Is conceptart.org still a place for beginners?

Join 500,000+ artists on ConceptArt.Org.

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks

Is conceptart.org still a place for beginners?

Hello,

I was wondering if conceptart.org will still play host for beginner grade work; I've had my try at fine art some years ago and have decided to give it another go since it's something that I always loved doing. This is the site where I started my first sketchbook but as far as I can tell the forum isn't really a place where people just starting out or restarting should be posting progress work.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    There are lots of beginners around. I'd say sketchbook section is probably the best place to share your work. What kind of fine art are you doing?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Grumpysaur For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 5,453 Times in 3,665 Posts
    Yep, we have tons of beginners. The more you participate in the forum, the more feedback you'll get. Check out this thread http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...?t=870&page=72

Last edited by Black Spot; May 4th, 2014 at 01:12 AM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Black Spot For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpysaur View Post
    There are lots of beginners around. I'd say sketchbook section is probably the best place to share your work. What kind of fine art are you doing?
    Thank you, I guess the description of the sketchbook forum is a bit intimidating. I wouldn't say 'doing' because I haven't practiced for a very long time but conceptual art was what I was aspiring to do. I've always had a special fondness for character design and portrait art if you were looking for a narrower field.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Spot View Post
    Yep, we have tons of beginners. The more you participate in the forum, the more feedback you'll get. Check out this thread http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...?t=870&page=72
    You'd be surprised but that is actually the thread that got me to start posting here in the first place. Jonathan is such a huge inspiration, I'm glad he's still the guy people refer when trying to inspire new people to start working.

That being said I guess it's decided, will open a sketchbook soon. Thank you both for replying!

Thanks
    Make sure to check out Character of the Week (chow) in the art challenge section. You can participate in that no matter what level you are at. Welcome!

Thanks
    Thank you, will look into it. Right now I'm working towards a first post for the sketchbook section, was excited about posting last week but I don't think starting with just a sketch would offer enough insight into my current ability as to be worth any constructive criticism.

Members who have read this thread: 35