Sketchbook: My work in progress sketchbook

View testimonialsView Artwork
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

My work in progress sketchbook

Not sure if I'm doing this right, if not let me know. I'm not very good at
    navigating this site so far. Anyways, recently I've been trying to get serious
    about my art but it's been a struggle. Most of all I just don't know what I need to be doing to get better quicker. Time is also a big issue with work and all.

Here's where I'm at with my art (Feel free to be brutally honest, it will only help me)

Name:  Horse Sketch.jpg
Views: 155
Size:  208.4 KB

Name:  Wolf Sketches.jpg
Views: 101
Size:  368.9 KB

Name:  Nonon.jpg
Views: 95
Size:  240.9 KB

Name:  Girl Sketch.jpg
Views: 107
Size:  209.6 KB

Name:  Sketchbook Page.jpg
Views: 96
Size:  366.8 KB

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Name:  Fox Sketches.jpg
Views: 34
Size:  281.5 KB

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I know what you mean about time! I'm 30, with all the work and stuff it's hard to find time to learn
    Fortunately I found this CA community, it helped me creating a kind of compromise to go ahead.
    When you say "I don't know what I need to be doing to get better quicker" have you tried to read new stuff? I say that because it happens to me a lot, when I feel stuck at something I'm trying to learn usually finding a book and reading it leads me through a lot of discoveries along the way.

"Become who you are" - Nietzsche

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi, Elvistking. Thanks for the reply. I will also be 30, this month. I've been reading several books that I am enjoying a lot. Drawing on the right side of the brain is really good. I have three Andrew Loomis books that I've been going through slowly and I practiced some anatomy with a Bridgeman book but I don't really like the look of the way he draws some things. Something about his hands bothers me, not sure what. I guess more what I meant was like I need a solid study schedule but I'm not sure how to arrange it or what's most important to focus on to improve quickly. 2 hours of anatomy? 10 min gesture? 1 hour of memory drawing? I need some solid direction but I can not afford to go to an art school and even if I could I hear many of them are not worth it. What are your goals with art? I would like to be an illustrator.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by ShatterShock View Post
    Hi, Elvistking. Thanks for the reply. I will also be 30, this month. I've been reading several books that I am enjoying a lot. Drawing on the right side of the brain is really good. I have three Andrew Loomis books that I've been going through slowly and I practiced some anatomy with a Bridgeman book but I don't really like the look of the way he draws some things. Something about his hands bothers me, not sure what. I guess more what I meant was like I need a solid study schedule but I'm not sure how to arrange it or what's most important to focus on to improve quickly. 2 hours of anatomy? 10 min gesture? 1 hour of memory drawing? I need some solid direction but I can not afford to go to an art school and even if I could I hear many of them are not worth it. What are your goals with art? I would like to be an illustrator.
    Hi ShatterShock, yes I think I misunderstood a little, now I see what you meant. A solid schedule is a good point, yesterday I realized I did almost zero drawings since monday, and the fact is that I didn't have any schedule. I spent my time watching videos (ctrlpaint.com), surfing deviantart, surfing CA sketchbooks... I'm not saying it was a waste of time, but as I'm just starting I would expect myself to draw more than zero per day. So today I made a decision, I'll try to advance by goals, writing down subject, skils, duration, homework. About my goals with art, I would say it's just for hobbie, it would be a lot of fun if I was able to draw my friends in a caricature way (maybe I can set it as a goal in the future!).

"Become who you are" - Nietzsche

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.