Thanks

who lives in new england and area?

i kind of dropped this line of thought but not on purpose.

pizza and beer! that is a good idea. i would love to meet any and all that are in the area. we could try and work out a place to meet and talk shop.

jason, by the way, is just twenty minuets from me. he just moved in and is working hard but i'm sure we could twist his arm a little. his girlfriend is a charmer and will put you at ease if any of you are afraid to meet the man in person.

i am part of the society of illustrators show this year so i hope to be coming down for the opening. if any of you are thinking about going please try to find me (they usually give you name tags to wear).

i am going to post this in the lounge as well. lets see whom we can flush out of the woodwork!

jon

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Hey Jon,
    Where is that society of illustrators show this year?...i would love to go that! I didn't even know that existed!

It would be awesome to meet up sometime. 4 Hour drive for me isn't bad at all...I know my bro (smeagol71 on the boards) would want to come as well...and wow...chillin with you and Jason Manley...maybe I could soak in some skills by osmosis just being around you two.

Maybe we can get a bunch of people together...that would be awesome.
    :chug:

Thanks
    mindcandy,

the soi show is in manhattan. i forgot the street address but it will be on their web site.

http://www.societyillustrators.org/

cool! it would be nice to meet you and your brother. logistically i'm not sure we have room in our house for guest, never mind all the dogs and cats. i don't think you would want to come up and go back in the same day so we would have to think about a hotel.

a day could be planned, museums could be seen, and beer could be had!

you have some way cool museums down your way as sell, wyeth, pyle, frazetta!

jon

Thanks
    Oh yeah...we wouldn't impose on you like that...we could find our own place to stay that's for sure. Yeah there are a lot of good museums down here I am just finding out. Also at the philadelphia museum of art for the next 6 months I believe...there is a Degas exhibit. If you are going to be down lemme know and I will get you a ticket and we can go together. My treat of course. I am gonna go to the soi show so I will look for you there...I'll see if my bro can come along.

Thanks
    whaaa? i thought only C. F. Payne wannabe's and artsy fartsy illustrations got into that show...

what ever happened to the Pyle's, Wyeth's, Leyendecker's, Flagg's, Rockwell's, Vierge's, ect. NOOWWW its all connceepttualll illustration :nopity: :bsflag:

I'M GLAD TO HEAR YOU'RE IN!

-Joshua

ok perhaps that was a bit harsh...those graphics just look funny together.

Thanks

Lightbulb

Ok before people get all bent out of shape over that post...

Let me make it clear that I was joking not being a completely serious ...I just wish there was a bit more of a well rounded variety of illustration in such a big show...it seems as if its catered towards abstract conceptual illustration and editorial illustration. And they seem to forget or shun the world of illustration beyond that. Not to mention the people that started it were nowhere near conceptual.

I'm just kinda get frustrated by the bias of the show...
    I wouldn't really care but the founders were the Greats!

-Joshua

Thanks
    Hey Jon what days are you gonna be there at the show cause on their website I can't find any specifics to the times and all. There website is confusing to me for some reason hehe.

Thanks
    Thanked 11,435 Times in 2,935 Posts

count me in

I got the first round!

great idea jon

Thanks

Question

jon,

Can you post the illustration you got in???

-Joshua

Thanks
    is anybody going to the comic con in san diego in august? I know its far away from where u guys live, but is anyone making plans on going?
    -http://iwasink.com/-
    DS Illustration
    "Get reference.
    There is nothing wrong with using a photo to help you see things.
    No one complains about life drawing,
    so take a photo.
    its easy, and will improve your piece greatly."

Thanks
    jon, i use to work at the society of illustrations, post down when the show is! it would be awesome meeting you and some of the other members. the society is close to the al hershfield gallery too, and the met. and the forum gallery! i know the area pretty well, so count me in if you guys want to do the society thing. though i work during the weekdays. weekend would be ideal.

Thanks
    Sweet jrr...that rocks...hey if we decide on a day to go can I hook up with you somewhere cause I don't now new york at all...I've only been there once.