CMYK Theme - critique please :)

Join 500,000+ artists on ConceptArt.Org.

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks

CMYK Theme - critique please :)

hey folks, it's been a while...

I need critique on a little CMYK based poster I'm supposed to do for classes. The quality of the photograph does not count, I know that I suck at taking pictures and my model wasn't that comfortable in front of the camera... but that's not the problem.
    The theme is CMYK, I placed the colors in the form of stripes on the picture in various positions but I can't decide which one is the best.

I narrowed it down to four pictures, the third one in the top row and the last three in the bottom row.

personally, I prefer the second or third in the bottom row but the people I already asked preferred the third in the top row or the last in the bottom row.

From a designer's point of view: which one would you choose and why? I'm at a loss, I'm unable to narrow it down to just one

░▒▓█▀▄ Please critique my SKETCHBOOK ▄▀█▓▒░
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    I agree with those people, those are the strongest. I'm partial to the bottom row, last one, because the lines have a nice sense of repetition/rhythm to them, and they set up some interesting shapes. The only thing I would work on is the symmetry - because it's such a symmetrical photo, I would just go ahead and push that to make as close to "mirrored" as possible. Maybe also take another look at the tangents made with the black areas and the face - it has a place, like most techniques, but usually you want to avoid doing that.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Members who have read this thread: 13