Photoshop Digital- Some Critique please?

View testimonialsView Artwork
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Photoshop Digital- Some Critique please?

Hi, I'm 15 years old, and have been doing art 'seriously' (as in at least doing some art almost every day. It's not the best system, but between school I don't have much time) since I was about 11/12. Sadly, I started my drawings copying manga/anime and learning through that. I have now been trying to do more realistic studies, although usually I get distracted and do a a more 'cartoonish' style, which I feel comfortable in. I don't think my realism is sub par, although it certainly could be improved. Anyway, I have never had any criticism on my personal work, so if someone could tell me if my basic understanding of shapes/lighting and colours is okay, that'd be great! Also I realise the brushes used on this give it quite a strange effect, that doesn't really suit the tone of the picture.
    (Also please ignore the watermark in the top corner I just posted it on my blog)

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nice green glow! Here are some problems I spotted: The character's hair is lit with green light, but not her/his forehead. There are heavy black lines around the eyes that doesn't really work with the level of realism you got going on the hair, mouth, chin. And even if you're going for a totally cartoonish style you'd still need to get hand anatomy right. I'd suggest you do some anatomy studies.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.