I dont like my Cintiq 24!

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

I dont like my Cintiq 24!

I bought a Cintiq24 and atm i am very unhappy with it.
    1. The calibration method is very unprecise and must be performed under time pressure. (Often the upper right cross disappears before i hit the tablet, aarrrg!)
    And you have a gap between Screen and pen. So it means the cursor will never be 100% under the pen tip.
    If i draw on the left side of the screen the cursor is right of the pen tip. If i draw on the right side of the screen the cursor is left of the pen tip.
    To reduce this problem it would be nice to edit the raw calibration values.

... i always ask me how all these cintiq-users can draw with this issue?
    Do you look only on the cursor and not on the pen tip?

2. The reaction time is still to high. i know this tablet has the fastest response time on the market. But with Photoshop and his shitty Brush-Code it has a noticable lag (Manga-Studio works better). ANd no its not my Computer (i7 4930k, 16gb, 4gb Graphiccard)

3. The foot mechanism to lean the whole tablet forward has only 1 lock position?

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    There is a gap between pen and LEDs, I mean there has to be a protective glass... If you're going to draw with 1 px brush while you have zoomed way out, yeah, there is going to be a problem, but there is zoom in option and if you zoom your canvas the margin becomes practically unnoticeable.
    And if you are experiencing lag ( note, there is always going to be some lag), try turning of Windows Aero, it really helps a lot.
    Anyways, you should adress these things to wacom, not here, and if you are expecting paper pencil experience using Cintiq, you are going to be disappointed, no matter how good tablet is, it is not going to be the same as real paper and pencil, however it offers other fantastic features.

Last edited by AK-92; April 26th, 2014 at 10:59 AM.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to AK-92 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I felt the same if i bought my Cintiq 21UX after 5 years of working with Intuos 3.
    I thought that its gonna be magical. But my desk setup was not perfect for that and i barely used this tablet first two-three months. It did not feel comfortable.
    Now however.. when i was moved and rearranged my desk space it's awesome. I do all my drawings, 3d sculpting and 3d textures with cintiq.
    Even though.. you can't fully rely on cintiq's colors. They're bad and hard to calibrate indeed. You really need second screen to get color proof.

That cap between pen and cursor... you just have to get used to it. There's no way around. Like you have to get used to table-top tablet. None of them are pencil and paper.

Lag in Photoshop may be caused by bad driver. Try to uninstall and install different ones. For me it worked. In my experience, last one may not be the best one in that case. Depends on what kind of operating system you use and what's the version of Photoshop and when you updated your graphics drivers and so on..

Foot mechanism problem. If possible.. try to make yourself comfortable as possible. put something under your table legs to check if the table are not too low etc. It may help.

Good luck!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Somelar For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by feahza View Post

Do you look only on the cursor and not on the pen tip?
    YES! This is very important to understand when switching from intuos to cintiq or tabletpc, once you get used to looking at the cursor and not the pen tip, it won't be an issue to you. I use the calibrate tool to get it as consistent across the screen as possible, but it really doesn't matter as much. In your situation, since the cursor is hiding under your pen tip on the left side of the screen you will need to calibrate it using an "offset" on the crosshairs on the left side. When you tap the crosshairs on the left side aim to hit a centimeter to the right of them and see if that fixes it.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Stoneseeker For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thank you all for the advices, i will try to get used to it

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    if you like sketching, sketchbook pro is much better and realistic than photoshop. Yes look at the cursor not the pen tip. I love my cinti

www.findphil.com for a look at my older stuff
    www.facebook.com/vig.illustrationgraphics for recent stuff
    http://velikan.tumblr.com/ for the latest up-to-the-minute stuff, and process nonsense
    And finally, http://www.here-there-be-monsters.net/ is the place to be if you want to buy some of my work that has been kitted by the talented hand of Dave.

• 424,149 Artists
  • 3,599,276 Artist Posts
  • 32,941 Sketchbooks
  • 54 New Art Jobs
Art Workshop Discount Inside
Register

Developed Actively by vBSocial.com
The Art Department
SpringOfSea's Sketchbook