Official sign up thread for One hundred day challenge #3 Personal Project

View testimonialsView Artwork
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Official sign up thread for One hundred day challenge #3 Personal Project

- REGISTER YOUR NAME IN THE LINK BELOW (only name and password required for REGISTRATION) http://www.100dayartchallenge.com/
    - AFTER YOU REGISTER PRESS ENTER CHALLENGE ON THE FIRST PAGE. THATS IT, YOU'RE IN!
    EXTRA: IF YOU WISH TO SEE THE OTHER PARTICIPANTS IN THE CHALLENGE AND POST COMMENTS FOR THEM PRESS THE CHALLENGE NAME ON THE FIRST PAGE ("One hundred day challenge #3 - Personal Project")

1. Post once a day here, dedicate at least 30 minutes per day on your personal piece then post.

- Either Work In Progress or study that pertains to your final personal piece.

2. Make sure that you update your day completed at www.100dayartchallenge.com, its one click away.

- Hint: once you're ready to post, go to www.100dayartchallenge.com, click submit and you'll be redirected to this challenge thread.

3. Post your FINAL piece every 10 days, alongside with the studies/work in progress you've done.

- Hint: describe your goal at day 1 of each project/piece, to clarify for yourself where you are heading, and help others understand your goals.
    [/LEFT]

Fail to perform any of these tasks (dedicate 30 min + post + compile final result) results in BAN.

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by snatti; May 27th, 2014 at 09:08 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
  3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to snatti For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Can I ask, why is it necessary to post to a second website? Are we still also posting to the tumblr like on the previous challenge?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    In the past we used google doc, problem with this i had to manually check everyday when people didn't post, go look up their post, see which day it was then compared it to the google doc, in the end it was taking way to much time.

And since i had to check it manually there was a limit to how many people i could allow into the challenge, now with the 100day challenge site, it will check automatically , all you need to do is go there once a day when your about to post, press one button and it will send you to the ca thread, since i don't haft to manually look up things there is no limit to how many people can join, and the demand has been big that's why we'r using an external site for this challenge to keep things in order,

No tumblr for this challenge, it was only in case of emergency such as if ca would go down ( which happened more then once in the past ) but we figured in case Ca dose go down this time, you can just upload your image to imgur(or something similar) and put it in your comment on the other site, always good to have a backup plan!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ah ok, makes sense! I don't think I'll be taking part this time around, but these 100 day challenges seem like a lot of fun.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey Snatti, unfortunately I made a mistake and sign in for a challenge with a wrong username, ( I have made a note on the website), should I sign in again or username can be somehow changed, wanted to take a part in this challenge, will that be a problem, if it will how can I correct it?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi lorehly, if you could sign up again with a new email and with the right user name that would be great!, since currently we'r don't have a feature to allows you to change your name on the site, it's just so we can keep better track of who is taking part in the challenge.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Done Thx for the advice

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyDedlock View Post
    Ah ok, makes sense! I don't think I'll be taking part this time around, but these 100 day challenges seem like a lot of fun.
    Oh I think you should try this one out! It will be fuuuuun!!

-AdrienneRose-

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Official In-depth Rules and Suggestions

About:
    • Anyone can join in. Everyone is at a different place on their artistic path, this isn’t about how good you are right now. This is about how much you have improved at the end of the 100 days!
    • Do not let other people’s skill level intimidate you, we all have started out right where you are right now! If you take this challenge seriously, you will see improvement!
    • Goal - 10 finished pieces in 100 days. On average, one finished piece every 10 days.
    • If you finish a piece faster than 10 days, you may allocate your remaining days to another piece. However, we suggest to try and aim at completing 1 piece per 10 day period. This will help you learn and develop your time management.
    • Register for http://www.100dayartchallenge.com/ . This is where we will track your participation. The website will help the admin keep track of those participating and keeping up with the challenge. Please register with the same username as your CA account.
    • What do I get out of this challenge? - Sorry, there are no “prizes” per say, but, you will get the satisfaction of having 10 awesome finished new pieces of art to add to your works. This challenge will be a great way to try new techniques without the pressure. You will get better, your skill level will go up, and you’ll have a great opportunity to get to know other people in the community.

Your lovely hosts/admin/mods
    Name:  admins.jpg
Views: 359
Size:  46.7 KB
    snatti - Kidane - AdrienneRose

Feel free to message us any time!

Get to know other participants:
    Wanna hangout?

Post Expectations:
    In your very first post we would love to hear about your goals for this 100 day challenge. What would you like to accomplish throughout these next 100 days (Long term goals)?
    “I would love to develop/improve/learn…”

In your everyday updates, include:
    • At least 30 minutes of work.
    • Goals for each work time frame. “For the next 10 days I would like to...” (short term goals)
    • Post once every day by deadline (Look at http://www.100dayartchallenge.com/ for timer!).
    • Sketches, studies, and/or WIPs.
    • Include a header or footer on your image with your CA name, the Day#, and the time you’ve spent.
    • Example below shows how your uploads *should* look. Of course, with your very own flair!

Name:  post-example.jpg
Views: 777
Size:  247.5 KB

Don’t know where to start?
    Helpful Links & Information

Process suggestion:
    1. Mood board
    2. Brainstorm
    3. Thumbnails
    4. Cleaner Sketches
    5. Pick favorite/best
    6. Rough color
    7. Finalize

Character Design/Development:

Character Design & Development Prompts:

Environment Design/Development:

Environment Design & Development Prompts:

Creature Design/Development:

Creature Design & Development Prompts:

Other Prompts:

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by AdrienneRose; June 10th, 2014 at 04:04 PM.
    -AdrienneRose-

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to AdrienneRose For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hello im thinking of signing in , though ill be posting traditional works mostly , would that be ok?

Work hard . Play HARD.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to foxfire1345 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by foxfire1345 View Post
    hello im thinking of signing in , though ill be posting traditional works mostly , would that be ok?
    Yes! That is absolutely okay! I can't wait to see! Join in! Don't think! Haha.

-AdrienneRose-

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by AdrienneRose View Post
    Oh I think you should try this one out! It will be fuuuuun!!
    Does each final project have to be a single image, or can it be a page of a comic with say 6 panels? I'm working on a comic atm so it would be ideal to produce 10 pages in the 100 days, but I understand if this challenge is more specifically geared towards producing stand-alone images rather than a comic page.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I signed up on the http://www.100dayartchallenge.com//challenge?id=3 page, where do I sign up on here? I don't think I have ever posted on here before. Lol, I just really love the idea, and really want to be a part of this.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'm just making sure, once it starts, I post on the other site
    http://www.100dayartchallenge.com//challenge?id=3
    and on here....right? it says to post one on here once it starts?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyDedlock View Post
    Does each final project have to be a single image, or can it be a page of a comic with say 6 panels? I'm working on a comic atm so it would be ideal to produce 10 pages in the 100 days, but I understand if this challenge is more specifically geared towards producing stand-alone images rather than a comic page.
    We discussed it and YES! You can do this! I think it sounds like a lot of work, and a great idea!

-AdrienneRose-

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi Wyntry,

You just need to sign up on the site http://www.100dayartchallenge.com/, i just checked and your name is in the right place.

Once the challenge starts the button on the site where it currently says [watch challenge on ca.org]
    will turn into a green button saying [Post] so each day you just need to press that button when your ready to post, and it automatically update your day complete on the 100days site ( works a check up thing to make sure we can keep track of everyone ) and then it will direct you to the ca thread where you should post your work for everyone to see.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to snatti For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I might give it try. I been spending so much time studying random thing and haven't attempt to do finish piece since school. Also give something to do during the summer.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Misha21 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Misha21 View Post
    I might give it try. I been spending so much time studying random thing and haven't attempt to do finish piece since school. Also give something to do during the summer.
    Please do!! I hope to see you in the challenge! Sign up soon! Sign ups will close by the 1st!

-AdrienneRose-

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'm in. Thanks for hosting these things, it's great

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Drift For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'm signed up as well.

I'm having a hard time reading the timer at the top? It says current day is 1, with 20 hours left to spare? Am I not reading that right? When does this thing officially start?

-I often post from my phone; so please excuse the typos
    Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    POSTING FOR DUMMIES

STEP 1. LOG IN (IMPORTANT: If you left the browswer open over night, refresh the page and log in again, cause you automaticall get logged out after a few hours)

Name:  LogIn.jpg
Views: 591
Size:  153.3 KB

STEP 2. PRESS POST (you'll be redirected in a new tab automatically to the challenge thread here on ca.org)

Name:  POST.jpg
Views: 596
Size:  381.2 KB

STEP 3. POST YOUR IMAGE, along with the time spent and be content that you live to fight another day!

Name:  ARTUPLOAD.jpg
Views: 597
Size:  143.2 KB

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Syle View Post
    I'm signed up as well.

I'm having a hard time reading the timer at the top? It says current day is 1, with 20 hours left to spare? Am I not reading that right? When does this thing officially start?
    Starts on the 1st. That's counting down until the start of the challenge. Then once the challenge starts, it will count down for the deadline for you to post your entry each day.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to AdrienneRose For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Signed up!
    Oh yeah! This is the extra firepower I need for my Super Saiyan training

I'm a scribble ninja! Hah!
    Sketchbook
    DeviantArt
    Youtube Channel

32. The Following User Says Thank You to Kaioken20XGoku For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'm in !

34. The Following User Says Thank You to Loann For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    One question

Does the 30 min daily post have to be related to our final piece at the end of every 10 days?

Or like, say we are drawing figures even though my main goal is to make a finished piece on a background using perspective but figures were my practice work but the BG is my finished piece. In this way, the practice and finished pieces are unrelated. So can the posting be like that as well?

And also, do our final pieces have to be full color render images or will monochrome or just plain lineart style works will do?

Sketchbook
    DeviantArt
    Youtube Channel

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaioken20XGoku View Post
    One question

Does the 30 min daily post have to be related to our final piece at the end of every 10 days?

Or like, say we are drawing figures even though my main goal is to make a finished piece on a background using perspective but figures were my practice work but the BG is my finished piece. In this way, the practice and finished pieces are unrelated. So can the posting be like that as well?

And also, do our final pieces have to be full color render images or will monochrome or just plain lineart style works will do?
    Good question!
    Yes your 30 minute daily posts need to be related to your final 10 day piece. For instance, let's say that I want to create me as a character. i would practice probably figures, faces, hair, clothing etc.

If you are doing a BG then you should practice BG elements every day.

A finished work can by any that you mentioned. Everyone's finished work will be different depending on their artistic level.

-AdrienneRose-

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by AdrienneRose View Post
    Good question!

If you are doing a BG then you should practice BG elements every day.
    A finished work can by any that you mentioned. Everyone's finished work will be different depending on their artistic level.
    Thanks a lot. Makes my goals clearer and easier. So for BGs, I guess learning and working on perspective will do and a good ol line drawing for a finish will count as a piece hopefully

Eagerly waiting for the challenge to start off.
    Counting the hours

Sketchbook
    DeviantArt
    Youtube Channel

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    if we are without internet/a scanner/what have you for one of the days, are we allowed to post the missed day's work when we have the ability?

39. The Following User Says Thank You to kingly For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by kingly View Post
    if we are without internet/a scanner/what have you for one of the days, are we allowed to post the missed day's work when we have the ability?
    No, you will have to do your best to account for these inconveniences.

-AdrienneRose-

41. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AdrienneRose For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    One more question
    (Sorry lol)

Whenever we submit our daily quota of practice be it 30 mins or 2 hours everyday which aims towards our final piece in some way.
    Can we post a copy of that practice in our sketchbooks too or is the practice that which gears towards this thread strictly meant for this thread and exclusive only. (Meaning we can't post that practice in our sketchbooks) ?

Just wondering. Sorry if I'm bugging you again.
    I'm already fired up a lot lol and waiting eagerly for this to begin

Sketchbook
    DeviantArt
    Youtube Channel

43. The Following User Says Thank You to Kaioken20XGoku For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
  • 424,149 Artists
  • 3,599,276 Artist Posts
  • 32,941 Sketchbooks
  • 54 New Art Jobs