Thanks

Clione - Color and Light 1.1

I think the other thread is closed so I'm just going to go and post this here.

So hi guys this is me. My face is a bit crooked and such so it was a bit difficult (it's funny b/c when we paint and draw it's all about the symmetry but that's not always the case in life. wow look at me getting all deep at midnight with a bottle of wine).

Name:  WTehENs.jpg
Views: 750
Size:  254.3 KB

EDIT: For some reason the image doesn't show anymore? Not sure what happened here and it won't let me attach another one (well, it does I guess but it doesn't show up).
    Name:  WTehENs.jpg
Views: 750
Size:  254.3 KB
    Last edited by Clione; May 19th, 2014 at 03:21 AM.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Really nice actually. In regard to proportions I don't know how it looks in real therefore it's difficult to comment. The face seems to me a bit stretched but at the same time when you paint from life you try to paint what you see and proportions does not coincide with the classical. So anyway it's good. Keep up.
    Composition 1.1 1.2
    Color and Light 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4

Thanks
    Haha, yeah I know what you mean. I guess I have a long face? I played around with my eyes a bit more and also tried to make my lips look less pouty. Hopefully it looks better?

My computer messed up while I was working on it but I managed to save before I got the blue screen of death. Unfortunately when I opened the file it came up like so
    Attachment 1968453

I did thankfully manage to kind of blend it with an older file.
    Name:  q7sQYXE.jpg
Views: 1
Size:  90.1 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Clione; May 19th, 2014 at 07:57 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 11,435 Times in 2,935 Posts
    hmmm...it seems there was an error with the upload as the sites were in transfer to the new server. Your portrait is stunning. Very strong presence, which is something that is really the secret part of figurative art...the life in the life drawing. With that said, If you would please upload the latest image, I would love to see and give feedback. My only comment on this version has been addressed. The key is to pay attention to how the features fit on the skull, to kind of look underneath your facial anatomy to image what your skull looks like...when you check for that it can help to make sure that your features are seated on your skull as you see them. To be honest the distortion is not necessarily a bad thing as it could be a stylistic choice. Such things should be done with intent though and it sounds like you are shooting for more accuracy so I look forward to the update.

j

Thanks
    Thanks for the feedback. My eyes were a little bit small so I made them bigger and changed their shape so I think it looks better now. I am also more happy with my mouth.

Name:  IA4mpnm.jpg
Views: 701
Size:  424.4 KB

Thanks
    Thanked 11,435 Times in 2,935 Posts
    it's beautiful. No further crits from me. I think you did great and honestly i hope you keep pushing through these assignments. I really am curious to see where this stuff takes you. Beautiful job.

JM

Thanks
    Ah, wow, Clione. Beautiful portrait. There's such a great sense of depth and structure. Well done.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Grumpysaur For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    This is fantastic. Excellent communication of form, and good range of tones. My suggestion would be to increase the contrast on your face and decrease it on your shirt - even if it's not like that in real life. That would bring your eye easily to focus on your face a little more, but don't overdo it! It's lovely.

Edit: Actually I kind of changed my mind. It's nice to read that you are wearing a white shirt. I'll leave it in your hands