Cherubea's Sketchbook

View testimonialsView Artwork
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Cherubea's Sketchbook

Chelsea, longtime lurker and finally feeling OK about posting some things. I have some experience with digital art and illustration, but I've been reluctant to call myself an artist; it's only recently that I'm beginning to feel confident enough to even make anything after an almost 4 year art slump. I'm really hoping that here my confidence and skills will grow, and maybe in the process I'll figure out what I aspire to. I'm excited to be here!

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    To start things off, here are a bunch of landscape paintings I've done in the past week. These are all from reference photos, not taken by me.

Right now I'm mainly working on using different photoshop brushes and improving my color and value senses.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Great studies How much time do you spend on each? I always end up working for way too long on my studies, yours have some nice strokes going on though, that tell enough of the story sort of thing. I even recognised one of the photos from somewhere The one with the mountains and green water. I saw you posted on the Daily Sketch Group, I'm glad! Have you lurked any in this forum http://www.conceptart.org/forums/for...UDY-OF-THE-DAY? I know I have but just not made myself start, might be something for you and your studies!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Nemodab For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nemodab,thank you! I started these studies thinking I would work on speed painting, but each of them took 90 minutes or more. Too long maybe for speed painting, but I'm learning some useful things otherwise. Choosing a good brush for a particular texture is what I get caught up in--maybe it's indecision makes my studies so long I'm hoping to do DSG every day, and yes! I saw that forum and was actually planning on doing one of those studies today!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yea one of the best tips going around these days with digital art is to just stick with chalk or basic brush, even if it's fun - custom brushes don't make the artist My "speedy" ones take a day of work on and off x) so 90 minutes I'd say is good!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Nemodab For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    A few things from the past couple of days: courting baboon and volatile sneeze for DSG, and very very rough Sneasel sketch for Pokemon redesign COW

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    So I had a lot of momentum going into last week, but I managed to lose it in the last few days. I want to build it up again, but too often my feelings get in the way of doing any work. How the heck do you guys keep it up? I'm going to keep working on my perseverance as well as my skills.

Anyway, here's a DSG I did last week, Lame Fight, and the process for my Sneasel re-design for COW #319. I had absolutely no clue what I was doing and went through a lot more sketch and value drafts than shown here. In the end I feel the piece turned out a bit too dark, and the coloring and rendering is lazy. The design is lazy too; I went with the first idea I had. I got too nervous and just rushed ahead. I really need to loosen up.

Name:  lamefight.png
Views: 36
Size:  245.8 KB

Name:  sneaselsktch3.png
Views: 43
Size:  126.0 KB
    Name:  sneaselsil2.png
Views: 26
Size:  61.0 KB
    Name:  sneaselvalue.png
Size:  124.8 KB
    Name:  sneaselfinal.png
Size:  417.6 KB

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.