Results 1 to 13 of 43
May 25th, 2014 #1
Official sign up thread for One hundred day challenge #3 Personal Project- REGISTER YOUR NAME IN THE LINK BELOW (only name and password required for REGISTRATION) http://www.100dayartchallenge.com/
- AFTER YOU REGISTER PRESS ENTER CHALLENGE ON THE FIRST PAGE. THATS IT, YOU'RE IN!
EXTRA: IF YOU WISH TO SEE THE OTHER PARTICIPANTS IN THE CHALLENGE AND POST COMMENTS FOR THEM PRESS THE CHALLENGE NAME ON THE FIRST PAGE ("One hundred day challenge #3 - Personal Project")
1. Post once a day here, dedicate at least 30 minutes per day on your personal piece then post.
- Either Work In Progress or study that pertains to your final personal piece.
2. Make sure that you update your day completed at www.100dayartchallenge.com, its one click away.
- Hint: once you're ready to post, go to www.100dayartchallenge.com, click submit and you'll be redirected to this challenge thread.
3. Post your FINAL piece every 10 days, alongside with the studies/work in progress you've done.
- Hint: describe your goal at day 1 of each project/piece, to clarify for yourself where you are heading, and help others understand your goals.
Fail to perform any of these tasks (dedicate 30 min + post + compile final result) results in BAN.
Last edited by snatti; May 27th, 2014 at 08:08 PM.
Hide this ad by registering as a member
May 27th, 2014 #2
Can I ask, why is it necessary to post to a second website? Are we still also posting to the tumblr like on the previous challenge?
May 27th, 2014 #3
In the past we used google doc, problem with this i had to manually check everyday when people didn't post, go look up their post, see which day it was then compared it to the google doc, in the end it was taking way to much time.
And since i had to check it manually there was a limit to how many people i could allow into the challenge, now with the 100day challenge site, it will check automatically , all you need to do is go there once a day when your about to post, press one button and it will send you to the ca thread, since i don't haft to manually look up things there is no limit to how many people can join, and the demand has been big that's why we'r using an external site for this challenge to keep things in order,
No tumblr for this challenge, it was only in case of emergency such as if ca would go down ( which happened more then once in the past ) but we figured in case Ca dose go down this time, you can just upload your image to imgur(or something similar) and put it in your comment on the other site, always good to have a backup plan!
May 27th, 2014 #4
Ah ok, makes sense! I don't think I'll be taking part this time around, but these 100 day challenges seem like a lot of fun.
May 27th, 2014 #5
Hey Snatti, unfortunately I made a mistake and sign in for a challenge with a wrong username, ( I have made a note on the website), should I sign in again or username can be somehow changed, wanted to take a part in this challenge, will that be a problem, if it will how can I correct it?
May 27th, 2014 #6
Hi lorehly, if you could sign up again with a new email and with the right user name that would be great!, since currently we'r don't have a feature to allows you to change your name on the site, it's just so we can keep better track of who is taking part in the challenge.
May 27th, 2014 #7
Done Thx for the advice
May 27th, 2014 #8
May 27th, 2014 #9
Official In-depth Rules and Suggestions
- Anyone can join in. Everyone is at a different place on their artistic path, this isn’t about how good you are right now. This is about how much you have improved at the end of the 100 days!
- Do not let other people’s skill level intimidate you, we all have started out right where you are right now! If you take this challenge seriously, you will see improvement!
- Goal - 10 finished pieces in 100 days. On average, one finished piece every 10 days.
- If you finish a piece faster than 10 days, you may allocate your remaining days to another piece. However, we suggest to try and aim at completing 1 piece per 10 day period. This will help you learn and develop your time management.
- Register for http://www.100dayartchallenge.com/ . This is where we will track your participation. The website will help the admin keep track of those participating and keeping up with the challenge. Please register with the same username as your CA account.
- What do I get out of this challenge? - Sorry, there are no “prizes” per say, but, you will get the satisfaction of having 10 awesome finished new pieces of art to add to your works. This challenge will be a great way to try new techniques without the pressure. You will get better, your skill level will go up, and you’ll have a great opportunity to get to know other people in the community.
Get to know other participants:
- Feeling chatty? Keep chattiness to this thread.
In your very first post we would love to hear about your goals for this 100 day challenge. What would you like to accomplish throughout these next 100 days (Long term goals)?
“I would love to develop/improve/learn…”
In your everyday updates, include:
- At least 30 minutes of work.
- Goals for each work time frame. “For the next 10 days I would like to...” (short term goals)
- Post once every day by deadline (Look at http://www.100dayartchallenge.com/ for timer!).
- Sketches, studies, and/or WIPs.
- Include a header or footer on your image with your CA name, the Day#, and the time you’ve spent.
- Example below shows how your uploads *should* look. Of course, with your very own flair!
Don’t know where to start?
Helpful Links & Information
- Mood board
- Cleaner Sketches
- Pick favorite/best
- Rough color
- Indie by Night
- Giving Your Characters Unique Features (pt. 1) (pt. 2)
- Character Design 101
- Dynamic Character Tutorial
- Unique Character Design Tips
- Notes on Character Design
Character Design & Development Prompts:
- Character of the Week (CHOW on CA)
- Character Generator (take a screenshot/drag individual gifs to get the prompt)
- Another Character Design Generator (take screenshot/drag individual gifs to get the prompt)
Environment Design & Development Prompts:
- Environment of the Week (EOW on CA)
- Tutorial on Creature Design
- Daily blog with creatures from various artists
- FZD SCHOOL - Character Silhouettes (Part 1) (Part 2)
Creature Design & Development Prompts:
- Creature of the Week (COW on CA)
- Industrial Design of the Week (IDOW on CA)
- Illustration of the Week (IOW on CA)
- Fun Generators
- Random Generators
- Generator Land
- Seventh Sanctum Generators
- Briefs for Magic Cards - This is a great way to practice working with a brief. Pick an existing magic card by pressing random, and use the description to paint your own version without looking at the current artwork for it.
- If all else fails, Google it!
Last edited by AdrienneRose; June 10th, 2014 at 03:04 PM.
May 28th, 2014 #10
hello im thinking of signing in , though ill be posting traditional works mostly , would that be ok?
Work hard . Play HARD.
The Following User Says Thank You to foxfire1345 For This Useful Post:
May 28th, 2014 #11
May 28th, 2014 #12
May 28th, 2014 #13
I signed up on the http://www.100dayartchallenge.com//challenge?id=3 page, where do I sign up on here? I don't think I have ever posted on here before. Lol, I just really love the idea, and really want to be a part of this.
- Dimi Line,
- Marcus Aseth,