Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    Thanks
    Amazing works as always O_O
    The Indiana Jones one got me too.
    The last one is very impressive... but it seems you've centered it a bit higher than the original?...
    By the way, I wonder, is it considered cheating if you work "normally" and then tilt your canvas for dramatic effect?

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dire Shinobi View Post
    skfllASIDTHA;SKLJ';

^^^ That was my jaw hitting the keyboard. Amazing work! Would you mind if I asked how you work with layers(I.E. many or few)?
    Hey Dire Shinobi, thanks for checking out my studies. i work with a lot of layers. I usually try to separate my painting into separate objects and block in each one on a different layer then I lock the transparency and start adding in my lights and darks. As I continue to detail I'll add layers and when I'm happy with it I merge it with the first "block in" layer. I do this for each "object" so that I can continue to keep them on there own layers right down to the end instead of painting in top of all the layers.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to PixelObsession For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeCarnevilCat View Post
    Amazing works as always O_O
    The Indiana Jones one got me too.
    The last one is very impressive... but it seems you've centered it a bit higher than the original?...
    By the way, I wonder, is it considered cheating if you work "normally" and then tilt your canvas for dramatic effect?
    Thanks ZeCarevilCat I double checked to see if mine was higher,, like you said, but it doesn't seem to be. I it's just an illusion because of how it's tilted.

I wouldn't call it cheating to tilt it after the fact. I think a lot of people worry too much about cheating, but It shouldn't really matter how a person arrives at their final painting. As long as person's not plagiarizing and trying to pass it off as their own, then whatever process they want to use to create their art is fine by me.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PixelObsession View Post
    Thanks ZeCarevilCat I double checked to see if mine was higher,, like you said, but it doesn't seem to be. I it's just an illusion because of how it's tilted.
    Indeed it is, I checked too. My brain is really playing nasty tricks on me.
    Double great job!

Thanks
    Thanked 11,345 Times in 2,869 Posts
    Yep...another showcase worthy study. Great work. Just keep them rolling. You know what to do at this point. I look forward to seeing you get through the assignments after this, given how well you are doing here. Keep rocking!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Members who have read this thread: 7