Please critique my Snow White!

View testimonialsView Artwork
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Please critique my Snow White!

It's a work in progress. My high school is having an art show featuring the work of their graduated students and I'm hoping to submit this piece. I haven't had the opportunity to attend an art school since graduating due to certain circumstances (something I'm very insecure about), so it's very important to me to submit a work that I can be proud of and that everyone will admire. I know I have troubles with value, anatomy, and using a single, cohesive light source, so while I am pleased to have any and all critique, critique pertaining specifically to those subjects would be highly valuable to me. Thank you in advance.

Name:  SNOWWHITE7.jpg
Views: 336
Size:  87.5 KB

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    This is much better than the one from the previous thread, especially the face, but the rest has quite a few anatomical problems. Get back to the reference and make sure everything is correct in proportions. Measure or do anything you can, but you need the anatomy to be perfect.
    Then apply the same tones you used to the face to the body. Not exactly the same colours (I mean for the red cheeks for example), but the tones and values.

Don't forget the necklace has a shadow, and cast shadows where you need to.

Then what you do is select the parts where you want to draw attention. Obviously here the face works well because it's detailed, but maybe you want the hands, part of the arms, the lace where the boobs are, parts of the 'corset' and so on. Just don't detail everything, simply get sharp details where they are needed.

I think that if you do this your work will already greatly be improved, and I'll be glad to help some more.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Members who have read this thread: 3