on CA)
- Tutorial on Creature Design
- Daily blog with creatures from various artists
- FZD SCHOOL - Character Silhouettes (Part 1) (Part 2)
Creature Design & Development Prompts:
- Creature of the Week (COW on CA)
- Industrial Design of the Week (IDOW on CA)
- Illustration of the Week (IOW on CA)
- Fun Generators
- Random Generators
- Generator Land
- Seventh Sanctum Generators
- Briefs for Magic Cards - This is a great way to practice working with a brief. Pick an existing magic card by pressing random, and use the description to paint your own version without looking at the current artwork for it.
- If all else fails, Google it!
Last edited by AdrienneRose; June 10th, 2014 at 03:12 PM.
Sorry for not being able to post in the One 100 day challenge threat before 3.AM, I have been unable to login,and had to link my facebook account with conceptart.org.
Would feel quite sad to being disqualified over something like that.