Lignum Environment Concept WIP

View testimonialsView Artwork
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Lignum Environment Concept WIP

This is an environment concept of a fairy town called Lignum. It is one of my first attempts of finishing an environment. It is new to me, I've learned a lot during the process of this. I am about 40 hours in, I still have a bit of detailing to do. I'd love to hear some thoughts on how its coming together. Thanks for looking, and any advice is much appreciated.

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'm not really feeling like I'm being led into the piece. I love the look and all the colours, but I feel that the arch in the foreground kind of stops you dead in your tracks. I think that if the whole of the picture and the moon was contained within that arch, then it would feel like you're peering into this fantastical world. Basically, I'm trying to say is that if you lower the perspective more and zoom in a bit then I think people will be more drawn in. GREAT WORK!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Kye Plays Fair For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    It's good, but like said previously, the composition needs work. I think some of the focal points are too close to the edge, and the viewer isn't really being led anywhere. I think you should tone down some of the lights, and maybe move some things around. Give us something to grab our attention, then a line to follow around your painting.

An example would be having the sign on the right, then having some purple lights leading us along the roots and branches. Otherweise having the roods frame the background like said previously.

Also some of the shadows don't seem to have the moon as light source, like if the moon was actually somewhere else.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to stephou For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I can see what you are both saying, I'll go in and try to make some changes so that the eye has a solid pathway. And if anyone sees anything else be sure to speak up, any comments are welcome!

Members who have read this thread: 3