Some of my artwork, I need critiques and some help :)

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Some of my artwork, I need critiques and some help :)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Some of my artwork, I need critiques and some help :)

Hello all, it's my first post here, so I don't know how it will work heheh. I'm 16 and I've been drawing for quite a short while. I started at January of 2014 (5 months ago) after some drawing when I was younger. I started with manga (I used to copy anime characters like dragon ball, so that's what it is), and later I decided to learn to draw manga, so I managed to create some characters (like the 3 you won't be familiar with) and then I thought it wasn't exactly what i liked, in spite of that, it was a good way to start drawing from my mind, because manga characters follow a defined structure, so it isn't as far of copying as figuring out the whole painting. So then I tried "designing" landscapes as a start with concept art and drawing from my mind, after a few quick sketches and some youtube i drew those 2 landscapes that you can see... I belive under here. I liked it, so I'm keeping on concept art, I tried to copy lightning the main character from final fanasy XIII-XIV (I'm sure gamers know what I'm talking about), and it went ok, the second time (the unfinished drawing, of her face and upper-body) has gone better (I think) it looks more natural and, if I can say it, realistic. I tried to draw a knight from my mind too and also copied some cars, as you can see. Now I plan to get a wacom intuos pro M, because I feel pencil is very limited in cooncept art (as I only work with pencil), and I want you to tell me what you think about my work and how I can improve any of my skills, this would be very useful :)
    If someone offers to be kind of "my teacher"... omg, it would be awesome hahah ;) it's always good to have someone to share experiences with and to talk about what we like (it's not easy to find people doing concept art, and at my age... nearly imposible!)

Thanks for everyone in advance!

Name:  20140507_161955.jpg
Views: 636
Size:  118.6 KBName:  IMG-20140506-WA0005.jpg
Views: 614
Size:  151.6 KBName:  20140507_161928(0).jpg
Views: 596
Size:  109.7 KBName:  2014-02-22 22.04.13.jpg
Views: 602
Size:  220.4 KBName:  20140507_162005.jpg
Views: 594
Size:  118.7 KBName:  2014-02-22 22.06.08.jpg
Views: 594
Size:  151.9 KBName:  2014-02-22 22.06.00.jpg
Views: 587
Size:  155.1 KBName:  2014-02-22 22.03.52.jpg
Views: 587
Size:  163.4 KBName:  20140507_161944.jpg
Views: 591
Size:  85.9 KBName:  2014-01-01 22.49.16.jpg
Views: 603
Size:  186.4 KB

Last edited by jimmixgs; May 7th, 2014 at 01:27 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,687 Times in 1,646 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Don't copy stuff from drawings, but start drawing things from real life. Start small with simple shapes. It's not going to be particularly exciting, but it's to help you start seeing things three dimensionally, which is something you'll never get from copying photos or drawings (obviously).
    After you start getting better at drawing basic shapes, it's easier to learn how to construct things from such (also take a look at this list here:http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...Reading-List):
    Name:  cliff_young_figure_in_top_light.jpg
Views: 1275
Size:  119.7 KB

"I eat comics and poop stylization"
    Comic!
    Sketchbook (Critiques, no compliments please.)
    Tumblr
    Website
    Livejournal
    DeviantArt

4. The Following User Says Thank You to TinyBird For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I think you are doing okay for your age. There really isn't a whole lot to say at this point, keep doing the imagination landscapes, keep doing copies of art works that interest you... just broaden up your horizons some, throw in a few studies from photos and life of whatever you think looks cool. Check out the character designs from Chrono Trigger, and you should play it too.

Sketchbook

"Beliefs are rules for action"
    "Knowledge is proven in action."
    "It's use is it's meaning."

6. The Following User Says Thank You to armando For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Welcome, another-person-around-my-age! ^o^
    I'm myself a noob so not gonna critisize or anything, but I've a friend who draws manga and what helped him get better is drawing sketches of real people (I mean, not from photos), and also doing gesture drawing using quickposes.com, which I also love.
    You could invest some time in still lifes and such, it might not seem so fun at the beginning and it seemed boring for me too (I started in January too!), but now I'm having a blast every time!

Btw, before buying a tablet you may wanna try with some real paint... I got one before doing so and I had a reaaaly hard time getting around with colors and such. So I bought some acrylic paints, brushes and carton to play with Now I'm slowly discovering digital art and it's much easier to grasp than when I had absolutely no knowledge about painting whatsoever xD

SKETCHBOOK
    I've been drawing for: half a year!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Alicja For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I post now the finished drawing of lightning. I think it's nice in spite of being the first realistic drawing I make from a face (I know that was a photo, but still good )

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by jimmixgs; May 11th, 2014 at 01:24 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Alicja View Post
    Welcome, another-person-around-my-age! ^o^
    I'm myself a noob so not gonna critisize or anything, but I've a friend who draws manga and what helped him get better is drawing sketches of real people (I mean, not from photos), and also doing gesture drawing using quickposes.com, which I also love.
    You could invest some time in still lifes and such, it might not seem so fun at the beginning and it seemed boring for me too (I started in January too!), but now I'm having a blast every time!

Btw, before buying a tablet you may wanna try with some real paint... I got one before doing so and I had a reaaaly hard time getting around with colors and such. So I bought some acrylic paints, brushes and carton to play with Now I'm slowly discovering digital art and it's much easier to grasp than when I had absolutely no knowledge about painting whatsoever xD
    Thanks! I've seen your sketchbook, it's pretty nice, you're taking art so serious that you're gonna go a lot further than me... but I'll try to keep the level!
    I'm going to get the drawing tablet on the end of June probably, so I'll see how it works, In my opinion you could too, I think you said that you have an old drawing "thing" hahaha, and you did well in spite of it. And you're gonna use it for sure, more than me.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by armando View Post
    I think you are doing okay for your age. There really isn't a whole lot to say at this point, keep doing the imagination landscapes, keep doing copies of art works that interest you... just broaden up your horizons some, throw in a few studies from photos and life of whatever you think looks cool. Check out the character designs from Chrono Trigger, and you should play it too.
    Thanks for the recommendations, I'll keep doing what I think that could be interesting and will make me learn, I think I'll go for some still life, like Alicja and tiny bird said, but I'll keep with my landscapes and all this things

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by TinyBird View Post
    Don't copy stuff from drawings, but start drawing things from real life. Start small with simple shapes. It's not going to be particularly exciting, but it's to help you start seeing things three dimensionally, which is something you'll never get from copying photos or drawings (obviously).
    After you start getting better at drawing basic shapes, it's easier to learn how to construct things from such (also take a look at this list here:http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...Reading-List):
    Name:  cliff_young_figure_in_top_light.jpg
Views: 1275
Size:  119.7 KB
    Thanks! I try to imagine things in 3d as I draw, but it's hard, I've started "designing" cars, just for getting a good perspective and 3d feeling, I noticed the BMW seemed flat copying of a photo, so I'll try to think about cars as a whole myself without looking any picture.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    As far as drawing from life vs drawing from a photo: It's like taking a digital picture. If you take a high resolution picture it will be a good representation of the object, but if you take a picture of that picture then the resolution suffers and detail is lost. My drawing professor told us that, and it makes sense. Draw from life, be the original camera.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Rmetzger93 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Rmetzger93 View Post
    As far as drawing from life vs drawing from a photo: It's like taking a digital picture. If you take a high resolution picture it will be a good representation of the object, but if you take a picture of that picture then the resolution suffers and detail is lost. My drawing professor told us that, and it makes sense. Draw from life, be the original camera.
    Yeah... I know what you mean, but it's hard to get the perspective and make a flat image of a portion of what surrounds you, I mean, drawing an apple from real life is harder than from a photo, but if you want to draw something else, like maybe a room or a garden, I find it difficult to get the perspective, i tend to do the lines like the things theirselves are, and not what the perspective tells me that they are. I don't know if you will understand that, I'm not english, but I don't know how to express it. Anyway, thank you for your suggests!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmixgs View Post
    Yeah... I know what you mean, but it's hard to get the perspective and make a flat image of a portion of what surrounds you, I mean, drawing an apple from real life is harder than from a photo, but if you want to draw something else, like maybe a room or a garden, I find it difficult to get the perspective, i tend to do the lines like the things theirselves are, and not what the perspective tells me that they are. I don't know if you will understand that, I'm not english, but I don't know how to express it. Anyway, thank you for your suggests!
    But, that's the point! It's supposed to be hard! That's what's great about it. I don't see you doing any room studies or anything like that, so it's not like you have to do the hardest. I'm just saying what has been perpetuated by classic artists and teachers everywhere. Start off with fundamentals drawing from life, and the stuff from your imagination will get much better. If you try to stylize too early you won't have fundamentals.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Rmetzger93 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    But, that's the point! It's supposed to be hard! That's what's great about it. I don't see you doing any room studies or anything like that, so it's not like you have to do the hardest. I'm just saying what has been perpetuated by classic artists and teachers everywhere. Start off with fundamentals drawing from life, and the stuff from your imagination will get much better. If you try to stylize too early you won't have fundamentals.
    Hahaha, I know, I have tried to do some rooms, that's why I said that, but I end up throwing the paper to the bin, I admit I should draw a lot more than I do, because I'm not studying art and I don't find the right time to sit down and draw an apple, instead, I'm sure I have it, I have to keep up the work if I want to get somewhere in concept art. Thank you for your reflections, I'll post for sure some still life trials soon

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Gotcha, art is not the main focus of my life either. It's been very hard to progress at all. Anyways, best of luck to you!

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Rmetzger93 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Gotcha, art is not the main focus of my life either. It's been very hard to progress at all. Anyways, best of luck to you!
    Thanks!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Just a very loose 20 min sketch from what I saw when I have taken my notebook right now, just drawing from real life like you recommended me Name:  20140514_185646.jpg
Views: 411
Size:  257.1 KB

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Looking good! Bust out a ruler and devote some time to it! Great Job!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    looks like your my age too. I would suggest to work on your line work more than anything else. Maybe some spacial awareness between each lines.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    thank you guys for the feedback, I don't know what you mean with the space between lines... But Yeah this last drawing was something that i did because I didn't know what to do and I started to throw lines more or less where they were supposed to be on the paper hehehe. Sorry for the delay on the answers, I've been off some days because I couldn't log in with my mobile phone (the new web version or something else...) and I had final exams, so little time with my pc (and with my pencil too... ).I think you'll remember the "knight" I tried to draw, I post it again, I just tried to push the values quite more and add some highlights, so it pops a bit more, tell me what you think please.
    I also post a non-finished drawing about a landscape, you'll see, I need help I can't make the rock wall feel like rock and the the stuff from the bottom-right of the "ground" feel like trees and vegetation. The sea doesn't look realistic too, nut better than these other things. I only have a set of pencils, 3H, HB, 2B and 6B, and three rubbers with different sizes to work, I can't go with acrylics or this kind of things because I don't have either the space or the "equipment" to work (sorry for my bad english...), just planning to get an intuos for more advanced art after I learn a bit more
    Oh! and that "thing" up there on the right corner is the light source, but it's not on the drawing itself.
    All help is welcome, and always helpful

Sorry for the bad quality of the images, I just don't get used to taking photos of graphite.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    That shading is so epic

I'm a scribble ninja! Hah!
    Sketchbook
    DeviantArt
    Youtube Channel

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I also agree that I think you are doing a fine job for where you are and what you would like to do. Thinking in terms of where to go from here, and what will help you the best, I think that if your hearts desire is to do the sort of Dragon Ball, Final Fantasy, etc type then paying attention to what you like and don't like and where you want to go is a good start. What I mean by this, and by all means take it with a grain of salt, is what kind of manga do you want to do? Do you just want to pull off awesome paintings? Or do you want to create comics? OR perhaps specialize in concept art. By all means you don't have to make a definite answer now, and I don't mean to overwhelm you, it is just something to think about.

I believe paying attention to publications of manga style art, magazines, instructional books, video guides may be a good place to start.

Also, I think that getting in contact with professionals you admire and asking them what they did and the obstacles they had to overcome to become a professional is a good start. Just be advised to be very polite and realize that they may not get back to you and not to take that personally.

If they have a blog you can follow that blog and read through the experiences they deal with.

this is something I will concur with, is the principal of construction of characters that was mentioned. Think of the canvas as not a 2-D surface, but a window into a 3-D space where you create the 3-d objects. I believe that will give volume and form to your characters.

Honing the foundational skills of art, from what I am seeing drawing, is always a good idea. Take a sketch book with you everywhere and sketch objects and people you find interesting. Don't be embarrassed about them, the point is to continue to hone your skills to develop your eye for drawing. And that takes practice, practice, practice.

If you can get into figure drawing class, many places have drop in classes, I would suggest that as well. If you cannot get into the nude figure drawing class, try the clothed one.

Still life's, as mentioned are always good, set up objects you like under some interesting lighting and draw and render them.

It will be in your benefit to always look at other artists, see what you like, don't like, and want to add to your own work. If something strikes you as masterful, I do not see the harm in doing a master study of it as long as you acknowledge it for what it is, a study.

When drawing, I feel reference is a must. I would advise you to be cautious of drawing from the imagination, simply because the reference has all the information you need. Remember not to whole sale copy the reference, a pose, clothing, a specific hand gesture, or areas of nature and buildings will be helpful.

Finally the last advice, perhaps the best advice I can give you is to have persistence. It may be hard, and frustrating (it is at least for me.)But if you persevere with a willingness to learn and take advice as you have demonstrated here I cannot foresee anything but positive results for you.

I do hope in my own small way I have helped you on your path. Good luck!

On that great road, always and forever journeying forward to that shining city on the hill.

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rabbott For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Rabbott View Post
    I also agree that I think you are doing a fine job for where you are and what you would like to do. Thinking in terms of where to go from here, and what will help you the best, I think that if your hearts desire is to do the sort of Dragon Ball, Final Fantasy, etc type then paying attention to what you like and don't like and where you want to go is a good start. What I mean by this, and by all means take it with a grain of salt, is what kind of manga do you want to do? Do you just want to pull off awesome paintings? Or do you want to create comics? OR perhaps specialize in concept art. By all means you don't have to make a definite answer now, and I don't mean to overwhelm you, it is just something to think about.

I believe paying attention to publications of manga style art, magazines, instructional books, video guides may be a good place to start.

Also, I think that getting in contact with professionals you admire and asking them what they did and the obstacles they had to overcome to become a professional is a good start. Just be advised to be very polite and realize that they may not get back to you and not to take that personally.

If they have a blog you can follow that blog and read through the experiences they deal with.

this is something I will concur with, is the principal of construction of characters that was mentioned. Think of the canvas as not a 2-D surface, but a window into a 3-D space where you create the 3-d objects. I believe that will give volume and form to your characters.

Honing the foundational skills of art, from what I am seeing drawing, is always a good idea. Take a sketch book with you everywhere and sketch objects and people you find interesting. Don't be embarrassed about them, the point is to continue to hone your skills to develop your eye for drawing. And that takes practice, practice, practice.

If you can get into figure drawing class, many places have drop in classes, I would suggest that as well. If you cannot get into the nude figure drawing class, try the clothed one.

Still life's, as mentioned are always good, set up objects you like under some interesting lighting and draw and render them.

It will be in your benefit to always look at other artists, see what you like, don't like, and want to add to your own work. If something strikes you as masterful, I do not see the harm in doing a master study of it as long as you acknowledge it for what it is, a study.

When drawing, I feel reference is a must. I would advise you to be cautious of drawing from the imagination, simply because the reference has all the information you need. Remember not to whole sale copy the reference, a pose, clothing, a specific hand gesture, or areas of nature and buildings will be helpful.

Finally the last advice, perhaps the best advice I can give you is to have persistence. It may be hard, and frustrating (it is at least for me.)But if you persevere with a willingness to learn and take advice as you have demonstrated here I cannot foresee anything but positive results for you.

I do hope in my own small way I have helped you on your path. Good luck!
    Thank you so so much for your comment and support my friend, today talking with a guy from this forum I jsut thought about what you say in getting my goals clear and know where I wanna get. It's simple, I'm gonna buy a tablet, and I want to be able to do awesome concept art drawings (draw myself things and landscapes that seem real but are mine and are my own ideas) and maybe be able to do some design on the way (being able to draw a cool car if I want to). So basically I wanna focus on concept art but more than as a job or a commercial thing, as a hobby. Finally, I'd like to draw characters in that final fantasy (new) style (looking real but with this japanese-manga beautiful looking), like the one I drew, it's just looking realistic, but it's not a real person, and it's something like "idealized", I tried manga, but I wanna make things look real, I love that skill of taking things of your head alive as if they had been copied from life itself.
    Video and book guides, I've watched half youtube in terms of concept art tutorials.
    I appreaciate a lot your time and advices, Thank you!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi! This morning I have been working on a semi-realistic kind of character, as I want them to be (more or less heheh), I got inspired by a youtuber called "CUBEBRUSH", as he's specialized on this kind of characters, I add two images here, as you can see, I always have the same problem when drawing from my mind, heads are waaay bigger than they should be, and at the moment I take a photo or I see the drawing from the distance is like: "Shit! it's not like it was supposed to be!". Any reccomendation?
    I erased the head, I'll redraw it smaller, but look at the body, I'm not completely satisfied with the line-drawing, is it something wrong? I think so but don't get the mistake (maybe it's all a big mistake...).
    Just need a lot of practice I think... learning anathomy and all this things...
    I won't shade it and try to finish it until i know the line drawing is ok, so I will keep posting updates as soon as I get what's wrong and I make it right.
    Thakns!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    This head size better? I changed the armor design, just didn't like the other

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I can't quite make out what you are showing there. Would it be possible to zoom out and catch the whole picture?

On that great road, always and forever journeying forward to that shining city on the hill.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I can't quite make out what you are showing there. Would it be possible to zoom out and catch the whole picture?
    Maybe the image resolution is too high and you can't see the whole image at the same time, but the drawing is all here, the girl is "cut" underneath the thigh.
    I post the same image at a lower resolution so it gets smaller.
    Better?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    yep, thank you. Now the first bit of advice I can offer you is the framing (how the camera relates to the figures) of your drawing. Are you happen with that medium view (legs cut off torso showing) If you are than that is fine. I mention it as many comics, manga, even movies, frame there images in a dynamic way. If you have a favorite movie I would recommend watching it again and study just how the characters are framed shot to show, scene to scene, etc. You can also do this with manga, comics (the advantage being the shots are still so you don't have to keep pausing.) I believe doing this you will have a good idea of how to frame your images, which in turn will make your drawings more powerful.

Next, I would suggest, giving your character a pose that shows the attitude, expression, of your character. If she is a bad ass, there are many good examples of women posing in aggressive, powerful positions with expressions that compliment them. Think of Lightning as an example, how does she move, how does she sit, stand, what does she do at rest, when shes spoiling for a fight. This too will add a dynamic element to your drawings and make it more powerful.

I do see improvement with your construction, and I can't stress enough how important the underlying foundation truly is. It needs to be solid as a rock to build your character on. As much as everyone wants to move onto the fun part of the character drawing this is not a step that can be missed, and the more time you take making that construction as solid as possible the more powerful the image will become.

I would suggest some exercises, on drawing gesture and constructing the human form in various positions. Doing this, over and over again will help you see and construct your characters. Mastery is due diligence and part of that is repetition over and over again.

Hopefully this helpful for you. I see improvement and I know you will get even better!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    yep, thank you. Now the first bit of advice I can offer you is the framing (how the camera relates to the figures) of your drawing. Are you happen with that medium view (legs cut off torso showing) If you are than that is fine. I mention it as many comics, manga, even movies, frame there images in a dynamic way. If you have a favorite movie I would recommend watching it again and study just how the characters are framed shot to show, scene to scene, etc. You can also do this with manga, comics (the advantage being the shots are still so you don't have to keep pausing.) I believe doing this you will have a good idea of how to frame your images, which in turn will make your drawings more powerful.

Next, I would suggest, giving your character a pose that shows the attitude, expression, of your character. If she is a bad ass, there are many good examples of women posing in aggressive, powerful positions with expressions that compliment them. Think of Lightning as an example, how does she move, how does she sit, stand, what does she do at rest, when shes spoiling for a fight. This too will add a dynamic element to your drawings and make it more powerful.

I do see improvement with your construction, and I can't stress enough how important the underlying foundation truly is. It needs to be solid as a rock to build your character on. As much as everyone wants to move onto the fun part of the character drawing this is not a step that can be missed, and the more time you take making that construction as solid as possible the more powerful the image will become.

I would suggest some exercises, on drawing gesture and constructing the human form in various positions. Doing this, over and over again will help you see and construct your characters. Mastery is due diligence and part of that is repetition over and over again.

Hopefully this helpful for you. I see improvement and I know you will get even better!
    Hey thank you, I see what you say, the fact is that I didn't want to create a beautiful drawing, it was only a try to draw a semi-realistic face, but it looked good and I just wanted to keep going (the way I drew the hair reminded me a kind of tomb raider character, so I wanted to draw more), so that region of the leg is where my paper finished heheh. If you think about it's my first try drawing by myself a semi realistic character... (that isn't only a lifeless armor like the one I drew), I just thought "let's see how it goes on" and this is what I just got. When I get used to drawing that kind of things I'll plan my drawings as a shot like you said, it was a good point and made me open my eyes, but this was an exercise and I find it difficult for now to make a super "here I am" pose hahaha, too early I think
    Anyway, I appreciate your advices a lot, I'll just finish this one and post it here and I'll get into "pose practising", I'll try to get anathomy working well.
    That's one thing I really want to do when I get a tablet, draw a whole body of a character in detail (Din-A4 paper is too small... )
    You're going to see a good focused and cut drawing with some kind of character on a nice pose soon! (or I hope so!!)

Last edited by jimmixgs; June 1st, 2014 at 01:31 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Just finished that last drawing! I'm a very noob in terms of shading, but it has gone better than I expected
    What do you think?
    hands are missing, I know, but I don't know if I should add them, I don't know how... I always have problems with hands

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmixgs View Post
    Just finished that last drawing! I'm a very noob in terms of shading, but it has gone better than I expected
    What do you think?
    hands are missing, I know, but I don't know if I should add them, I don't know how... I always have problems with hands
    Pretty awesome shading *___*

I'm a scribble ninja! Hah!
    Sketchbook
    DeviantArt
    Youtube Channel

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The best advice I can give you on drawing hands is repetition. Hands are infamous for being difficult, however hands are also one of the most expressive parts of the body besides the face. While it may sound tedious the path to mastery is through doing it over and over until it becomes second nature. There are short cuts, like tracing, but that will not further you as an artist like intense study does.

Let me elaborate on that. Traditionally artists went to an atelier to learn to draw/paint/etc and did intense studying there, thousands upon thousands of drawings and studies that gradually, oh so slowly, brought them to mastery. This by the way is true to serious artists in japan who draw manga which is why I bring them up. Don't think about where you are now, so much as where you want to be and keep pushing yourself in that direction. If you feel something is hard that is your revelation that it the direction in which you may need to focus your time on.

I see improvement and the questions that I ask is what material is the armor she is wearing? is it a style? Future? Past? If so getting historical reference can help, even sci-fi from sources that inspire you. Is it brand new? Battle scared? Weathered? Dirty? Proportionally I see the face very stylized, but perhaps not in the way I think you want her to end up being. The light seems to becoming up and to the right and the question of how strong or weak it is will effect the shadowing and value of her. I think that perhaps you can push the value darker to create a shadow line and area of shadow that will help render the form dimensionally. This is where anatomy can really be helpful as the shadows over the muscles and form make it pop out.

Of course in the end it is your style that will dictate what you want her to look like. I have a link that may be helpful in this regard.

http://idrawgirls.blogspot.com/2007/...male-girl.html

This is an excellent resource on women.

Keep at it, its a long road but I know you can make it!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 128