Beginner Freelancer - NEED HELP?
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Beginner Freelancer - NEED HELP?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Beginner Freelancer - NEED HELP?

Hi everyone, just wondering if you can all help me out.

I am currently working at a job Full-Time as a Graphic Artist, but am going to be going back to school. And i had this job offered to me, from a guy that works with me. He asked me if i wanted to design graphics/pictures, buttons web design sort of stuff, for a website that he is creating. And he was asking me what i would want to get paid? I didn't know what to tell him. I just told him, i don't really know because i have never done freelance work before. And he asked me what the manager at my work pays me. I told him. And he said ok. Well do you think that is a good price. I said i thought it was fair. But not sure bought freelance.

So i am wondering, what is a good price, to pay me for this sort of thing, how much do you get doing freelance work? I believe he want's to pay me by the hour. How much is a good price by the hour? Also if he doesn't do it that way, or if i tell him not to for some reason, whats a good price for just "FREELANCE" work, basically i just need to know how i get payed and how much for this type of work??

Thanks

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi there Warhead82, im also just starting a freelance illustration business, and I aim to charge no less than 20 an hour. Any less than that, then the client will think the work will be shoddy and probably wont take you as serious as other folk. I personally, am going to charge 25ph, which will cover my living costs etc when worked out. Just do what feels right mate, u dont wanna rip em off if its a small buiness, but then if its a big business, surely they can afford a few bob Hope that is of some use, but dont use that as a guideline, thats just what I was taught at college.

Oh and dont undervalue ur work, I mean look how much tits like pumbers charge, up to 50 an hour!

Peace

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hmm...Well, You have good points.

As for the guy, he works for the company but he isn't the company. So therefore, it will be his website. So its coming out of his pocket i assume.

Thanks, Is that American, Canadian, or what type of money are you talking about, when you say, 20 - 25bucks an hour. Would it be the same pretty much in Canada?

Thanks.

Edit: I would also like to see what others say about this too??

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    You might find the Graphic Artists Guild Handbook Pricing & Ethical guidelines book helpful for your problem.

Here's a link to it:
    http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...books&n=507846

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.