Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 13 of 18

Thread: How do I make friends at CA?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    India,Bangalore
    Posts
    203
    Thanks
    39
    Thanked 50 Times in 41 Posts

    How do I make friends at CA?

    No, it's not a joke. I'm really serious. I really wanna make some friends here in ConceptArt since I'm new here
    Like friends who give each other feedback and cheer each other on in their sketchbook threads, that sort and also a bit of chit chat in general.
    I'm a scribble ninja! Hah!
    Sketchbook
    DeviantArt
    Youtube Channel
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote


  2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
  3. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    India
    Posts
    2
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    hiii
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to magicalbunders For This Useful Post:


  5. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Pasadena, CA
    Posts
    3,680
    Thanks
    238
    Thanked 962 Times in 596 Posts
    The three main tried and true methods are
    1. Give a constructive comment in somebody else's sketchbook (so they will come to look at yours);
    2. Join a community activity and give constructive comments about other people's WIPs; and
    3. Give constructive comments to people in the Critique Center.

    Every now and then you run into an inverse troll who really didn't want criticism at all and will respond with rude comments. Those are the people you ignore. If you are genuinely helping with your comments there will be people who respond well. Find a few people who respond well and who are at a similar level of development with you and ask them if they want to form a sketchbook support group (basically several people who regularly check in on each other and give critiques on progress).
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  6. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    India,Bangalore
    Posts
    203
    Thanks
    39
    Thanked 50 Times in 41 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by arttorney View Post
    Find a few people who respond well and who are at a similar level of development with you and ask them if they want to form a sketchbook support group (basically several people who regularly check in on each other and give critiques on progress).
    That sounds like forming the Justice League kinda team lol
    So this support group is like an undercover group known by people who get critiqued together by advanced artists or seniors? :o
    I'm a scribble ninja! Hah!
    Sketchbook
    DeviantArt
    Youtube Channel
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  7. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Pasadena, CA
    Posts
    3,680
    Thanks
    238
    Thanked 962 Times in 596 Posts
    Basically, you post encouragement and critiques in your friends sketchbooks and they post encouragement and critiques in yours. That way you don't all have to feel so alone while you are plugging away at your art studies. Who communicates with you will probably depend on who you communicate with minus the people who turn out to be obnoxious or disinterested.

    This guy also wants to find friends http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...55#post3815055 but he seems interested in digital drawing while your sketchbook seems to contain mostly scanned graphite works. Still, you might keep an eye on whether he forms a sketchbook, and if so, then you pop in for a comment from time to time.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  8. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    48
    Thanks
    16
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    let's be friends brother.
    i'm relatively new here and only posted a handful of times heh
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  9. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    India,Bangalore
    Posts
    203
    Thanks
    39
    Thanked 50 Times in 41 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jabb View Post
    let's be friends brother.
    i'm relatively new here and only posted a handful of times heh
    Sure

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Smuttymutt View Post
    Ill be your FURIEND!!! I actually got a ton of cool links etc. to share and we can paint together in hangouts if you dont mind the smutt!
    I'll be honored to be your friend
    I'm a scribble ninja! Hah!
    Sketchbook
    DeviantArt
    Youtube Channel
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  10. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    India,Bangalore
    Posts
    203
    Thanks
    39
    Thanked 50 Times in 41 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by arttorney View Post
    Basically, you post encouragement and critiques in your friends sketchbooks and they post encouragement and critiques in yours. That way you don't all have to feel so alone while you are plugging away at your art studies. Who communicates with you will probably depend on who you communicate with minus the people who turn out to be obnoxious or disinterested.

    This guy also wants to find friends http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...55#post3815055 but he seems interested in digital drawing while your sketchbook seems to contain mostly scanned graphite works. Still, you might keep an eye on whether he forms a sketchbook, and if so, then you pop in for a comment from time to time.
    Thanks so much for the advice Can I be your friend too? xD
    I'm a scribble ninja! Hah!
    Sketchbook
    DeviantArt
    Youtube Channel
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  11. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Pasadena, CA
    Posts
    3,680
    Thanks
    238
    Thanked 962 Times in 596 Posts
    Sure! Why not? I get busy in my day job sometimes and I am not around for a few weeks. Don't panic if I don't say anything for a long time.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  12. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Bulgaria/Denmark
    Posts
    259
    Thanks
    40
    Thanked 21 Times in 21 Posts
    Just start a google hangouts event and post a link on ca.org, I did that on another site and now everyday we have a hangout with a bunch of new art friends and it's super fun and makes it easier to study
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  13. #11
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    66
    Thanks
    13
    Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts
    I'd also love to have that kind of a friend.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  14. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    48
    Thanks
    16
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    maybe make a skype group chat for new people o:
    then everyone can get to know eachother and critique art and stuff
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  15. #13
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    116
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 30 Times in 13 Posts
    I am happy to join a group too...

    Question, how do you get to not have a mod approve every post you make?


    Thanks
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 21
    Last Post: June 24th, 2015, 02:30 PM
  2. How to Make Friends
    By Arshes Nei in forum SUPPORT
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: May 13th, 2009, 08:50 PM
  3. Friends Pic
    By iii in forum ART CRITIQUE CENTER
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: November 30th, 2006, 12:30 AM
  4. Online friends vs Real Life Friends.
    By Blue in forum Artist Lounge
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: October 13th, 2005, 12:29 PM

Members who have read this thread: 4

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • 424,149 Artists
  • 3,599,276 Artist Posts
  • 32,941 Sketchbooks
  • 54 New Art Jobs
Art Workshop Discount Inside

Developed Actively by vBSocial.com
SpringOfSea's Sketchbook